peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 26, 11 12:35 AM
It has been 2 years almost to the day since the 1st. one came out! I have tried this one for a short time the grapics are clear and the H0 scenes seem to be reasonably easy. Depending on the length it looks like a buy. First though, I think I will replay the other one. Looking forward to the reviews.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 9:07:46 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 26, 11 1:13 AM
Bought the first one ages ago ! Never thought a sequel would appear, it's been such a long time. A lot of H0 scenes in the first one, a few puzzles, objects sometimes not too easy to find, very good graphics. As far as I can remember you can play a timed version, Downloading.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 26, 11 1:32 AM
Loved the first one! And this is a great sequel to a wounderful game. Just like the first one, once you start playing it's very difficult to stop. I highly recommend this game.

I rate this: PIGLET
PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

March 10, 2011
I just finished this game and I have to say, it was even better than the first game! I have to change my rating. Be sure to give it a try and don't give up, it get's better and better and the ending is amazing! If you get stuck, just take a peak at the walkthrough to get you through. But be sure to get this game and stay with it. I LOVED IT!

I rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

I

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 7:35:09 PM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 26, 11 1:47 AM
Im buying too. I wont be hitting that hint button so much. Thats alright., the game will last that much longer. The Daily Deal looks good too. Another 2 game day.
mmmmmmmmmmmmy I dont know, we will see.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 26, 11 2:38 AM
They've changed the look of the guy, the first one looked very fiercy, I didn't like him but this one is even worst, with his benevolent/stupid look. Otherwise, if you like straight H0Gs with some mini games : this is your game. I quite enjoyed the first one so this one will be a buy when I get my PC credits.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Feb 26, 11 3:19 AM
I had to look and see if I bought the first one, I did. I have trouble sometimes keeping up with what I have bought or jogging my memory on a storyline. Often I will look to see if it is a sequel, to see if I bought the first one as that tells me I enjoyed it.

I am happy to say after 15 minutes in on this one I knew it was a buy for me. After so many "misses" this week, I was very happy.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 3:20:37 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 26, 11 3:30 AM
LOL Poutoule, I must say I agree with you about Robert's looks . I was expecting to see an odd gray hair as it has been 2 years but not such a big change.

The second thing I didn't like was the intro music and I have to admit that I muted my sound before the game even started ... had a quick try during the actual game but switched off again .

It took me forever to complete the 1st game because it hurt my eyes to play it for long due to the smallness of the objects but I did get there in the end. I am really pleased to see that the objects in the hidden objects scenes are much easier to see this time ... thank you devs your efforts have been rewarded and I have bought the game .

Cherb

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 26, 11 3:42 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Loved the first one! And this is a great sequel to a wounderful game. Just like the first one, once you start playing it's very difficult to stop. I highly recommend this game.

PIGLET:

‘ ‘
(o)

Maybe it's me..but what does "PIGLET" have to do with a rating??
Does each letter stand for something? And if so, could you tell me what it is.
Thanks

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 26, 11 3:54 AM
This game will be a "Buy" for me, but I'm going to wait until Tuesday. Yesterday's TGT filled my latest punch card, and I still haven't finished playing Dark Parables through on Hard mode so I won't be getting too antsy waiting. This is the first month ever that I've had credits left over at the end of a month, so I'll be able to get this with a punch credit right away on March 1st.

I enjoyed the first game in the Serpent of Isis series, so this will also give me time to replay it before I play the sequel.

Thank you BFG! After a month filled with Time Management games, I'm so happy to see two great HOGs back to back.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 11 4:21 AM
since the games are called HOGS misslisa came up with a very cute rating system

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Feb 26, 11 4:27 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Wow, two great iHogs in one week - excellent. This is a continuing story of the search for the Serpent of Isis by Robert via instructions from his grandfather. In the sample, the story is interesting and makes sense even though there are constant pop-ups of dialogue by the main character but you can click through them (and have to get rid of them to continue with whatever you are trying to do), with the character popping up when there is dialogue. The main menu has a “How to Play” which I found nice so you don’t have constant pop-ups telling you what everything is and what to do with it, although you can opt to use a tutorial if you want to.

Options include the standards as well as “Show Help” and “System Cursor”. The graphics are excellent in almost all the scenes, although some of the background areas are a bit fuzzy. The music was a bit overpowering so I turned it down a bit, but it was fitting to the game. There is a choice between casual and advanced modes, the difference being what is becoming a standard, casual having more twinkles and less recharge time for hints and skips. The intro and character is in cartoon fashion but it is well-done. It has a time-keeper which indicates how long you have played, although there are time penalties during the game for skipping puzzles, etc.

There is a map which is very helpful. You can click on locations from the map, and it indicates locations where there is something you need to do. It also contains each chapter. There is also a task window which shows you what you need to do. I had just entered Chapter 2 when the sample ended. I checked for a walkthrough but couldn’t find it. I didn’t wear out my sneakers, but if the game is long, I might need just one more pair.

The hidden object scenes are clear and well-defined, and I am rating them a 3 to 7 on my scale because some scenes are quite easy and some scenes are a bit more difficult, although I didn’t find anything so small I couldn’t see it. It starts you out with one hint - but don’t panic - because you can pick up “special items” which give you extra hints - to a maximum of 5 I think - and when you run out, it recharges at one minute. There is a multiple click penalty where the cursor turns into a swirl for about 2 seconds and the screen darkens a bit. There are a few tricky things to the scenes which require you to perform some traveling and interactive tasks to complete the scenes - I almost got stuck figuring that one out. Lol

The mini-puzzles are a mix of tricky and easy. And sometimes you have to find pieces first to solve the puzzle. The skip appears after about a minute and if you choose to skip it, it will add time (I think it was 20 minutes) to your overall time for the game.. The cursor itself doesn’t swirl.

It is a good game, well, a great game in my book, especially if you like hogs. It has lots of hog scenes. I played the first game in the series, and liked it, but can’t remember it all that well, so whether this one exceeds that one in the way of graphics, game play,and interaction, I don’t know. I will leave it to somebody else to comment on that aspect of it. IHog lovers need to play the sample and then buy it if you like all the aspects of this quite well-done game.

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Feb 26, 11 4:29 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Loved the first one! And this is a great sequel to a wounderful game. Just like the first one, once you start playing it's very difficult to stop. I highly recommend this game.

PIGLET:

‘ ‘
(o)

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a PIGLET??? I have never heard this term before.

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Feb 26, 11 4:29 AM
Goofyduck thanks once again for your great review and comments - if its good for you its a buy for me!
purplehatlady

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 11 4:43 AM
emilialucinda wrote:

PIGLET:

‘ ‘
(o)

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a PIGLET??? I have never heard this term before.

since the games are called HOGS lovetomisslisa came up with a very cute rating system

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 26, 11 4:56 AM
I don't think I'm liking this one. I did buy the first one, but it was in 2009 so I don't remember it either.. I really cant say why I don't like it but one of my complaints is, in one of the hidden object areas it asked for 5 notes. Well there were more than 5 in the scene and I just happened to find one they did not have as one of theirs. I really DO NOT like when they put more than what they ask for in a hidden object area.
Also, some of the things had to be clicked on in just the right spot or they would not work for me. I wanted to like this game, but NO. Maybe I'll put it in my file for "waiting for $2.99 games"

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 11 5:58 AM
besides items mislabled in hog scenes, i really dont like it when there are no instructions on mini games, for 6 bucks i will muddle thru, if this would of been a ce i would be asking for a refund

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Feb 26, 11 6:01 AM
I enjoyed the first game and have replayed it several times, so I was hoping I would like this one too. Right away I found myself being annoyed at how often Robert pops up with dialogue and you have to click to get rid of him (and he's really strange looking ). I will play for awhile longer to see if I can get used to the constant interruptions, but I'm not sure if I can - I find it really breaks up the flow of the game. Too bad, because otherwise it looks like a good game

IBGLENDA
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by IBGLENDA on Feb 26, 11 6:07 AM
Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.....I just posted last week that I had been waiting for the sequel to this for 2 years....Off to download.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 26, 11 6:07 AM
Goofyduck - as ever a very good review, thank you.

Have to agree this is an enjoyable game & a definite buy for me. I like the graphics, there is some interaction in that you have to find objects in scenes for use in other places, the hidden object scenes are not fiendishly difficult & the puzzles range from easy to relatively hard.

Not keen on the hints; it is ok in the H0G scene as it will point out the object but if you are in a general scene it doesn't give any clues. For instance; I was stuck at the desk in chapter 2, I knew I needed something to prop it up with but when I clicked on hint all it did was highlight the desk - well I knew that I needed to open it but wanted an idea of how.
Luckily a kind fishie came to my rescue (thanks govegril)

I really do not like is the music but as I can turn it down & play my own that is no hardship.

This post looks a little negative but is not meant to be as I am enjoying this game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 26, 11 7:58 AM
Hi Emilialucinda,

In answer to your question, a piglet is a baby pig.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 8:01:15 AM PST

Go to: