MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown.

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 24, 11 4:17 AM
Good Morning Fishies,

I know there are a couple of threads regarding this topic but wanted to post a separate thread so the information remains on top. I will ask a mod to sticky this thread later.

Just want to clarify about Hard Mode and the Crown.

You start the game by playing in Regular Mode by default. Once you complete Regular Mode you will receive the Golden Crown at the end of the game.

You must go back to the Main Menu after you complete the game and click on "PLay". Make sure that you see the words "Hard Mode" (written in red I believe) above the word "Play"

You should see the Golden Crown in your inventory.

You should also see a " lock" in place of the hint button in the lower left.This locks the hints and skips in the game.

The Hard Mode info is integrated into the strategy guide with the words "SPOILER ALERT FOR HARD MODE" on top and 'END OF SPOILER ALERT" at the end of that section so that people playing in Regular Mode do not receive spoilers.

Hope this helps, please let us know if anything else is unclear.

Thanks,

MargieB

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 4:33:24 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown.

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 4:22 AM
Thank you.

So I was having a DUH moment . How silly do I feel!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 24, 11 4:29 AM
peglegann wrote:Thank you.

So I was having a DUH moment . How silly do I feel!

Don't feel silly at all.It can be confusing.

((((((((Hugs))))))))

MargieB

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 24, 11 4:31 AM
MargieB -- you're awesome! May I spend a moment revering you from afar?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 24, 11 4:35 AM
dk5793 wrote:MargieB -- you're awesome! May I spend a moment revering you from afar?

Don't do that from afar or close, you might get disappointed LOL

MargieB

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 24, 11 10:29 AM
Thanks MargieB for the great info!

I'm just swimming by to sticky this thread so that it'll stay up top in the Forum and be easier for everyone to find.

Happy gaming everyone!

-bfgDonau

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Feb 24, 11 3:56 PM
How can I complete the game in any mode without the crown, it presumably opens the gate underneath.

I have been reading the strategy guide umpteen times and the first mention of the crown is when you are putting it on the frogs head, didn't tell you where to find it so I back tracked and looked in every nook and cranny and then came here.

Rhodap

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 24, 11 4:07 PM
RHODAP50 wrote:How can I complete the game in any mode without the crown, it presumably opens the gate underneath.

I have been reading the strategy guide umpteen times and the first mention of the crown is when you are putting it on the frogs head, didn't tell you where to find it so I back tracked and looked in every nook and cranny and then came here.

Rhodap

The crown is given to you once you complete the game, you don't need it for the first time through.

MargieB

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 25, 11 5:16 AM
MargieB wrote:The crown is given to you once you complete the game, you don't need it for the first time through.

Hi MargieB...

So, are you telling us that while playing the easy mode, we don´t have to worry about finding the crown? And does that mean that if I don´t want to play the hard mode, I will never discover what will happen after I give the crown to the frog nor will I be able to go to a different, until then, undiscovered area?

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 5:49:29 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 25, 11 8:00 AM
Valdy wrote:
MargieB wrote:The crown is given to you once you complete the game, you don't need it for the first time through.

Hi MargieB...

So, are you telling us that while playing the easy mode, we don´t have to worry about finding the crown? And does that mean that if I don´t want to play the hard mode, I will never discover what will happen after I give the crown to the frog nor will I be able to go to a different, until then, undiscovered area?

Hey Valdy,

That is correct, you do not need the crown when playing the original mode, it will be automatically given to you once you complete the game.

You have to play Hard Mode if you want to go into 2 undiscovered areas in the game.

Hope that helps.

MargieB

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 25, 11 8:09 AM
MargieB wrote:Hey Valdy,

That is correct, you do not need the crown when playing the original mode, it will be automatically given to you once you complete the game.

You have to play Hard Mode if you want to go into 2 undiscovered areas in the game.

Hope that helps.

MargieB

Oooh... that´s sneaky. LOL Thank you very much for answering my question.

But I am assuming this has nothing to do with the bonus game, which we can play right after the main game is completed? And I would then start the game again in hard mode after finishing the bonus game? Sorry for sounding so daft, but I just want to make sure that the hard mode is not actually the bonus game - seeing that there are other areas to discover.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 25, 11 8:30 AM
Hey Valdy,

The Bonus Round has nothing to do with Hard Mode. As soon as you finish the game you can start on the Bonus Game or play Hard Mode, whichever you choose.

Good luck!

MargieB

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 25, 11 8:32 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me, MargyB. It´s very much appreciated.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 25, 11 8:35 AM
Valdy wrote:Thanks for clearing that up for me, MargyB. It´s very much appreciated.

You're welcome, have a great weekend!

MargieB

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Feb 25, 11 1:22 PM
As far as I can see there is no mention of any "Spoiler Alert" when the SG talks about the crown. This is still very confusing to me because I still remain stuck in Chapt. 4. By the way, the SG is really written very well. I would rather have a walkthrough.

Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown.

[Post New]by wezleysmum on Feb 26, 11 7:18 AM
MargieB wrote: Good Morning Fishies,

I know there are a couple of threads regarding this topic but wanted to post a separate thread so the information remains on top. I will ask a mod to sticky this thread later.

Just want to clarify about Hard Mode and the Crown.

You start the game by playing in Regular Mode by default. Once you complete Regular Mode you will receive the Golden Crown at the end of the game.

You must go back to the Main Menu after you complete the game and click on "PLay". Make sure that you see the words "Hard Mode" (written in red I believe) above the word "Play"

You should see the Golden Crown in your inventory.

You should also see a " lock" in place of the hint button in the lower left.This locks the hints and skips in the game.

The Hard Mode info is integrated into the strategy guide with the words "SPOILER ALERT FOR HARD MODE" on top and 'END OF SPOILER ALERT" at the end of that section so that people playing in Regular Mode do not receive spoilers.

Hope this helps, please let us know if anything else is unclear.

Thanks,

MargieB

[Post New]by wezleysmum on Feb 26, 11 7:21 AM
When I purchased the game it started in Hard mode, how do I get to easy mode

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 26, 11 10:49 AM
Well that's good to know, only thing is I started the game over thinking hard to play hard mode
Now got to do everything all over again.

alkster
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by alkster on Feb 26, 11 2:59 PM
thanks for that margie.. i was stuck.. you're a legend..

[Post New]by Butterfly1117 on Feb 27, 11 6:49 AM
I did finish the regular mode but I still didn't get the crown and neither did the hard mode become activated. Is there something I'm missing?

Go to: