The Hardy Boys:The Hidden Theft

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Dec 9, 08 11:20 PM
I know this game is'nt on these forums but i tried signing up for their forums over 2 mos. ago and still have'nt got my letter back about what to do to become a member and be able to post there,

So does anybody here know anything about this game,I can't get through the first chapter, getting the keys to the motorbikes I keep getting caught,This is really frustrating me I've tried well over 100 times.....aaaaarrrrgggg

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:The Hardy Boys:The Hidden Theft

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 10, 08 6:33 AM
I have not played this yet- is it good? Did you try the forums at dreamcatchergames?

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 10, 08 6:57 AM
I have played the game and that part at the first is the real frustrating part. The rest is fairly easy. Google Gameboomers, you can get a review and a walkthrough there. I don't remember exactly how to complete that part now, other than one of the boys stays at the top of the stairs and the other gets the keys. It has to be done in a certain order or a certain way. I will find it and PM you.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 10, 08 6:59 AM
MaG's walkthrough on Gameboomers....

Take the motorcycle keys: Bring Frank to the top of the stairs or end of hallway.

Get Joe to the front door and then ring the doorbell.

Laura answers the door.

Get Frank to go down the stairs and immediately click on the motorcycle keys in the bowl on the table.

As soon as he picks the key up, immediately click on the stairs to be upstairs. Finesse the timing of the click of the keys, the actual action and the click on the stairs. There are several chances to do this step.

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Dec 15, 08 6:29 PM
yeah yeah i know all that, and i got the walkthrough, what i need to know is where on the steps to click and when, every time i've tried i get caught and have to start all over again...this is stupid.. i'm about to throw this game in the garbage bin...

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 18, 10 3:52 AM
GarthV8der wrote:yeah yeah i know all that, and i got the walkthrough, what i need to know is where on the steps to click and when, every time i've tried i get caught and have to start all over again...this is stupid.. i'm about to throw this game in the garbage bin...

Start by putting Frank at the top of the stairs (one screen past their bedroom hallway), then switch to Joe. Get Joe on the front porch and have him push the doorbell - he will automatically ring the bell and run away. Switch to Frank, and immediately click on the bottom right of the screen, where the curser changes to footprints. He will go downstairs. Immediately click on the bowl with the keys, and he will grab them. Then immediately click about halfway up the stairs, where the curser changes to footprints.

The key is to watch where the curser changes, and click there. Randomly clicking on the stairs or the bowl will lose you precious time - if you have trouble, play the sequence through without worrying about getting through it - just have four bits of sticky notes ready, numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4. Put the #1 in the top right corner of the screen to remind you to switch quickly to Frank, and when you switch to Frank put the bits of sticky notes on your monitor in order to show you where to click for going down the stairs, grabbing the keys, then going back up the stairs.

Julie S

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 3:54:02 AM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 18, 10 8:37 AM
I can't believe people pay that much for a game without even trying it. I would never do that. If I can't try it, I don't buy it.

Even after trying and buying I sometimes find I don't like a game... but to buy it blindfolded.... never.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 18, 10 10:56 AM
Hey Fishies,

Since we now have a full game forum for The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, I've gone ahead and moved this thread over.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the full game forum by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by simonthedog on Mar 21, 10 8:53 AM
This game is awful.. I thought it would be like the large file Nancy Drew. Very disappointed, and surprised Big Fish sells this. It is so not worth the cost.

Go to: