bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Cake Shop 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 27, 11 8:47 AM
If you are having problems getting Cake Shop 3 to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Post any Cake Shop 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by pixie30 on Feb 28, 11 1:57 AM
Hello

is anyone having problems with picking items up when playing the game? I sometimes have to click 2 or 3 times to get the cursor to pick up a cake or other item on the belt. Its rather frustrating as now its getting harder (I'm on the 3rd country) and I am struggling to get expert.

Apart from that I really like the game, I just love TM games!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 28, 11 5:35 AM
I thought it was just me but yes I've had to click several times on items to get it picked up. And when I went back and replayed a level for expert and got it, the map didn't update to reflect the gold cup on that level. I tried this several times but game would not award the cup on the map.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Feb 28, 11 5:37 AM
the non gold cup thing is a game killer for me. Am not buying until/unless it gets sorted. I just love seeing the gold cups before I uninstall

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Feb 28, 11 5:43 AM
I haven't had problems with the game showing expert scores, its just picking up items that is causing problems for me, I hope they can fix this issue as I have bought the game and its putting me off playing it now.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Feb 28, 11 11:46 AM
I completed mexico and started Italy in the demo. Then bought the game.

I had to re-complete Mexico (from about level 5), although bizarrely enough although the mexico level line completed, it was actually Italy's restaurant. Italy is bugged, in that it shows a 2 star cafe, the screen goes blank when I go to renovations, and there shows NO levels complete.

I'm requesting a refund.

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Feb 28, 11 6:43 PM
I cannot get this game to open can someone help me?

I keep getting a access violation message

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 6:52:57 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 1, 11 8:53 AM
Ok..found a glitch and it's pissing me off. Half way through the Egypt level, your money amount stops on $396 and never increases, therefore you can't progress or purchase anything. No matter how much cash you made in the previous level, it won't budge past that amount. Am I missing something?

[Post New]by lolabunny325 on Mar 1, 11 7:12 PM
when i get to russia, and on the 4th level the game closes on me

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Mar 1, 11 9:18 PM
Ok not sure if this is a bug or " something" but I finished Italy and was only a 4 star cafe so i went back and it was all gone all my cups and even the ones I didn't expert in were gone, I had to do ALL of them over even the ones I had gotten expert in. Anyone else having this problem

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Mar 3, 11 12:28 AM
hi michaelsgurl

something similar. I'd finished Italy, but it only showed 2 stars, and all the cups were gone etc, and I couldn't replay any of them - the renovation screen was blank.

3 days and still no refund :/

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Mar 4, 11 4:57 AM
I also have trouble clicking on things! Have to click several times! I mentioned this when I played the survey, but apparently nothing was fixed! Also, having to play the entire game over again just to show expert scores is no good!

[Post New]by tlbsgirl7981 on Mar 8, 11 4:52 PM
After obtaining expert on levels in the game it does not reflect on my screen-I am wondering if they are coming up with a game update to fix this problem or am I going to just have to deal with this problem thru entire game if so Im ready to request a refund as this game has disappointed me unlike previous cake shop games

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Mar 12, 11 3:16 PM
yea im really disappointed in this game and we are getting no feed back, Also has anyone been able to expert on mexico level 9 and 10 and any pointers for me plz

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Mar 12, 11 4:08 PM
ok im having probs getting expert on alot of them is there tricks or just the crap situation the game is in

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 12, 11 4:10 PM
Hi everyone,

If you are receiving an Access Violation message, please take a look at this help article:

Access Violation

If you're having display issues or are experiencing a game crash/freeze, you might want to see if an update to your computer will help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It looks like a number of you are having to click a couple times to pick up items. Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that we can work on getting this resolved and if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Mar 12, 11 11:28 PM
please can someone help me to get the experts

[Post New]by michaelsgurl on Mar 14, 11 9:18 PM
Could a moderator plz reply to this and tell me if there is issues with this game and being able to expert in it cause it sure seems impossible. Thank you

[Post New]by cphilley on Mar 16, 11 5:05 PM
I am having problems with the graphics on my bonuses. Instead of showing a plate with the bonus on it, I get i white blank spot and if I click on it then I can't do anything else in the game. I have to exit the game and start it again.

[Post New]by Starfire27 on Mar 27, 11 4:09 PM
I sometimes have trouble picking up the items, but my main complaint is that I can never be sure if I'm actually going to keep that expert trophy. I have also had the problem with the wrong restaurants appearing in the wrong countries. These issues have taken all the fun out of this game for me. I think we should all get a game credit because this is surely more trouble than it's worth.

Go to: