Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by csheeks on Feb 16, 09 5:04 PM
I am new here but I absolutely loved the way it was this time!! I have loved all of them though, I can't wait for more to come out!!!

[Post New]by vestablue on Feb 16, 09 6:17 PM
Not only am I hooked on this game but so are my grandchildren. I had downloaded the trial version and had not played it yet. The grandkids came over and started playing the game and we sat for five hours this past weekend playing. Not only is the game entertaining it was, a learning experience for the kids. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more games like this one.

[Post New]by sheep_chicka on Feb 16, 09 7:19 PM
I really want this game and have every intention of buying it... Once it comes out for Mac!

[Post New]by thunderslick on Feb 16, 09 10:13 PM
the games is great except now im stuck and can't move on the furnace i don't know what to do and the door on the side of the school need help

[Post New]by mands67 on Feb 16, 09 10:40 PM
Awesome game.... would love to play more games like that. Can you suggest any that are similar.

[Post New]by cathr123 on Feb 17, 09 1:10 AM
This was the best game I have played, I was so disappointed when I had finished it. Makes all the other games seem boring!

tomsk
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by tomsk on Feb 17, 09 1:49 AM
Hi, this is the crackpot who keeps begging and demanding (gently of course) for the Return to Ravenhearst to be released to the Mac people. I am a very loyal BF gamer and totally love the MCF series. You would have a lot of Mac folks buying this game if you released it for us. When it first came out, it was posted on the board that it would be ported for Mac, and we could have it. It has been months later and nothing. Please let us enjoy the next game in this series. You would have many happy gamers... I will remain loyal to Big Fish Games, but it is disappointing that you stated it would be available for Mac, and it's not.

We haven't forgotten you, please don't forget us. This is a great game in a great series.... let us enjoy it too!!!

And YAY I am a jellyfish now! I love jellyfish.

Edited on 02/17/2009 at 1:50:43 AM PST

[Post New]by mauriandlaw on Feb 17, 09 5:06 AM
What incredible game !!!!
The serie is geting better and better.

Puzzles are always logical.........and make you think.

I really really really hope a new one will be released soon.
I just loved this one.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 17, 09 5:13 AM
thunderslick wrote:the games is great except now im stuck and can't move on the furnace i don't know what to do and the door on the side of the school need help
Hi thunderslick, If you look at the topic Schoolhouse you will find the answer to the cellar door puzzle. Here is the link to that topic.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/80/12812.page

Good luck!

[Post New]by Frog_Lady on Feb 17, 09 9:37 AM
Hi Every Buddy!

I just joined Big Fish and Return To Ravenhearst is the first game that I bought. I can only say that..........

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!

Gettting stuck and trying to figure out what to do next was a big part of the fun for me. Can anyone recommend similiar Big Fish games that are as enjoyable as this one? Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by janspace on Feb 17, 09 11:42 AM
i've played most of the mystery case files games but this one i think is the best one yet. for me, it was hard to figure out the puzzles, but when i played it for the second time, it was much easier. this game makes you think and i have to say that this is my most favorite one yet thanks for creating this game

jrbrett1
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by jrbrett1 on Feb 17, 09 3:56 PM
As much as I liked this game at the start I'm becoming very frustrated with it.The middle door puzzle did not work properly though I did everything by t"book"(walkthrough)all sums were correct etc.Now I've just finnished w/marble (had to skip)I tried a few ways,they were wrong for obvious reasons.I did it right or assumed I did IE:The marble was stoped on the sq.to the right of hole & when I tilted it to the left,the marble whent over the hole to the sq. behind it I tilted it to the right and the marble went off the board.I did it about 5-6 times this way and it just kept rolling over the hole to sq. behind so I had to skip.It's not fun when you're forced to skip!

[Post New]by creamtorte on Feb 17, 09 5:06 PM
I enjoyed this game my mother of 73 also played the game and loved it also. I cant wait for another like this one it was so changling

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 17, 09 5:23 PM
jrbrett1 wrote:As much as I liked this game at the start I'm becoming very frustrated with it.The middle door puzzle did not work properly though I did everything by t"book"(walkthrough)all sums were correct etc.Now I've just finnished w/marble (had to skip)I tried a few ways,they were wrong for obvious reasons.I did it right or assumed I did IE:The marble was stoped on the sq.to the right of hole & when I tilted it to the left,the marble whent over the hole to the sq. behind it I tilted it to the right and the marble went off the board.I did it about 5-6 times this way and it just kept rolling over the hole to sq. behind so I had to skip.It's not fun when you're forced to skip!

The ball won't roll in just because it crosses over the hole -- it has to stop on the hole. Notice that one side of each hole has a barrier -- you have to line the ball up to hit that barrier. The ball with then drop in.

The game has to be played in a specific way -- as all games do. If something doesn't work for you, don't assume the game is wrong -- that will keep you from finding out how to do it correctly.

[Post New]by Bluekaminari on Feb 17, 09 11:35 PM
I agree with those who say that the game was too short. (I thought the same with other MCF games, in fact) I finished it the first time in around 6 hours and a half (strangely, it took me the same time to finish Madame Fate the first time...).
People may think that I am harsh, but I started to play video games 20 years ago and I grew up playing crazy things like Lucasfilm Games (Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island...) Lankhor Games (Maupiti Island, Mortevieille Manor) or Westwood Games (Kyrandia, Lands of Lore...). Those games were incredibly long (more than 20 hours for some) and difficult, and the player didn't have any diary or list of objects to find (Lankhor Games were wonderful for driving people mad with this... Just imagine RtR without lists during the finding objects parts...). I really LOVED playing those oldies (I still do, in fact), and RtR reminded me of them, but too briefly...
Anyhow, short length is the only bad point I could find about this game... It's an amazing creation with a great plot, a unique atmosphere (and wonderful music!). I want more!!!

[Post New]by 26aladdin03 on Feb 18, 09 6:34 AM
I have played many Big ~Fish Games for about the past two years now, but have to say that Return to Ravenhurst is one of the best ever games. It is so well thought out and good in so many ways - kept me very busy for a very long time. ~Cant wait for the next one - or something similar - anybody have any other games as good as this?

[Post New]by Rachel1989 on Feb 18, 09 7:28 AM
I likedthe previous Mystery Case Files better. This game you spent too much time running from one place to the other. Love the puzzles in all previous games. Please bring them back!!!!!

[Post New]by tora422 on Feb 18, 09 1:09 PM
I am a huge MCF fan however I guess I am one of few that feel this way, but I am not fon of the return to Ravenhurst! I love the original and I love the concept of the return. BUT.... I am not crazy about all the back and forth having to go into each room 100 times to solve one riddle. I guess I am just a little frustrated with it.

[Post New]by bodger1 on Feb 18, 09 1:28 PM
why is there only a small screen cant see what to do really stupid as all games should be full screen really disapointed

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 18, 09 1:32 PM
bodger1 wrote:why is there only a small screen cant see what to do really stupid as all games should be full screen really disapointed
You have the OPTION to have Full Screen. Look in the OPTIONS settings and click on FullScreen. Good luck!

Go to: