bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Akhra: The Treasures technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 28, 11 1:54 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

birdboysf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Akhra: The Treasures technical issues here only

[Post New]by birdboysf on Feb 28, 11 2:47 AM
The game never started, lost some trial time and reinstalled a few times. Each time Windows gave me a fatal exception error. So I gave up.
The good news is that as the reviews for the game haven't been too great, I guess I am fine with not getting to try this one out. Seems like I won't be missing anything.
It does bother me that BFG guarantees the games to work and then they don't.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 28, 11 8:53 AM
Yeah, I've only had one game EVER....and I've demoed and bought a LOT of games here...that had a problem...and this game shut down before I could even play once.

And yes, everything is up to date!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Feb 28, 11 12:15 PM
Everything's up to date here too, and yet the game froze as soon as I placed the pieces of the first map.
Emergency shutdown did not work, so I had to allow the trial to expire -which means 1 hour in which the computer was useless-.

rlppep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rlppep on Feb 28, 11 12:18 PM
Game shut down after first round and would not play even after started again. Computer just came back from shop with everything updated and everything else plays.

[Post New]by bettaDeb115 on Feb 28, 11 5:26 PM
I played for about 5 minutes and then it just froze up. All my stuff is up to date too and this game, like other newer Match 3's, was moving in slow motion. Had to F4 to get out of it. Some others just kick you out when they freeze up.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Feb 28, 11 9:32 PM
Because Michael_Pukalo/Game Dev was so nice in the review forum I decided to go ahead and post my tech issue here.

First play game shut down just before I could start the actual match 3 game section. I restarted the game today, and I was able to play one match 3 game, and then the game shut down on its own again just at the point my first match 3 finished.

I'm running a slightly older version of Vista on a Toshiba laptop. I'm not sure what is up to date and what is not, but I've not had anything quite like this kind of trouble on any other game from BFG.

Good luck.

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Mar 2, 11 12:56 PM
birdboysf wrote:The game never started, lost some trial time and reinstalled a few times. Each time Windows gave me a fatal exception error. So I gave up.
The good news is that as the reviews for the game haven't been too great, I guess I am fine with not getting to try this one out. Seems like I won't be missing anything.
It does bother me that BFG guarantees the games to work and then they don't.[/quote

I had the same problem when I tried to open my game also.

Edited on 03/02/2011 at 12:56:53 PM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 5, 11 9:16 AM
Hi everyone!

We have an updated version of Akhra: The Treasures available now that includes the following changes:

- There are no longer any missing map parts
- The timer has been removed for casual mode
- Improved tutorial and pace

If the update hasn't already populated to your Game Manager, please see this thread for more info:

UPDATE! New version available for Akhra: The Treasures! March 4, 2011

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on May 10, 11 9:14 PM
Mine froze after finishing the last level and it showed the next puzzle but I couldn't click on anything.

Had to force close the game. However, when I restarted it, it gave me the big trophy and the earnings seem to be there. Still have to go through the dang thing again.

Edit: It froze at the same point again, and the screen takes up a quarter or a third of the whole screen. Not sure if having fullscreen on has anything to do with it.

Edit2: Just got to it this morning with windowed mode and it works fine, so theres something up with fullscreen and that last bit.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 8:47:02 AM PST

Go to: