Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 16, 17 12:22 AM
I didn’t do the last challenge as I wasted lives just trying to get the first level. This one was difficult for the first level but was OK after that. I used them in Seoul and picked up the $500 plus 80 green gems and the normal coins for the levels, which I probably don’t need but I got determined it wouldn’t beat me, so now it’s bed time!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Nov 16, 17 3:12 AM
Thanks for the suggestions for Seoul 23. I want those gems bad, but may just move on and see if I can get them elsewhere. I'm pretty stingy with my boosts, especially the expensive ones.

Again thanks to those who offered help!

Fish

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 16, 17 3:43 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I read a post a while back that reported two different mobile devices in the same household (different progress through the game) having different levels on Everest. It wouldn't surprise me if the game remembered that I won Everest last time, so now I get hard levels again. Before that last time, I had given up in frustration for two Everest events in a row.

I thought it would be interesting to know if the challenges do differ, so made some notes on this challenge. Didn’t think of it until I finished level 2, so don’t have all the details. Haven’t done the fifth yet..
1. On the left and upper side massive walls, behind which tiles are covered with regular papers. Aim: clear the tiles.
2. Desert tile in the middle, chained gummies on the outer left and right. Aim: clear tiles and collect souvenirs.
3. Board with ice and regenerating paper. Aim: 100,000 points, clear tiles, 2 souvenirs.
4. Board with solid walls in a large square and a cross shape in the middle, behind which sticky paper tiles and yellow + green color filler bombs. Aim: 90,000 points, clear tiles.

Hope I explained it well enough...

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Nov 16, 17 4:17 AM
I posted that I had different games on my iPad and iPhone for the last Everest challenge. This time with one in New York and the other in Montreal, both seem to have the same games. There’s no predicting what might happen with this fascinating game that’s had me hooked for just over 3 years now.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 16, 17 7:38 AM
Re “possible Easter egg hunt”
I had no luck in Sydney, but in Tokyo I tapped on the dumb looking dog around level 110.
He disappeared and a paratrooper robot dropped in and brought me 15 green gems!
Keep looking folks...

nlphouston
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nlphouston on Nov 16, 17 7:50 AM
Thanks Gummynut, I got it as well!

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 16, 17 8:01 AM
Awesome! I was afraid I had just missed it the first time around, but I am almost positive I had tried to click on that dog before with no result...

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 16, 17 8:32 AM
I had done Tokyo 100% but just went back and found the dog and yes got 15 green gems so I wonder how many other hidden “gems” there are?

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 16, 17 8:54 AM
Thanks Gummynut,

I found the dog in Tokyo. Never thought to click on him before. I was curious so I just finished doing a complete scan of the cities from Sydney to Los Angeles and did not find anything else besides the locals on side paths and the 10 mission folks for rewards. Would be nice to find more so if GD is dropping these every once in awhile it would pay to go on a hunt periodically. If anyone else finds anything please let everyone know. Thanks again Gummynut what a nice surprise today. Most everyone can always use green gems!!!

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 16, 17 8:58 AM
Thanks Gummy nut. I love this game it is always full of surprises.

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Nov 16, 17 11:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I had a bumper Thursday. Found the stupid dog in Tokyo, tried the Everest challenge for the third time (always got dumped on the first try before) and got it first attempt. Rushed back to Tokyo for the last 7 levels that I hadn't been able to complete and with infinite lives won on Everest was able to complete Tokyo with all rewards, rushed off to Havana and completed a difficult 1000 coin reward and so I ended Thursday as if I had won the lottery! Happy days!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 17, 17 12:16 AM
Thanks a lot Gummynut. Just found the dog as well.

I know I've already asked you but it is difficult to go back in the thread to find your answers.

I desperately need coins and have 2000 vouchers. So I'm ready for a break and leave Havana for another city for 2 weeks. Since I've already reached the level 90 in Cairo, I prefer another city.

For your information, already done Amsterdam and Cannes.

Thanks for your help

Marie

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 17, 17 3:39 AM
Marie, Boston is very good for a day trip.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 17, 17 4:30 AM
Thanks a lot lordkalvan.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 18, 17 1:44 AM
Day 60 reward for me was 3 lightning bolts...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 18, 17 5:04 AM
Gummynut wrote:Day 60 reward for me was 3 lightning bolts...

Me too. Sigh.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Nov 18, 17 6:33 AM
Me too.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 18, 17 9:59 AM
Hello everyone, just stopping by to say thanks for the info about day 60 on the treasure chests, and Marie maybe I'll bump into you in Boston ( ha-ha), after the week I've had I really need a vacation!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 18, 17 10:16 AM
Hi Grampa,

I will drink some Cuban rum and smoke a cuban cigar for you this week while sitting in the sun and sand in Veradero. Well maybe I will forgo the cigar as I don't smoke. LOL I know it won't be the same as you going on a vacation but I promise to think of you while I am there. Have a wonderful week and I will be back in a weeks time.

Best regards
Glitter

[Post New]by mollythecat on Nov 18, 17 6:59 PM
Hi
I started playing this game in June and found this forum only about 4 weeks ago. I have reading through and catching up; I am up to the Sept posts and only 20 pages more to go out of 75. So I thought I would come out from lurking and say hi from sunny but cold Alberta Canada.
Yesterday I came upon a section of the chat about the daily challenges and I haven't been doing those so I thought I would give it a try today. I just finished all the monuments in New York yesterday and moved back to SF today where I am just starting level 15. Got a 5 letter word in SF and got the first 4, no problem. Tried the 5th one about 10 times, waited through 6 spins of the wheel and wasted 2 shovels before I finally got it with no boosts...and won 2 shovels.
Anyway, I learned from the chat that Sunday daily challenges usually give coins so I will try that tomorrow. Cheers.

Go to: