Bar door lock

[Post New]by biglakegamer on Feb 28, 11 12:17 AM
Have just discovered this type of game and am loving it. I can't find the way to open the Bar door lock. I didn't see it in the Walkthrough and can't get past the phone booth.
I used the coin found in the school yard to open the Pet shop, but am stymied. Any ideas?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Bar door lock

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 28, 11 10:46 AM
You don't actually open the bar door. You only access the bar, during the main game, through the window hidden object games.

Have you checked out the building to the right of the bar?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 12:09 PM
You may need to use the item found in the Pet Shop to explore the inside of the school before the Bar scene appears.

[Post New]by biglakegamer on Feb 28, 11 9:00 PM
Thanks. I haven't accessed the pet shop secret yet. There's still lots to do apparently.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 10:57 PM
I was referring to the shears that you should have gotten in the H0 in the pet shop. Have you been in there and done that?

[Post New]by grannygirl61 on Mar 11, 11 8:20 PM
I can't access the bar to get the last gear. I am not getting a hidden object at the bar window. I've been to the school with the shears and pet shop and ruined house. Also can't figure out how to open the locked place in the pet shop, tried the hatchet but that didn't work.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 11, 11 10:59 PM
Don't worry about the locked door in the pet shop, that comes later I believe (SPOILER - highlight to read - You need a crowbar). Make sure that there is absolutely nothing else you can do. Other than that, which has helped some people, others just cannot get past this point. Unfortunately, the only work around that we know of is to start over with a new player name.

You can do an Advanced Search to find more info on this subject. Go to the box in the upper right of this page that says "Search All Forums" and click on "Advanced Forum Search" then search with keywords something like "bar gear". Then I would search in both this game and the Collector's Edition. Sorry I don't have better information for you.

[Post New]by fiddlehead on Mar 12, 11 1:44 PM
I did get into the bar, but am looking to again, but cannot open.
How do I get more clues?
Cannot access the sewer. The game keeps telling me to work on that part, but it seems to be impossible.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 12, 11 1:56 PM
Hey fiddlehead,

If you haven't already, you might want to take a peek at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) for some help!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: