BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets" - DD - Feb. 27/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 27, 11 12:38 AM

Please let us know what you think! We value your opinion!

Thanks.

Happy Gaming!!

BBB

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 12:41:57 AM PST

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets" - DD - Feb. 27/11

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 27, 11 1:44 AM
Saw some interesting comments in the main review page and thought I'd try this even though I've ignored this game in the past.

In this H0G, you are finding people, not objects. The game mixes it up each scene and gives you color pictures, outlines, AND descriptions (i.e man holding hotdog). Yes, you will have all 3 in each scene (after the intro). Also, you get bonus points for finding Gaby (main character), the Celebrity Target of each chapter, and bonus stars (5 per scene). You can also find pocket watches to slow down the time... About the timer, it doesn't matter, you will not get cut off in game play or ever have to start over, but IF you complete the scene within the "expert time" you get a gold star. And there are extra trophies to keep track of all this extra stuff in the game. You can replay any scene you like, the people in the scene do not change but your "find list" does (Gaby and the Celebrity won't be in them if you've already found them). Also, there are mini game inbetween each scene (no timer, no skip, but there is a quickly recharging hint button). They were all different in the first chapter.

I finished the first chapter (of 5) in ~ 30 minutes, but I guess I play pretty fast... most fishies (in the main thread) indicated it should be 4 hrs of game play (it does get harder with more and more people in each scene and larger numbers of people to find in each scene) so I can see the following chapters taking longer, and there is a lot of replay value here too. It really is a twist on H0Gs so for $2.99, I think I'll pick this one up! Demo it and try for yourself!

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 1:48:41 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 27, 11 3:45 AM
Hi vezzettj, welcome to the pond. Very nice review! Thanks for sharing, I'll check this one out. Not sure if it will be a buy for me, but good to know the timer info... usually if I hear "timer" its an instant no buy.. but thats certainly a different use of one.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 27, 11 6:16 AM
Demoed this when it first came out, found it to be fun, cute, silly,
but charming. Reminds me of the "Where's Waldo" books which
my childlike heart could also enjoy. Had it on my "to buy" list
but it kept getting pushed down for more sophisticated games.
Since I can remember it so clearly after 14 months, it's a
definite buy at DD price.

Vezzettj's review is spot-on. Lots of silly fun!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 27, 11 9:56 AM
Decided to try the demo, got into this easy-to-do, laid-back game and was surprised when the hour was over. The graphics are comic-book style, but the items you need to find plus the extra items (Gabby and Rocker, gold stars and pocket watches) start out as very easy to find. As you pass through each scene, the scenes become more crowded with people so it becomes a little harder to find the items. I had fun playing, but I am not sure if I would ever replay the game, so I will wait and decide later if I will buy.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 27, 11 10:07 AM
Yes, the cartoon graphics make it feel totally different. Sometimes its harder to find the people than you would think, but I found it to be a lot of fun. I like the perk of upgrading the quality of Gaby's blog. It has been easy to beat the expert timing to get the bonus so far, though some scenes do get harder as you progress. Only got past a couple of postings into the second chapter by the end of the demo, so it appears to be an acceptable length. About 10 minutes into the demo I liked it, but didn't think I would end up buying it. By the end of the demo I changed my mind. A basic straight-style ****/mini puzzle type game; I don't think I would pay full price, but it's quirky enough not to pass it up at $2.99

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Feb 27, 11 11:18 AM
When this one first came out I passed it by - but is is fun - silly - and I need one more game for my punch card
this one fits nicely - a good game for the DD

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 27, 11 1:31 PM
I, like other fishies have said, demoed this a long time ago and had fun but didn't feel it was worth the $6.99. As a daily deal, I think I will go ahead with the purchase. I did have fun finding people in place of objects as it makes for an entirely unique gaming experience.

It's one of those perfect games for a dreary day when you just need to zone out for awhile and enjoy yourself.

As I remember, it does get more challenging as the game progresses. The 'people' that you have to find vary so that you are not looking for the same characters over and over again. The background scenes also change consistently so getting bored quickly is not an issue with this game. I was actually really impressed with the variety of people in each scene! That alone had to take the developers quite a bit of time to do.

This is worth the DD price. At the very least, demo it if you haven't played it and see if you find it fun.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 27, 11 1:33 PM
Bright, colorful, light-hearted. Mall-watching without having to leave home.
People searches using pictures, silhouettes, words. Extra items to search for. Trophies to earn. Timer only to calculate "expert" ranking, doesn't cut you off, no stress.
Mini-games don't have skips (at least not ones I saw in the trial) but the hint button worked on "make the cake" puzzle so might work on others too, but not sure.
I got to the second entry in Chapter 2, taking my time, so looks like 4 hours or so assuming chapters are of similar length.
It's completely different than anything else I have, so today this is a BUY.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Feb 27, 11 1:53 PM
Well my gosh, what a perfect little game to come along for me, anyway. It's silly, fun and does not require much thought or mouse ability. Every once in awhile I just want a different and easy game that will amuse me but not too much of a challenge. I live in L.A. and will be watching the Oscars, so I wanted something simple but fun to play while watching. This game is just perfect! I just bought it and I've had no technical difficulties whatsoever. My favorites are the well made/produced hidden object games with some adventure and unobnoxious storyline and secondly a good match three offering quality entertainment and challenge without driving me insane.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Feb 27, 11 5:11 PM
I am not into Celebrity Gossip at all, but i really love this game. It is sometimes a challenge to find the people, especially with the silhouettes, but that is what i like. The gold stars are easy to find and so are the watches. I found Gabby often but the Rocker I found only a couple of times. i also enjoyed the mini puzzles. It is a fun game and i think it has lots of replay potential. This game is a steal at $3.

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets" - DD - Feb. 27/11

[Post New]by ssw0630 on Feb 27, 11 5:48 PM

i can't figure out how to get into chapter 2. it is totally locked still and i keep going through chapter 1 and locating everything and replaying in case i miss something. how do i advance this game.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 27, 11 8:24 PM
Fun and unique game, well worth the money~

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Feb 27, 11 11:07 PM
I remember demoing this a while ago. Don't remember why i didn't bite. But i like it and at 2.99 it's a buy for me. Very different twist on the hidden object game.

Go to: