BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "DANGER NEXT DOOR: MISS TERI TALE'S ADVENTURE" - DD-Feb. 28/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 28, 11 12:07 AM

Okay fishies, we want to know what you think of this game, so swim by and tell us!

Thanks.

Happy Gaming!

BBB

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "DANGER NEXT DOOR: MISS TERI TALE'S ADVENTURE" - DD-Feb. 28/11

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 28, 11 12:49 AM
This game is funny. It's a hog with alot of talking. And the voices are a bunch of hillbillies.lol reminds me of some of my family. lol It's a light hearted game. Not the best in the world, but it's for me. I like most hogs,ihogs,ifrogs. It has a wide screen in 1024x768 pixel. I enjoy the voice over's. There corney but funny. Realistic photo's of the characters. I like a "who dun it". Be sure to give it a try. It's not for everyone. But thanks it's for me.

I'd rate this: PORK BELLY
PORK BELLY: Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

p.s. been reading alot of discord in the pond lately. I would just like to say, I enjoy everyone's review and I read them all. Pro or Con your opinion matter's for the whole pond. I encourage everyone to write a review. Your opinion is of value to me and many more, rather we agree or not. That's what make's BF the best. (The Fishes!)

‘ ‘
(o)

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: "DANGER NEXT DOOR: MISS TERI TALE'S ADVENTURE" - DD-Feb. 28/11

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 28, 11 1:49 AM
I like it. It's funny. Nice for a rainy day.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 28, 11 4:27 AM
I don't like it!! Agenda is a wallet?? What the heck?????? I was looking for a list of things to do. Why not just say Wallet? And the voices-no way could I listen to that all day. Sorry, but it's a big NO for me

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 28, 11 4:51 AM
yasure wrote:I don't like it!! Agenda is a wallet?? What the heck?????? I was looking for a list of things to do. Why not just say Wallet? And the voices-no way could I listen to that all day. Sorry, but it's a big NO for me

Hi Yasure, not quite sure if I understood your post here correctly or not because you left a lot out. Are you saying that while you were looking for something in a Hidden Object Scene something on your list of things to look for was an "Agenda" and it looked like a leather bound wallet? You personally were looking for something that looked a piece of paper that had a list of things to do on it? Just for the record, the first "Agenda" I ever purchased was a leather bound "Agenda" that could pass for rather large looking leather bound wallet it carried credit cards, held a day planner and everything in it so I can understand the confusion. I'd just encourage you to be a little more open minded. Not everyone's agenda is a cheap piece of paper and some people have a sense of style. Not that there's anything wrong with writing it on a piece of paper...I'm just saying...

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 28, 11 5:37 AM
Yasure, I wasn't looking for a wallet either. I thought it was going to be a piece of paper that had a schedule on it. I don't have the kind of wallet that has a calendar or small personal phone book in it. I didn't know that they're called Agendas.

I don't remember trying this game when it first came out. It's different than the other 2. I didn't buy either one of them. I kind of like this one . There's no challenge to it. I love games that are challenging. But every now and then it's nice to play a game that is easy, but not too easy. The graphics are nice. Not too "cartoonish". It's a relaxing game. It doesn't make me think too hard.

I turned the sound down. I didn't like it that much. The first lady who talked, besides Miss Teri had an irritating voice...to me at least.

I wouldn't have paid the game club price for it but it's worth $2.99. It's a cheap way to get a punch on my punch card lol Now I'll only need one more punch to fill my punch card with. For a DD I'll give it a

Have a good day everyone.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 28, 11 5:51 AM
What to do...what to do.... It's the end of the month. All my punch cards are full...and yet, this game is making me laugh and I think I want it. It's very different, although not difficult at all. Oh my. I guess I have to think about it for a few hours. But, I'm leaning toward purchase.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 28, 11 6:05 AM
jennsmom wrote:What to do...what to do.... It's the end of the month. All my punch cards are full...and yet, this game is making me laugh and I think I want it. It's very different, although not difficult at all. Oh my. I guess I have to think about it for a few hours. But, I'm leaning toward purchase.
Me too, I have 2 full cards. But I did buy this one because it's cheap.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 28, 11 6:34 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
jennsmom wrote:What to do...what to do.... It's the end of the month. All my punch cards are full...and yet, this game is making me laugh and I think I want it. It's very different, although not difficult at all. Oh my. I guess I have to think about it for a few hours. But, I'm leaning toward purchase.

I don't know if I would have bought it if I didn't need punches on my punch card. However you're only "wasting" one punch. I needed 2 so I got it since I wouldn't be using a game credit or punch card credit. There have been a few DDs that I bought and didn't need the punch. They were worth the price.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 28, 11 6:42 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Count me among those joining the "hanging chad/punch" club.
Card is full, but can't pass on this at DD price.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Feb 28, 11 7:12 AM

Hi all you fishies.
Last day of the month & I waited to buy the 2nd installment of The Serpent of Isis because I only need 2 more punches. I wanted to see what would be new today & what would have for the Catch of the Week & the DD.
I already have the wkly catch l so I'll be getting the 2 installments.
I don't remember seeing this Miss Teri Tale title before either. It's a little different than the other 2, but along the same general lines.
Rainy day here in Pgh. w/Tornado Watch/Warning & strong thunderstorms until 1 PM unless they change it. A good game to have today.
Hope you all have a good gaming day!

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 7:26:30 AM PST

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 28, 11 9:48 AM
I tried the Miss Teri Tale: Vote for Me (or something like that) and didn't even get 15 minutes into the demo before I was so annoyed by the game... but I don't remember why (I wasn't posting in the forums then). And I'm in the same situation as Woofie with 2 punches left to fill my punch card...

Mixed reviews throughout the forums: some say it is challenging, some say easy, some are easily offended by the subject matter (I usually am not), some like the previous ones but not this one, some didn't like the previous ones but did Iiked this one, some liked all of them... lol... guess I'll have to wait until after work and try it out myself!

Does anyone know how long this game is?

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 9:48:40 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 28, 11 10:45 AM
vezzettj wrote:I tried the Miss Teri Tale: Vote for Me (or something like that) and didn't even get 15 minutes into the demo before I was so annoyed by the game... but I don't remember why (I wasn't posting in the forums then). And I'm in the same situation as Woofie with 2 punches left to fill my punch card...

Mixed reviews throughout the forums: some say it is challenging, some say easy, some are easily offended by the subject matter (I usually am not), some like the previous ones but not this one, some didn't like the previous ones but did Iiked this one, some liked all of them... lol... guess I'll have to wait until after work and try it out myself!

Does anyone know how long this game is?

I was having fun playing, so bought it. Couldn't pass up the Daily Deal. But, as far as how long it is...that varies a great deal from player to player. Looks like it will take me about 4 hours, but I'm not terribly fast.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 28, 11 10:52 AM
This game is very interesting and different. There is a lot to do. There are hidden object scenes and mini puzzles that are different. The story line is intriguing but I just can't get into the game. I cannot put my finger on why i find this game boring but I do. It really has a lot to offer, maybe too much. I don't know. The developers seem to have put a lot of thought into the game. The graphics are really nice. The music I can do without which I did. Some of the voices didn't seem to match the pictures of the characters. The shaky old ladies voice coming out of Alyssa threw me a little. I thought the speaker was not showing on the screen but when I saw Alyssa again, I realized the voice belonged to that face. The sheriff's voice is odd for his face too. The fact that the characters spoke as though their education was limited didn't match the furnishings in their homes either. I attributed all this to the town just being full of weird people, especially the sheriff who just let Teri inject herself into the crime investigation. Good thing though, the man misses a lot of evidence. All in all, I would say the game is really good and will please many people. It's just not for me.

[Post New]by Beronika1954 on Feb 28, 11 11:07 AM
Problems
I bought this full price and loved it until I made one error and they would not let me undo it. It is a very unforgiving game. It will stay stuck at that level and you have wasted all that time. I advice not getting coaxed by the "cute" voices and humor, it is not amusing when you have to start a game from the beginning for one wrong click.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 28, 11 1:05 PM
I have made the game for the full price and never regret it. I recommend it for the daily deal price

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Feb 28, 11 9:56 PM
My first comment - I think the developers must have been hopped up on goofballs when they did this game! it's so clever and funny and there is so much to see! It's fun, inventive...graphics are pretty good - some stuff is pretty little, but the hint button recharges pretty quickly. I chose the relaxed mode so I can muddle through each chapter, and I'm really enjoying it. I turned the music down - it was okay - I always turn the music down some on any game I play. Instructions were clear - and it's silly! For the price, it's a great deal on a fun game that isn't going to over use your little grey cells...a buy for me at $2.99.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 2, 11 8:07 AM

Great game kept me amused for hours but I do tend to read everything!!!
Story line was good and an ending that did not leave you Dangling !!!
Hog scenes were clever although some were a bit dark......I had a few chuckles over the pop ups... On the whole I can recommend this game not too brain taxing but lots of fun..

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 12, 11 2:14 PM
Finally finished this today. Ran into the glitch that some others
have mentioned with black screen and had to uninstall/rinstall
and start over after being 4 chapters in and that was a bummer,
so just didn't play for a while. Glad I went back as I found this
game delightful. Such funny characters, I willingly suspended
logic and played along with the Mayor not the Sheriff investigating
crimes and murders and found the ending made it oh so very
logical when you got the explanation.

Speaking of endings, this is one of the best "summing up" I've
ever found in a game.

I used more hints in this game then I'd ever considered doing
before, 'cause toward the end, the scenes got darker, the items
got smaller (locks smaller then a tiny candle flame) and some
times looking for objects in a panels that were less than one
eighth the size of the screen; but I just used what I needed and
kept on enjoying. Haven't tried the 1st two, but will do so soon.

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on Mar 22, 11 4:20 PM
I'm just about half way thru but it's an OK game. Could havedone without the "live" people & the talking. Just finished. these people give a whole new meaning to "Hoarding"

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 8:53:16 AM PST

Go to: