[Post New]by Wulgar on Dec 11, 08 4:05 AM
You should try contacting tech support.

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

Re:Ruined Game

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Dec 22, 08 2:35 AM
Wulgar wrote:You should try contacting tech support.

their only recommendation was uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Which I don't really need to do, nor want to, because I'd still have to start over :/

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 26, 08 5:24 PM
If you started a new player, you're starting over anyway as far as I can tell. I deleted 3 weeks work that way, by thinking I could start another username and play another tribe simultaneously like on every single other game in the universe. No go. The minute you "change player" all your stuff is gone and you're starting over with nothing. One player has some filenames you can try to find in your computer's file system to try to recover a game, but I haven't been able to find a file with that sort of name on my computer (I use Vista, and the filenames sound like XP's hierarchy). Good luck.

[Post New]by inkslaive on Dec 27, 08 3:03 PM
I too am having issues when I revisit My Tribe after a break. I am getting some RUNTIME error message. I was playing only one tribe when I started getting the message. I had to start over so decided to start two tribes as two different players. Things were working fine with both tribes/players...no loss of progress or anything; just remembered to save and exit before switching usernames,,,but now I am getting the darn RUNTIME error message again. If I can remember to write down what it actually says, I will repost the message. I am really enjoying the game but this error thing is irritating.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 29, 08 12:31 AM
Well, the very minute I click "Change Player" everything I have is gone. No warning, no chance to make a new player, nothing. Not the Create a New Tribe button, the "Change Player" at the top left. Wonder if we have different builds with different glitches?
Seems they've put out several builds of this game to address the multiple glitches in it. Makes one wonder if they did any beta testing at all or if they're just using their paying customers for beta testers (or maybe even alpha testers in the earlier builds)...

[Post New]by inkslaive on Dec 29, 08 12:44 PM
Ok...my RUNTIME error message reads as follows...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for mre information.

And as long as I load one of my tribes...I have 3 going right now...and keep it open all day, I have no problems changing from one player/tribe to the next. I played it for hours last night and no issues. If I totally quit the game and come back to it later, that is when the error message shows up.

hope someone finds a fix for it.

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Dec 29, 08 2:22 PM
inkslaive wrote:Ok...my RUNTIME error message reads as follows...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for mre information.

And as long as I load one of my tribes...I have 3 going right now...and keep it open all day, I have no problems changing from one player/tribe to the next. I played it for hours last night and no issues. If I totally quit the game and come back to it later, that is when the error message shows up.

hope someone finds a fix for it.

at least you kind of know what's going on. Mine just freezes. I tried to start a game in a new user, but I just lost interest. On another note, I finally went to go check on my new tribe today and everyone was dead. Apparently young children (mine were 4 and 2) die of loneliness before they die of starvation...

[Post New]by ItsMeBirdie on Dec 30, 08 10:26 AM
I am having a similar problem with mine thus far on user 1 Everything was working fine last night set some things out for the tribe to build made sure I had enough houses for all made some babies I come back today and when I try to play stuck on loadingtried several different things ended up starting a new tribe

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Dec 30, 08 12:48 PM
ItsMeBirdie wrote:I am having a similar problem with mine thus far on user 1 Everything was working fine last night set some things out for the tribe to build made sure I had enough houses for all made some babies I come back today and when I try to play stuck on loadingtried several different things ended up starting a new tribe

My best guess is this happens when you use the default account. The same thing happened to me when I played James Patterson's Women's Murder Club. I guess from now on just make sure you create your own account.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Dec 30, 08 4:08 PM
I had to reinstall my game after the virus mess with McAfee and did NOT lose my game that was in progress. If you are using McAfee, make sure that you have all their updates. You should also go to the Microsoft update page and make sure all your 'stuff' is up to date. Then, if you aren't using McAfee, make sure your game is on the white list - programs that are always accepted. That's about all I can think of right now, but this game is loaded with glitches. They should have taken more time to fix it before releasing it to the public.

[Post New]by midnightrizer on Jan 4, 09 1:40 AM
The virus scanners are finding the code that lets the game run even when the computer is Off. If you save and Exit then It goes to the Quit menu you wont lose anything i Completely UNINSTALLED The game and reinstalled and guess what? Everything is Still there. If you Truly want to start the game Fresh the only way is to Wipe out the files for BF and the Game and reload everything This Clears the Registry and the computer forgets the game was ever on the system. The way you can wipe out the BF interface and not lose your other games is to Copy the BF folder with all your other games to the desktop first. then after the Interface is reinstalled copy that folder back Minus the Tribe game.

Or if you Don't want to do all that just ignore this Post but The point is its not the Scanners Fault that its finding this code its unique to the VV and this and All of the other games that run when the computer isnt even on like fish ty and plant ty.

Go to: