bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 27, 11 5:47 PM
We have a new version of Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues available now that fixes the progression block in Chapter 3. To get the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. More information can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues! February 27, 2011

If you are having problems getting the updated version of Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 10:52:50 AM PST

Re:Post any Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by kassieb on Feb 27, 11 8:59 PM
Uninstalled old version and installed update but game crashes just as before in Chapter 3.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Chapter 6 - Venice - hidden object scene on gondola

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 28, 11 6:49 AM
The second hidden object scene on the gondola creates an access violation every time I click on the final object.

When I come out of the game I am shown an access violation.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game but the error persists; I will advise CS but thought I would post here in case anyone else gets the same error.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 28, 11 10:49 AM
Purchased game after the updated version was put up on Feb 27th - the game froze I believe in Chapter 3 right after I cut the painting and was to call Robert. Will contact CS.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Feb 28, 11 11:04 AM
I'm crashing too, right after I pick up the mysterious key in chapter 3. I will try unistalling and re-install to see if that works. I will report back.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 11 1:56 PM
I have no problems with the game whatsoever. Did you all use your old profile when you continued playing the new version of the game? If so, that often causes the problem.

Hope you all get it sorted out. This is a fantastic game.

jlroeder
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jlroeder on Feb 28, 11 1:59 PM
I uninstalled the game ....cleaned out my cache....rebooted the puter...and re-installed the game....still crashes with the error box popping up....then I have to hit ctrl esc to get out of black screen....very frustrating! I played the first game and wanted to do the second...but seems like I won't be able to. I will contact CS....to either have them tell me how to fix the game....or return my money. I usually never say anything on the forums...but THIS is very irritating. If they are going to put out a game (especially a series) at least have it work right!

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Feb 28, 11 2:14 PM
Only 1 problem.Chap 6.Could not undo 1 of the rusty nuts.Started over(on the old version) and had no problems.Must have been a slight glitch in my computer..TNX

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Feb 28, 11 2:58 PM
I'm having an XML Parsing error with both the old and new version of this game. Hopefully techies can help out ! Anyone else have this error ?

[Post New]by bblakemom on Feb 28, 11 5:22 PM
Tried a bunch of different things, but I continue to crash in Chapter 3 after cutting painting and picking up key. I'm really enjoying this game and want to continue. Help!!

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Feb 28, 11 7:20 PM
I am also crashing in chapter 3. I have installed latest video card and am still crashing.

[Post New]by jimlur on Mar 1, 11 10:23 AM
I’m currently at the end of chapter 6 in the Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues.
I have hit a glitch in the game and can’t proceed or go back and correct the error that’s in the game.
I’m at the part where you have to spray the rust remover on the 3 nuts and then remove the nuts with the pliers. The nuts are at top center, botton left and bottom right. I sprayed the top center one first and the rust remover went back in inventory which happens usually when the item you are using is not properly placed.
I went back in inventory and got the rust remover and sprayed the top middle one again and then the botton left. After that the rust remover disappeared and I got a message to the effect the rust has been removed. I then removed the top center nut and the bottom left as well but when I tried to remove the bottom right I got a message , “No this will not work, the bolts are to rusty.”
To proceed I need to get inside and get the last stone disk.
I even went back to the hotel’s 2nd floor where I got the rust remover off the cart and it’s no longer avaiable there.
There also is no option to re-start the chapter. I think the glitch in the game is the 3 sprays as the game is assuming they were all properly placed and mistakenly takes away the rust remover.
This error should be brought to the attention of the developers.

[Post New]by shybear36 on Mar 1, 11 11:18 AM
i am on chapter 3 to and i cant pick up the ceramic fuse in the drawer can someone help me out please i have uninstalled 3 times and it still does not work.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Mar 1, 11 11:32 AM
I also lost my oil spray can in chapter 6. It is gone and I missed the top rusty bolt. Now what???

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Mar 1, 11 1:01 PM
I was able to access the map of Venice hidden object scene in chapter 6. I backed out of it and now I can't access it again. The guy pops up and says I don't need it right now. I can't continue with the game.

[Post New]by writerpoe on Mar 1, 11 5:10 PM
When I try to open game it say could not create game window.
I have shockwave,flash, and my drivers are updated.
Thank for the Help

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 5:11:46 PM PST

[Post New]by singergirl4life on Mar 1, 11 8:43 PM
In chapter 3 I'm in one of the hidden puzzles on the street bulleten board, and it won't let me pick up the last stamp! I've used up like 3 hints which all point to the same one it won't let me collect and it's holding up the entire game!

Jipc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Jipc on Mar 2, 11 1:37 PM
I too am having the problem with the map in chapter 6, can't go any further and have tried rebooting the game after uninstalling it. Going to try restarting my computer AGAIN!!!

Ginru
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Ginru on Mar 2, 11 3:16 PM
I was able to access the map of Venice hidden object scene in chapter 6. I backed out of it and now I can't access it again. The guy pops up and says I don't need it right now. I can't continue with the game.
I am only able to go to the hotel and the alley. Tried reinstalling with out success.
Any fixes or ideas.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Mar 3, 11 1:13 AM
Had the same problem as many people initially with the Mac version in as much as it crashed out at the end of chapter 3. The game fix recommended reinstalling the updated version and that certainly solved the problem and it still saved the point at which you played up to. However, both pre and post fix versions of this game displayed the same problem when you switched on and off between full screen. The screen would go blank and I would end up restarting. No game action lost but very irritating. (Using a Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz)

Still a great game and worth pursuing despite problems but continuity was marred by these problems.

Go to: