Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

No Tech Problems?

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 24, 11 4:26 AM
Seems that this game run on everybody's comp but mine... It opens on windowed mode, and enters a loop to try and change to full screen mode, until I exit with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Windows 7, Home Edition. 32 bits. Font changed to 150% (that causes the loop I think). Gee...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:No Tech Problems?

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 24, 11 4:46 AM
ohh so sorry rebecca, i hope tech gets it working

Pathmtl
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Pathmtl on Feb 24, 11 5:59 AM
Grrrr, MAC user & game downloads then shuts down before final installation.....Seems BF having problems with the MAC games lately very annoying
Path

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Game Manager installation problems AGAIN

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Feb 24, 11 6:41 AM
Three times is NOT a charm. I've downloaded this game and as it prepares to install, there is a problem with the game manager it states, and it shuts down the game manager

HELP ...... what's going on with all the MAC problems?
Mary

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 24, 11 7:02 AM
Pathmtl wrote:Grrrr, MAC user & game downloads then shuts down before final installation.....Seems BF having problems with the MAC games lately very annoying
Path

That happened here as well. Tried again with no success. First time GM has failed me completely or this dramatically!

Edit -- I just trashed the GM and its preference files and the install was successful -- go figure?

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 8:27:25 AM PST

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

SUCCESS

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Feb 24, 11 7:18 AM
Here's the scoop. I ran the Verify Disk Utility which took 14 minutes but things got squared away there. Then I ran the installation of the game manager another time, making it four times, and it took!
I no have an installed game that seems to be working just fine

Good luck!
Mary

ratchet51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ratchet51 on Feb 24, 11 9:49 AM
I ran into the same thing....I'm on a PC tho. When I could finally shut down the GM and pulled it back up, it said my trial was expired! I'm gonna try to reinstall and see what happens.

ratchet51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ratchet51 on Feb 24, 11 10:17 AM
OK, reinstalling did the trick. It says I can play now!. Oh and just because I only have like 10 postings, doesn't make me a newbie... I've been a member for years, and playing games since Zork! I always read the forums for help, and reviews, just don't write too much.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 24, 11 10:41 AM
Hi everyone!

We now have our official tech thread up, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up. If you're continuing to encounter any technical issues, our Help pages may come in handy, and I'd also recommend contacting our Customer Support team so they can help further.

Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Feel free to post any further technical issues in the Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only thread as well.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Go to: