belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Akhara: The Treasures

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 28, 11 1:25 AM
I was enjoying this game apart from the umpteen boxes popping up telling me what everything on the screen was!
I was hoping it was good enough to buy it as I love M3 games. Phone went and by time I got back to the game my trial hour had expired!
So will wait and see what other fishies say about the game before making my mind up!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Feb 28, 11 1:29 AM
i think i need more than an hr demo to really review this one..first i didn't know that i had to get the patterns inside the gears to complete the level. altho they give you alot of detail about what to do and what each thing is for..i still found myself confused
anyway, other than sliding rows to match 3 , i encountered chain mode..and dunno if there will be a swap or group mode ?????????????
after 45 min demo, i still didn't even have enuf resources to build my hammer
even after doing the first red level...
seems like the game could have potential if the theme wasnt so bland...
it's not geared for me tho (lame pun)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 28, 11 1:30 AM
I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 28, 11 1:55 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for creating this thread!

I've gone ahead and stickied it. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 28, 11 2:19 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

In that case I would not buy it even as a DD.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 28, 11 2:37 AM
I agree with what everyone else has said. Also had to wonder - is English the game developers third language? Have played much better slider match 3's than this one, Chuzzle for example.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Feb 28, 11 2:56 AM
I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 28, 11 3:23 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

Thank you WolfenRaindancer now I know that I definitely won't even bother to download it.

This sort of restriction makes you wonder if some developers are actually aware that the majority of people who buy games are not fit healthy 20 year olds with lightning reflexes.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Feb 28, 11 4:03 AM
Didn't like this one. Don't have much use for slider match threes, or the ones that you have to create a trail of matches. Way too many pop up and unclear instructions. Story line? What story line. Won't get my money this way...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 11 6:35 AM
I could have sworn that when I chose Easy mode it said that you would be allowed to finish if the time runs out. So far at least I've been able to ignore the timer completely. On the fence with this one. I might have to try to purposely run out of time to see if you do lose the level if you run out of time. Assuming I can force myself to do that.

edit: I wasn't even trying to lose, and I was only 15 minutes into the demo hour. On EASY mode. "The time is over. Try again."

Uninstalled. If they give us a new version where Easy mode really is untimed, I'll install again, because there were parts of the game that looked interesting.

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 6:44:02 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 28, 11 6:50 AM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is M3 with sliders. There was a few chain boards. Also the "Dead Sea" game boards are more challenging. The instructions can become confusing and frustrating as with Easy mode (apparently when time runs out you still lose, even though at the beginning it says if tmie runs out you still can play). It took a bit but I found the radar and assembled it. After replaying some levels I found that you can click on the map piece where it is hidding on the screen, ie one map piece was on the timer. However that was never explained. Also the hint button never worked. The storyline starts out garbled and confusing. That seems to be the theme for this game - confusion.

This game is a C.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 11 7:08 AM
I was bored most of the time so I won't be purchasing it. Regarding completing levels. On all but one I was able to complete the level even after the time ran out. The only level I had to start over ( & over & over & over...) was the one off to the right on the map-it was in red & I think I had to get 55 whatever it was I was supposed to get. I did play in easy mode. So, yes, on the regular levels you can still finish even if you run out of time, but on special levels you have to start over. I completed all but that first special level and still only had three out of six pieces of the map. It said I had to find the rest of the pieces in order to continue. I was trying to complete the special level when the demo ran out.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 28, 11 7:29 AM
I think the timed board is optional to do. It's not on the main map path.

I played the demo hour. The game atmosphere and boards are nice. The main thing I thought should be changed in that respect is the sound you get when you collect the needed little pieces that are in the centers of the game pieces. The music is insipid, but not to the point of being annoying in the demo hour.

The game looks like it needs a lot of tweaking. The mechanics are there, just needs to focus on the player experience - the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. The flow of it needs work for the demo hour to be a good showcase for the game. I was unable to complete the timed board even after several tries, I had just finished building the hammer at the end of the demo hour and did not even get a chance to try it, and the radar mentioned as needed to find the other 3 map pieces wasn't even showing up as an option in the workshop, as far as I had seen. And in the demo hour, we were just shown 2 gameplay types - if there's more, we should be given some clue as to what more there is.

The English needs work, and the instructions need to be placed better in the game - introduced when needed, and not so many boxes one after another.

Makes me think the funds or other resources for this game ran out before any more could be accomplished on it.

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 7:35:57 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 28, 11 8:25 AM
I think I like the game, but I just don't get it.

I feel like I did when I was a child playing Kerplunk & thought the aim was to win all the marbles.

I have failed the timed section 3 times already & don't have time in an hour demo to restart & reread the instructions.

An extremely confused & baffled & bamboozled Jojo

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Feb 28, 11 10:53 AM
This game is a mess. On top of all the complaints listed above - including terrible English grammar, awkward gameplay, and indecipherable directions, the whole thing shut down on me after a short period of gameplay. I'd put the shutdown problem in the tech issues thread, but I don't think the game is even worth doing that. It's too bad because I love a good M3 game, and was looking forward to this.

Well ya win some and ya lose some, eh fishies!?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 28, 11 12:01 PM
Once Again CasualGran - I agree one hundred percent! And the "interruption" of the game with the stupid "Hints" was enough to drive you crazy! 5 minutes I managed to last! Terrible Game, Terrible Grammer, can't comment on the sound as I keep mine turned down! NO BUY here!

Lean

CasualGran wrote:Downloaded the trial because I sometimes like to play a good M3. But... I surely won't be playing this one.

It opens with some nonsensical story in which you, as some kind of professor, have to look for things in some house, don't ask me the reason, and then all of a sudden you have to create a map to be able to start some yourney, again don't ask me why, and after that you start to match gears. But not in the usual way, no, in this game you have to make pairs of 3 gears or more by dragging the rows they're in in whatever direction.
There's a timer, but if you choose for easy mode, you'll still be able to finish the board.
Not that I've finished even 1 board. Man, was I bored within seconds.

This M3, clumsyly made by devs that seem to imitate the artwork of Dream Chronicles isn't worth my money, time and effort.

NO BUY.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 28, 11 12:51 PM
After reading all these reviews and all the posted tech problems (btw, thanks to all who posted ) this is something of a first for me! A no TRY ! Confusion and crashes are not on my agenda today! Happier Gaming All

Hi!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 12:54 PM
Hi fishies! I'm one of the Akhra's developers.
First of all, sorry for my bad English, it isn't my native language. But in any case, I'll try to answer all your questions! I really appreciate all of your comments, whether you enjoy this game or you were disappointed.
Bets regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 12:56 PM
CasualGran wrote:Downloaded the trial because I sometimes like to play a good M3. But... I surely won't be playing this one.

It opens with some nonsensical story in which you, as some kind of professor, have to look for things in some house, don't ask me the reason, and then all of a sudden you have to create a map to be able to start some yourney, again don't ask me why, and after that you start to match gears. But not in the usual way, no, in this game you have to make pairs of 3 gears or more by dragging the rows they're in in whatever direction.
There's a timer, but if you choose for easy mode, you'll still be able to finish the board.
Not that I've finished even 1 board. Man, was I bored within seconds.

This M3, clumsyly made by devs that seem to imitate the artwork of Dream Chronicles isn't worth my money, time and effort.

NO BUY.

Yes, the game starts with dragging the rows. But further, you'll find such modes like:
chain, rotation and traditional swap match-3.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 12:58 PM
belamba wrote:I was enjoying this game apart from the umpteen boxes popping up telling me what everything on the screen was!
I was hoping it was good enough to buy it as I love M3 games. Phone went and by time I got back to the game my trial hour had expired!
So will wait and see what other fishies say about the game before making my mind up!

Hi, belamba!
Well, we'll try to fix pop-up menu in next build. I hope you enjoy the game

Go to: