bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATED! Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince CE now available! August 22, 2012

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 24, 11 9:14 AM
Hey Fishies!

The Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition is here! If you’d like to check it out, you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Tech Support through our help pages, or if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 10:33:13 AM PST

Re:NEW Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition now available! - Feb 2

[Post New]by bitemefelix on Feb 24, 11 1:35 PM
Is anyone else having difficulty downloading this game? Every time that i try it causes the game manager to shut down at the installation phase. I even purchased the game thinking that it was just the demo version with this glitch but even the full game crashes the game manager.
Please help somebody!!!

Re:NEW Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition now available! - Feb 2

[Post New]by Gardengal1940 on Feb 24, 11 2:09 PM
The same thing just happened to me. Not only did it crash the Game Manager but it locked my Mac up tight.
I would not advise trying to download this game on a Mac until the glitch is taken care of.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Feb 24, 11 4:09 PM
I had the same problem. I tried it twice and it crashed the game manager both times and the game never installed.

jang343
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jang343 on Feb 24, 11 6:52 PM
Not only did it totally refuse to install (3 times) it froze my Mac ,messed up the Game Manager so I'm having trouble with everything and lost my faith in Big Fish!
I've trashed and reinstalled the GM per instructions and now can't get my old games back.( i have approx. 120 of them !)
Whats' up with this ???

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 24, 11 10:40 PM
I too am having install issues with this game. I deleted the BFG preference files as instructed by live chat, even deleted the faulty download and game tab, emptied trash and tried again. Game will not install. Please fix this soon. It seems like forever since we've had a decent game. We finally get one and can't install it.

I'm running 10.6.6 Snow Leopard.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:NEW Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition now available! - Feb

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Feb 25, 11 5:11 AM
We aren't allowed to quote anymore, but if you go to http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/80/142920.page and click on the 15th post (thanks AmandaGator) you can get instructions on how to fix it.

edited to add:

I did it even before trying to download the game, so maybe I wouldn't have had the problem in the first place. I'm running 10.6.6.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 5:24:55 AM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:NEW Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition now available! - Fe

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 25, 11 5:52 AM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:We aren't allowed to quote anymore, but if you go to http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/80/142920.page and click on the 15th post (thanks AmandaGator) you can get instructions on how to fix it.

edited to add:

I did it even before trying to download the game, so maybe I wouldn't have had the problem in the first place. I'm running 10.6.6.

As I said above, I followed those instructions, even took the extra steps that Shorenuf said, and I still could not get the game to download.

Edit: I poked around some more this morning and found two folders for the failed download, one in my games folder, which is where games were previously installed, and the other in my applications folder, which is where I set up the GM to install games when I set it up again. So, I'm going to give this one last attempt tonight after work, now that I have everything from yesterday's failed installs removed from the computer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit 2: Well, I officially give up. I'm going to have to wait for the fix.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 8:18:23 PM PST

[Post New]by Gardengal1940 on Feb 25, 11 8:26 PM
I heard from BF - they told me how to change two files so I could successfully download the game.
I believe that I will wait until I learn at this site, that the game will load without having to manipulate files I know nothing about.
I can't imagine the dread that jang343 is going through. I know I don't want to go there.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 26, 11 2:28 AM
For a top seller like this - it is appalling. I have tried three times to download and it shuts the game manager everytime it starts to install. Not good.

For the price, you would think this would have been dealt with before release.

Not a happy gamer this morning.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:NEW Mac version of Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition now available! - Feb

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 26, 11 5:19 AM
vingilot wrote:I too am having install issues with this game. I deleted the BFG preference files as instructed by live chat, even deleted the faulty download and game tab, emptied trash and tried again. Game will not install. Please fix this soon. It seems like forever since we've had a decent game. We finally get one and can't install it.

I'm running 10.6.6 Snow Leopard.

I'm running on this system too. Reading some of the technical issues on the leader page, it would seem that this is a problem with the actual game manager. BFG have been making some suggestions but to be honest, if you are going to pay out money - you expect it to work. Giving them til next week then withdrawing my subscription as they seem very very slow to correct this.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 26, 11 9:39 AM
I'm not going to cancel my membership over one game. I can be patient and wait for a fix. If it really is just BFG's side, I'm sure they'll have it fixed quickly.

pp44
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by pp44 on Feb 26, 11 11:14 AM
I had the same problem with downloading this game and the 4th time was the charm. From my experience with this particular download, the only thing that should be running on the mac is the Game Manager. The previous times I had Safari, Kindle, iTunes and the first time I tried I was playing Mystery Valley.

So I hope this helps.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 11:15:48 AM PST

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 27, 11 1:36 AM
pp44 wrote:I had the same problem with downloading this game and the 4th time was the charm. From my experience with this particular download, the only thing that should be running on the mac is the Game Manager. The previous times I had Safari, Kindle, iTunes and the first time I tried I was playing Mystery Valley.

So I hope this helps.

I tried again last night. A one week old macbook, no other system running......but alas, no joy. Shut down again.
Thanks for the glimmer of hope though

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 27, 11 9:45 PM
I'm playing on a 3 year old Macbook, 10.5.8 and had no trouble downloading or playing the game. Sorry everybody else is having such difficulty.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 28, 11 9:30 AM
WilJul wrote:I'm playing on a 3 year old Macbook, 10.5.8 and had no trouble downloading or playing the game. Sorry everybody else is having such difficulty.

Sounds like it might just be a conflict......damn.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 28, 11 7:27 PM
sheepgirl wrote:
WilJul wrote:I'm playing on a 3 year old Macbook, 10.5.8 and had no trouble downloading or playing the game. Sorry everybody else is having such difficulty.

Sounds like it might just be a conflict......damn.

Sounds like maybe it might be a Snow Leopard issue. Is everybody else on here running Snow Leopard? Never thought I'd be thankful I have an older version!

[Post New]by Nickirip on Feb 28, 11 9:06 PM
Yes, I have Snow Leopard and cannot make the thing work.

[Post New]by Nickirip on Feb 28, 11 9:07 PM
I also couldn't make Mortlake Manor work either. Don't know the issue, but I do have Snow Leopard.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 28, 11 9:23 PM
Snow Leopard recently updated to 10.6.6 - I think that may have something to do with it. I've noticed a few extra (minor) glitches with my games since the update. Yet there are others with 10.6.6 who have been able to install and run the game.

Go to: