bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any The Dragon Dance technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 24, 11 2:31 PM
An updated version of The Dragon Dance is available now. More info can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for The Dragon Dance! February 24, 2011

If you are having problems getting the updated version of The Dragon Dance to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post any The Dragon Dance technical issues here only

[Post New]by Safarri on Dec 29, 11 8:05 AM
Don't know if these are tech issues but they are certainly nuisances that effect game play. The mag glass got stuck open and I couldn't move on without closing the game. I found the volume but couldn't do anything with it. Hint button does not have hints.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 29, 11 8:52 AM
I just installed and played. Despite a few minor glitchess, I got all the way until the fire ants and the game completely crashed on me. When I restarted the game, I found that everything was deleted and I was aked to add a new profile name. I doubt I will start over; will have to ask for a refund. Game does not work despite my efforts of reinstalling. Too bad, I was enjoying the adventure aspect of the game and I rarely have technicle issues. Merry Christmas to all and Have a great New Year.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Dec 30, 11 10:47 AM
Cursor in Ant Pillar Scene

OK, I realize not everyone is going to want to go through this process in order to finish a game which has other annoyances, but it is possible to get through this scene even if you have apparently lost control of the cursor.

If you watch what is happening, you will see that the mouse is in fact moving the cursor, it's just moving it a lot later, and in what seems like an unrelated way because by the time it takes effect, you have already moved the mouse elsewhere. If however you wait long enough for everything to stop, and then move the mouse just a little way toward wherever it is you want the cursor to be, and wait a little, it will probably be pretty close. Then you need to make tiny movements and wait until it is where you want it. Then click. The click works.

Then you start over to get to the next object or location The first place you need to be is on the right lower half of the screen, almost to the edge. That's the scene where you will get the torch. When you come back, don't try to go down, go left instead, about the same height you came in on. Back with the ants the cursor will appear lost again, but if you have the patience to bring the torch onto the screen, open inventory, light the lighter, then bring the lighter to the torch and light it, you have your cursor back to burn the ants. You don't even have to click them, just move the torch over them. Then you can get to the picture on the pillar, and you are home free (with the cursor anyway).

I will not guarantee that the game will not freeze later forcing you to reboot it or even reboot the computer, or that what you need to do will become any more intuitive (it won't), but you can finish.

dragon puzzle the blocks dont move

[Post New]by Raaycole on Jan 4, 12 4:09 AM
bfgDonau wrote:An updated version of The Dragon Dance is available now. More info can be found here:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/145567.page#2823571">UPDATE! New version available for The Dragon Dance! February 24, 2011</a>

If you are having problems getting the updated version of The Dragon Dance to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jan 5, 12 11:56 AM
Raaycole, are you a moderator? I believe the question that was being "solved" was a tech issue - definitely not game play as you called it. I am jumping all over the place trying to figure out the problem I am experiencing before contacting CS. And I don't care if I find it in the tech thread or another thread. But I can't even find it. So please no hand slapping (especially if the mods don't find it a policy violation,) we aren't 5 year olds.

[Post New]by Audrey7512 on Feb 5, 12 6:14 PM
in The Dragon dance game I can"t find the last stepping stone(13)

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 19, 12 4:22 AM
I got to the cave by the Shiva, collected the 12 pieces needed for the opening lever but when I went to put it on the valve, it wasn't in my inventory. As expected, reinstalling did not fix the problem. I wouldn't mind replaying the game if I knew what I did to cause the problem so I could prevent it but replaying with the possibility of it happening again is not an option.

One more game that is missing an inventory item preventing the continuation of the game. I did play it on my Win7 laptop which is not supported but I doubt that the OS would cause this type of problem.

Any suggestions?

ETA: I replayed as a different player and think what I did wrong the first time was select the 12th rod and then immediately went to attach it instead of waiting until the handle was assembled. Second time I waited and it worked fine.

Edited on 07/26/2012 at 9:38:02 AM PST

Go to: