Edited on 02/27/2011 at 5:50:33 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 26, 11 9:09 AM
Thanks for starting this up birdie5.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Feb 26, 11 10:09 AM
Tried the download again and this time it installed without issue!

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Feb 26, 11 10:12 AM
Mac version (running on OS 10.4.11).

Some of the mini games don't seem to function properly.

For instance, at the grandfather's estate, I was able to piece together the picture, but unable to view it after it went into the briefcase to use as a guide for which books to choose.

The same with the necklace, etc.

The only option seemed to be to "skip puzzle".

Otherwise, it seems to play okay.

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Feb 26, 11 10:33 AM
The game stops at the end of chapter 3, it just crashes and by the forums I'm not the only one having this problem. Our computer is about a month old. Game played fine til this point.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Feb 26, 11 10:39 AM
I played the prologue, then the preview game stops at Chapter ! and I can't go further. Is that the end of the preview?

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Feb 26, 11 10:43 AM
@ykempy
Do you remember what you did exactly at the attic and when the game crash? Did you save and reload the game while on the attic scene or in the painting scene?

[Post New]by daniel94556 on Feb 26, 11 11:45 AM
Similar issue here with the safe combo at grandfather's estate. I need to tie the text in the picture frame, but I can't view it and the alphabet code at the same time. What's up?

Some of the mini games don't seem to function properly.

For instance, at the grandfather's estate, I was able to piece together the picture, but unable to view it after it went into the briefcase to use as a guide for which books to choose.

The same with the necklace, etc.

The only option seemed to be to "skip puzzle".

Otherwise, it seems to play okay.

grommet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by grommet on Feb 26, 11 11:57 AM
I wa not able to use the picture to locatte te proper books in the book case, yet once I entered the area with the box covered with spiders i could oppen it. I couldn't use the grandmothers necklace to do the puzzle in the book shelf as it disapeared from my inventory. Once I got to the area with the box covered with spiders and the slot in the stone table, the game no longer worked. I couldn't use a hint, couldn't get out of the area, couldn't locate any items. It just came to a dead standstill. I unistalled the game and reinstalled it. The same problem still exists.

[Post New]by buick4 on Feb 26, 11 12:09 PM
my computer is also new and up to date, so the crashing issue at the end of chapter 3 is on you

suebrit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suebrit on Feb 26, 11 12:42 PM
I'm having the same issue with game crashing at the end of Chapter 3. Is there a fix yet? Have played straight through with nary a problem to this point. Very frustrating!

c8h10n4o2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by c8h10n4o2 on Feb 26, 11 12:59 PM
Game crash at the end of 3 here. Already reported to Help.

As for the puzzles (necklace & picture frame), if you write down on paper what the item has on it while zoomed in, you can do the puzzle without skipping, or you can go back and forth (zoom, get one, zoom out put in one answer, zoom, get next, etc.).

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 26, 11 1:08 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you experiencing a crash at Chapter 3, it would be very helpful if you could please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that we can collect more information on the issue. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Feb 26, 11 2:16 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

For those of you experiencing a crash at Chapter 3, it would be very helpful if you could please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link) so that we can collect more information on the issue. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Hi, bfgArnoSytx,

How 'bout the rest of us with technical issues? I reported problems with some of the mini games and it looks like daniel94556 is having the same sorts of problems.

Any suggestions for us?
Thanks.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 26, 11 2:28 PM
Had no problems with the demo. However, when I downloaded the game when I purchased it, it keeps freezing after I past the introduction. Will not get me into the game itself. Anyone else having this problem?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 26, 11 2:59 PM
Hey cestqui,

I would definitely recommend also getting in touch with Tech Support so that they are aware of the mini-games that aren't functioning quite right. Please also let them know that you were able to successfully finish the game after skipping them, just so that they can note that. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Feb 26, 11 3:11 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey cestqui,

I would definitely recommend also getting in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> so that they are aware of the mini-games that aren't functioning quite right. Please also let them know that you were able to successfully finish the game after skipping them, just so that they can note that. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

FYI - haven't completed the game, have only downloaded the demo but am concerned about purchasing, because of these problems, as well as after reading that a number of people weren't able to get past chapter 3...

Will do as you suggest & notify tech support.

Thanks.

tinygranny
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tinygranny on Feb 26, 11 5:04 PM
Posting this here in case others are having the same problem. I have already contacted Tech Support.

I got to Chapter 6 and was playing the **** game when I had to back out and get out of the game temporarily. As the game is saved automatically, I was confident it would put me right back where I left off when I got back in, and it did. However, when I clicked back on the sparkles to finish the **** on the map of Venice, It said I "didn't need it at the moment." I can't go any further without it. I uninstalled, then tried to reinstall from my purchase history, but it wouldn't let me. It did however, let me reinstall from the Home Page. I got back into the game and it had saved it at the same spot I had left off, but I'm still getting the same message. Still can't go any further.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Feb 26, 11 5:35 PM
I have had to contact Customer support, my game shuts down at the grandfathers house when you have to take a key from a hole in the wall behind the picture. Great game, hope the problems will be sorted out soon. Poor old customer support must be groaning over all of the problems. I might just have to go back and play with the frog prince.

[Post New]by MysticPuzzler on Feb 26, 11 7:14 PM
I too am very frustrated that at the very end of Chapter 3 I am booted out. I have unstalled and reinstalled but that didn't solve the problem. I have never had a problem with any game on BF before this.

Please advise us all ASAP what the solution is to this problem so we canplay the game that we have purchased in good faith.

Go to: