cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 26 Feb 2011 Comments and reviews

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 26, 11 1:08 AM
Any comments or reviews fishes? I remeber this game as very enjoyable and with no problems when I brought it.

henfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Todays DD 26 Feb 2011 Comments and reviews

[Post New]by henfish on Feb 26, 11 3:03 AM
bought it like the way you find items and put them into play No tech problems

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Feb 26, 11 5:33 AM
No buy for me. Was an ok game. I liked I could change my cursor and random click around the scene.

I would start each scene off by just clicking on any items that looked out of place and then when I heard an item complete then see where it might go. A lot of objects were hard to find once the obvious ones were gone, but I like that it gives a challenge to finding something. At least once I still had an item leftover when I got the chapter done. At the end of chapter 9, they told me one room was complete, when I still had a fragment to find. Of course I needed that item to finish the chapter in the other room. Worst part was, the menu button wouldn't work and no easy way to exit the game - good thing my hour ended when I was checking here that other people had that same problem.

Was a little on the boring side, but if I didn't run into my last problem, might have considered it for the DD. Maybe will get another time if this is fixed and at discounted price.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 26, 11 6:08 AM
This is a nice game. Easy and relaxing. The graphics aren't too bad. I bought it. It's worth $2.99. I like the FROGs. I don't mind going to different rooms to find items I need.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 26, 11 6:13 AM
Options??

Tried several times to lower music volume and increase sound
volume, clicked Ok, then it just went back to loud music, soft
voices. If I can't hear the story, not going to enjoy the game.

Since I'm not a big fan of FROGS anyway, probably no great
loss for me, but I have bought a few FROGS for story value.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 26, 11 6:42 AM
I had the same problem as Joyce. The music volume option refused to stay lowered. Not even going to try playing the game.

Thought it was strange that when I turned full screen off I got an 800x600 window when the option warned that I had to have at least 1024x768 (or something like that) in order to use windowed mode.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 26, 11 7:00 AM
I like this 20 chapter IFR0G very much.
I have no regrets that I paid full price for it last year,and consider it a 'steal' for $2.99. You all should at least demo it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 26, 11 7:07 AM
I had no demo time left - when I'd demo-ed it before, I'd put the shortcut to it in my "may buy if daily deal" folder. So I went ahead and bought it, and played it thru to the end just now. Three or four hours of play, for me, I think. No tech issues at all.

The gameplay is iFROG - not my favorite. And the mini-games didn't really do much for me either. I did ok with the hint system, and the mini-games are skippable.

To me, the best feature was the sound environment. Music and ambient both. Not something I consciously noticed much, but I think it really adds to my patience and satisfaction with a game.

I did like the graphics okay.

The story is why I played it clear thru in one sitting. The story doesn't change a whole lot from what you get of it in the demo hour - it's more of an ordinary story than some big mystery to solve - so it's just a matter of taste that I was intrigued by it.

I would not have paid full price for this game. As a daily deal, I'd call it a take-it-or leave it one, unless you particularly like FROG's.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 7:12:02 AM PST

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 26, 11 7:52 AM
Don't mind FROGS in the least. I actually do not have as many games that are strictly FROGS as I thought. This is not an overly exciting game, yet it got me hooked. Despite how simple or hard a game may be, sometimes I base my feelings on how I feel about the game when the time runs out. If it leaves me wanting more, or just disappointed that the time has run out, I usually will buy it regardless of negative forum comments. So I bought this one, with no regrets.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Feb 26, 11 9:17 AM
I remember playing some of the trial on this game and passing at full price. When I downloaded it again today it showed I still have the full 60 minutes but I remember that first scene clearly.

The graphics are not high end and it's not the best constructed FROG I've played as far as the placement of the fragments. The mini-games tend to be a little clunky but there is a skip option.

Now onto the positives: it's atmospheric with a Southern Gothic storyline and that drew me in. I found like others that I couldn't control the music and ambient sounds volume from the options menu, so I just lowed the volume on my laptop. It seems a minor glitch and the sound effects and music are worth keeping on in this game. They really add to the mood.

So far I find the progress and navigation between rooms and scenes smooth (and somewhat easy), but I like (I)nteractive games, usually with more emphasis on the 'interactive' than this one. I think this game would be considered a lite-FROG in this aspect.

I'm buying it this time around. I've been picky and not buying much the last couple of months; but this one is worth it as a DD for me. It's good for when you're in the mood for something not challenging but mildly diverting.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 9:31:28 AM PST

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Feb 26, 11 12:47 PM
I really wanted to buy this but looking at all the comments in the Reviews section before it became a DD, there still appears to be a problem with it freezing etc. I had played the trial through to 10 mins left and I just played for 10 mins and it worked okay, but I don't want to buy it, even at DD price, if it's going to freeze up!

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Feb 26, 11 1:04 PM
Afraid it's a "no buy" for me even at the DD price. I don't mind FROGS, but could do with an occasional HOG thrown in. As I began a new chapter, I immediately would click on everything that looked out of place, and once the obvious was gone, would glance down at what was needed to finish up. Sometimes it would require going to another room and finish that to get the last piece you needed from the previous room.
All in all found it a little too easy & repetitive, and did have just a little problem with some of the objects being off the screen and having to use a hint to see how far out I had to click. I have a wide screen monitor......don't know if others ran into this or not, BUT having said that, for me--no--for those of you who like it--grab it at the DD price.

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Feb 26, 11 3:08 PM
I bought the game could not lower music or sound but for $2.99 my thought was it's a fun game so why not .

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Feb 26, 11 6:13 PM
It's a fun game with some challenge but not so much to be frustrating. I liked the story line. I'm guessing from what i've seen in the demo that the baby is affianced to her father. That intrigues me. I'm not a big fan of "frogs" either, but this is okay. It's a buy for me.

Having reached the end of this game (after buying) I revise my opinion. This is a piece of trash and i'm sorry i bought it even for 2.99.

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 12:03:23 PM PST

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Mar 9, 11 4:51 AM
Was nobody else bothered by having to place stuff on pentagrams for "rituals"? Seriously, I would not have bought the game - albeit at 2.99 - if I had known. Made me uncomfortable enough to uninstall without finishing. I know, it's just a game and all that, but maybe it's all the worse for seeming innocuous in play.

BFG, you need to put a warning on games with this kind of content. Y'all can call me touchy if that's your view, but truly I found it disturbing and offensive.

Go to: