peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 12:36 AM
As Casualgran usually says, "Go ahead fishies"

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 9:11:46 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Feb 24, 11 12:50 AM
Beautifully done game. Appropriate music for ala creepy. This is an IFRAG...or is it IFROG??....lol. and not particularly easy either. Some of the frags are well hidden.
The strategy guide is operational in the demo. Have had no issue with over clicks...and on one scene I clicked a plenty. Hint refills quickly. Nice voice overs.
Appears to be of good length with lots to do. Definite buy here.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 24, 11 1:07 AM

Beautiful graphics but I got bored just going from one scene to the next and then the next puzzle and then the next scene then the next puzzle - practically no story.

I was ready to quit before I finally just left the game with 13 minutes to spare on the demo. There was just no compelling reason to continue....

Not a buy for me but all you fishies that enjoy this: Happy gaming!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 1:10 AM
The Strategy Guide is interesting and can be accessed from the gameplay area. It only allows you to see The Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2. So it is hard to guage the length. It is a game that I will buy good graphics and storyline so far. I am ashamed to say that I had to look at the SG to understand the first star puzzle.
Now I will let the usual fishies give their indepth excellent reviews.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 1:12 AM
Casualgran. Sorry to contradict you. I am playing on hard mode, there is an easier one too.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 24, 11 1:22 AM
peglegann wrote:Casualgran. Sorry to contradict you. I am playing on hard mode, there is an easier one too.

I missed where you choose casual or hard - could you tell me where that setting is? I clicked on the tutorial, so did that automatically put me in the easier mode perhaps?

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 24, 11 1:24 AM
Is there bonus game play?
It looks like a great game! DL'ing demo now.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 24, 11 1:30 AM
LOVE this game. Superb graphics, love the fact you search for pieces that are integral to the game instead of the usual bananas, feathers, fans etc.
Bought it and d/l now....can't wait to get back to the game!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 1:42 AM
GrammaKj wrote:
peglegann wrote:Casualgran. Sorry to contradict you. I am playing on hard mode, there is an easier one too.

I missed where you choose casual or hard - could you tell me where that setting is? I clicked on the tutorial, so did that automatically put me in the easier mode perhaps?

I skipped the tutorial and it allowed me to choose. BUT then when I bought it I looked at the SG and clicked on hard mode in the SG and it told me that the hard mode had been unlocked and a golden crown had been added to my inventory.
Then it told me to "access the hard mode click on the play button in the main menu".
Confused? I am now! If anyone can enlighten us please do.
I cannot see where this golden crown is either

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 1:44 AM
prchalpn wrote:Is there bonus game play?

Yes. The bonus play is called, The Frozen Lair and it looks quite long to me.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 24, 11 1:45 AM
peglegann wrote:
prchalpn wrote:Is there bonus game play?

Yes. The bonus play is called, The Frozen Lair and it looks quite long to me.

Thank you peglegann

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 1:45:57 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 24, 11 2:40 AM
Excellent and immersive game with beautiful graphics, sufficient hints and a good story. And the strategy guide was worthy of the name! Definitely a keeper!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 2:46 AM
Goofy, great review as usual!
I am afraid that I truly am confused. It says that the hint button is disabled in the hard mode, along with not being able to skip the puzzles. I have not wanted to skip the puzzles, so I have not noticed whether they can be skipped or not. Also, my hint button works! I may have missed something somewhere.
Anyone else as confused as me?

pusskatt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pusskatt on Feb 24, 11 3:01 AM
Can someone please tell me in baby steps how to access the hard mode?

I started the demo under one profile and when I purchased the game I couldn't get it to work so I started again under another name.

I still cannot access the hard mode!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I think the game is great!

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 24, 11 3:04 AM
Thanks for the reviews fishies. This game is simply georgous. My first game of this type was Dark Parables: Briar Rose. I have been hooked ever since.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 3:09 AM
pusskatt wrote:Can someone please tell me in baby steps how to access the hard mode?

I started the demo under one profile and when I purchased the game I couldn't get it to work so I started again under another name.

I still cannot access the hard mode!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I think the game is great!

Hi. You go to the Strategy Guide and click on the words "Hard Mode". Read what it says.
I do not think that it is working (a possible glitch) but see what you think.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 24, 11 3:37 AM
I knew that I would hear great reviews. I'm downloading now and looking forward to the play.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 24, 11 4:10 AM
I played about 15 minutes just to make sure there were no issues on my computer, then I purchased. It's downloading right now, and I can't wait to get back to playing it. If this is half as good as Briar Rose, it will be worth it!

Fantastic graphics, you get fully immersed in the dark fairy tale atmosphere, and the puzzles and iFROG scenes are interesting and different. I hope this series continues for a long time - there are plenty of children's stories out there!

Really, when you think about it, it's a wonder we aren't all basket cases! It seems most of the stories we were told as kids, and that we tell our own kids, are more than a little bit gruesome. Wicked witches that lock little girls in towers or poison them into 100-year naps because they are too pretty, princes who get a bit stuck on themselves and end up turned into frogs or beasts, who can then only be saved by kissing pretty princeses (who were locked in towers or poisoned into 100 year naps, so how can they save the princes?) and wolves who snack on Granny so they can put on her nightgown to fool little girls in red cloaks, so they can snack on her, too.

Oh yeah, this has the potential to be a fantastic series! Thank you!

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 24, 11 4:19 AM
Warning!!! The demo is way too short at one hour - I've never been so unhappy for a demo to end. Crappy timing, BFG! I just talked my DH into letting me buy extra games for the sale - no way will I get him to understand that I must have this now. I so cleverly explained the punch card system and how I only have to buy one more cheapo game this month to get a freebie.

I don't normally buy CEs, but I know I can't wait for the SE on this one. Not sure I can wait the five days until the 1st either! Hopefully I can hold out...

So, is the jury in yet on whether or not there is a bonus chapter? I assume between now and the 1st, that question will be answered, along with the issue of the missing crown.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 24, 11 4:24 AM

Good Morning Fishies,

Just want to clarify about Hard Mode and the Crown.

You start the game by playing in Regular Mode by default. Once you complete Regular Mode you will receive the Golden Crown at the end of the game.

You must go back to the Main Menu after you complete the game and click on "PLay". Make sure that you see the words "Hard Mode" (written in red I believe) above the word "Play"

You should see the Golden Crown in your inventory.

You should also see a " lock" in place of the hint button in the lower left.This locks the hints and skips in the game.

The Hard Mode info is integrated into the strategy guide with the words "SPOILER ALERT FOR HARD MODE" on top and 'END OF SPOILER ALERT" at the end of that section so that people playing in Regular Mode do not receive spoilers.

Hope this helps, please let us know if anything else is unclear.

Thanks,

MargieB

Go to: