geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by geniegal on Jul 13, 14 12:14 PM
Last night, when I opened my Social page, I had 5 items in my want list. I tried clicking on one of them to change it, but then the 5th item disappeared and I had the usual 4 items. Today, when I tried to change one of the items and clicked the red minus (- ), the game froze and I have to restart it.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 13, 14 4:02 PM
Just want to add a note to the developers.

There have been some server connection issues all weekend long. Several times each day (as many as one or two per hour). You get the lovely server connection message with the choice to retry or quit.

Clicking retry will allow us to continue on with what we are working on with nothing more than an annoyance, but if it happens while on the Social Page many other issues arise.

The Social Page too, if trying to change the wish list, has been having problematic delays and will require exiting out and re-entering to get it to work correctly and in other cases have had to close down the game because of some freezing issues.

This all started immediately after downloading the latest update on Friday.

It would be VERY APPRECIATED if these issues are addressed as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance,
Silver Hawk

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 13, 14 4:38 PM
The "unable to connect to server" issue caused me to lose an Owl egg. I had an Owl egg in my received gifts and when I opened the gift and click to get it I could see the little letters floating up like it was going into my inventory. But the server error happened at that time and when I went into my inventory the Owl egg had not made it.

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Jul 13, 14 5:32 PM
Tried to change one of the items on my wish list and game froze I really hope all these problems get fixed quick this is so irritating.

[Post New]by Mobi01 on Jul 13, 14 8:51 PM
I have a problem creating the "creating of the world" item. There is a question mark in one item, therefore I can't create that for Henry. What can I do? Also there is problem "connecting to server" every 10-15 minutes. If a press "retry" is OK. But it's annoying.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jul 13, 14 8:58 PM
Mobi01 wrote:I have a problem creating the "creating of the world" item. There is a question mark in one item, therefore I can't create that for Henry. What can I do? Also there is problem "connecting to server" every 10-15 minutes. If a press "retry" is OK. But it's annoying.

The problem you have for crafting Henry's item is that you haven't reached the level yet where you can access the item with the question mark. Once you open up the new HOS you shouldn't have any more issues with the question marks in the item.

Server connection seems to be an issue today. Internet fluctuates occasionally.

[Post New]by Mobi01 on Jul 13, 14 10:26 PM
Thank you very much!

[Post New]by gerald16351 on Jul 13, 14 11:32 PM
I am also having the same problem with connecting to internet I press ok n its fine I have no issues with my internet!!!!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 14, 14 6:40 AM
jen8973 wrote:I thought I was going crazy thinking I was the only one with that cant connect to server problem I have not been able to see my wish list or gifts and it hasnt updated my friends info I was so excited to see the update thought all these problems were going to get fixed I was wrong HEY BFG WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEMS NOT KEEP CREATING MORE FIX YOUR SERVER ISSUES YOU HAVE ALOT OF UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!

[Post New]by Steve_Go_Yanks on Jul 14, 14 7:21 AM
Over the past 24 hours my friend icon has lit, I retrieved the gift and exited. The icon stays lit. I checked for another gift, there was none. I exited and the icon stayed lit. It eventually goes off, but after I have checked for gifts 3 or 4 times.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 14, 14 1:57 PM
This is the second time that has happened. The "unable to connect to server" issue caused me to lose an Amulet of Challenge worth 1315 coins. I had it in my received gifts and when I opened the gift and click to get it I could see the little letters floating up like it was going into my inventory. But the server error happened at that time and when I went into my inventory the Amulet of Challenge had not made it. The Owl egg I lost yesterday was worth 1800 coins. That is 3115 coins the server has taken from me. I hope it is having a good time with my money.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 14, 14 3:38 PM
Sent a gift, screen froze, didn't get card, but gift count went down.

[Post New]by queenor on Jul 14, 14 3:39 PM
I too thought it was my server or my computer having problems when the "cannot connect to server" problem happened several weeks ago[u]. Finally you have a new update and the problem is still happening. Not one thing was fixed. I haven't gotten or posted for gifts in several weeks. All of my friends are at the same level they were at when this first started. Getting tired of waiting and half playing the game. Time to try another site?

[Post New]by queenor on Jul 14, 14 3:54 PM
I have never know who gives me what in the social section. But when reading some of the posts, it seems some people know who gave them gifts, Is this usual?

I just have gifts, until of course the onslaught of "cannot connect to server" on social page after several minutes waiting. Then the Friends lists comes up and the friends wish list, but not my own wish list of gifts.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jul 14, 14 4:55 PM
The Social Page in this game is an absolute nightmare......and has just gotten worse since the update. I have not been able to send gifts since the update because I keep getting the message about server connection issues.

But the deal breaker for me is the change in the drop rate of unique stamps. I have just finished playing 150 HOS and did not get one unique stamp. Since these are required for crafting items needed by the quests, you cannot make any progress in the game without them. What is the point of playing this game if you cannot make any progress. Continually playing HOS without getting any of these stamps is pointless. Two of my games are at a standstill since I cannot get any of these stamps. Please do not try to force me to make in-game purchases for gems.....the cost is ridiculous at 80 gems per unique stamp. Truly a deal breaker...if this issue is not fixed, I'll simply stop playing the game.

[Post New]by alerios on Jul 14, 14 5:28 PM
Having issue with the ice rock and troll lock. I have 3 wands, 500 coins and level 6, it will not let me open it. Someone please help!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 14, 14 7:03 PM
queenor wrote:I have never know who gives me what in the social section. But when reading some of the posts, it seems some people know who gave them gifts, Is this usual?

I just have gifts, until of course the onslaught of "cannot connect to server" on social page after several minutes waiting. Then the Friends lists comes up and the friends wish list, but not my own wish list of gifts.

Queenor, click first on the gift before accepting it. That will bring up the name of the person who gave you the gift.

[Post New]by Mary1S on Jul 15, 14 5:44 AM
Since update I haven't had any diamonds from flowers. It's been days.Kind of monotonous.Can it be fixed or that IS part of the new update too.

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by serpntene on Jul 15, 14 6:02 AM
yshaffer wrote:I have been playing for a while and canot get what I need to advance to the next level
It takes over 30 minutes for the box that contains the staph I need to refresh.
Earlier in the game i got the staph but you used it in the burning tree.
Not a good thing if I cannot get the item to go forward. getting boring

Similar issue involving a key. How did you resolve your issue?

[Post New]by Caren2353 on Jul 15, 14 10:51 AM
Cannot get Midnight castle to download.

Go to: