bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 24, 11 9:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by morgandogs on Feb 24, 11 2:25 PM
Every time I try to install on my Mac, it crashes during install. I have tried reinstalling game, reinstalling Game Manager, Disk utility, etc. with the same result. All my software is up to date.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 24, 11 3:02 PM
I have had the same problem all day as well. I have a MAC

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Feb 24, 11 3:32 PM
i'm having the exact same problem! it will download but it doesn't install and then closes my game manager. all of my software is up to date as well. must be something wrong with the game.

[Post New]by pinzela on Feb 24, 11 3:45 PM
I'm having the same problem I hope there's a solution soon, cause this looks like a good game.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Feb 24, 11 4:53 PM
Another disappointed whiner here. Crashes Game Manager EVERY single time on my Mac Book Pro with Snow Leopard OS X. Maybe I'll try on my tower. ACK.

anyablue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by anyablue on Feb 24, 11 5:45 PM
Same problem here; with Mac Air

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 5:46:03 PM PST

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Feb 24, 11 6:07 PM
I get that the game is corrupted or has a virus. That a new version of the game needs to be installed. I've got a PC, so where's the new version for that?

What the hell??? I've been waiting for another Dark Parable game. Come on BFG give us a fix!

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 7:17:05 PM PST

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Feb 24, 11 6:21 PM
Well some must be able to run this game bur not me. It just wont start..screen jumps around having a fit. I have to restart my computer to delete the game. I did and reinstalled the game 3 times but the game just will not work. Oh I am running a dell so its not jusst MAC that is having a proplem.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 6:23:40 PM PST

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Feb 24, 11 7:27 PM
This game worked fine for me through most of it, then around Chapter 9 it started freezing periodically. Muddled through it without missing anything until I got to the cut scenes in Chapter 10, at which point the last three either were black without anything but the "skip" button or were frozen (cursor could still move). So, I'm pretty ticked that I just spent the money on a CE and the time playing it only to miss the last three pivotal scenes in the game. Fix it, please.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 24, 11 7:42 PM
I just wish a moderator would come in this forum and tell us if they are working on a fix.

[Post New]by earthdog_annie on Feb 24, 11 9:11 PM
I can't even download it. Says I have to update my membership. huh? I checked my membership is fine. I guess with all these problems i will be patient for a couple of days and see what happens.

crcamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crcamp on Feb 24, 11 9:29 PM
Same complaint....why isn't it full screen??? Cheapens the whole game. And I was the stupid one to just buy it without trying first. Have been able to count on the CEs being top notch lately. Now its like all the rest....top mediocre.

What's happening BF????

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 24, 11 9:35 PM
Too slow of a reaction when clicking on objects to pick up and interact with. Not sure it is technically a glitch or flaw, but irritating. I guess I just don't have a lot of patience.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Feb 24, 11 10:28 PM
I'm using WinXP or a fairly fast computer. The game installed and started up with no problem. When I got to the first mini-game, the hollow log, my computer froze just as I clicked on the item I earned. I exited using the lower left "Windows" key.
I re-booted the computer. Used CCleaner to get rid of the junk files and erroneous registry entries. The game has been running great since then. Maybe it doesn't unload un-used DLLs quickly enough to free up RAM..
Try using an apps called "Game Booster". I had to use it on some very large file games. It frees up memory and shuts down non-needed apps and services. I believe there is a similar program for Macs.
Other than that it is a neat game.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 24, 11 10:44 PM
Another Mac here who cannot install this game. It downloads, saves, but crashes the GM on installing. I've deleted the preference files as instructed by live chat, even deleted the faulty install folder and the game tab, emptied trash, set up the GM again and came back here to try installing again. It crashed again. I'm not going to try a third time.

It has nothing to do with it being a large file game. I have downloaded other large file games without any issues at all.

I'm on MBP, 10.6.6 Snow Leopard.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 10:46:25 PM PST

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 25, 11 9:02 AM
Is anyone from BFG going to give us any information why this does not work, I have tried everything LiveChat has told me and it still does not work.
Is there going to be a fix for this game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 25, 11 10:01 AM
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the Mac installation issue and are working on resolving it as soon as we can. We will post in the Game Forum as soon as an update is available. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 25, 11 10:23 AM
Thank you for the update. We appreciate it.

Nafretiti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Nafretiti on Feb 25, 11 10:44 AM
Two things up with me:

1: I can't play the bonus game, I have finished the game, click the tick at the end (when it scrolls through different scenes of the game) and nothing, it comes back telling me I have to finish the game even when I have let those pictures scroll for at least 5 minutes, no ending credits or anything, it just wont finish so I can get the bonus content.

2: My game doesn't let me choose between hard mode or normal mode, I can play the game fine, it asks me if I want a tutorial and that is it, no asking about hard mode or anything, it just gives me the normal one.

Go to: