IvvyM
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Chap3 Compass on gravestone...

[Post New]by IvvyM on Feb 28, 11 9:38 AM
If I try to put M. stick on symbol Carol comments: " I need to do something first" .... then nothing . What room is she meant to end up in & how? No text message comes.. tried going straight to mailbox, but nothing in it.What am I not doing or haven't done, right?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Chap3 Compass on gravestone...

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 10:54 AM
I'm a little confused about where you are in the game and what isn't working correctly.

You put the compass on the gravestone and then the measuring tape. That takes you to the spot in the yard where you find the item.

A text message usually refers to a message on the phone. I think CR has a phone or finds one. Check the phones for a text message.

If this doesn't help, please tell me more so I can try to get you playing again.

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 10:56:32 AM PST

IvvyM
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by IvvyM on Feb 28, 11 2:50 PM
I put the compass on the grave stone (the large compass points appear), but am unable to put the measuring tape down -This is when Carol comments: " I need to look at something first" .... then nothing. No phone message etc

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 3:43 PM
Have you gotten information on where the item is buried? like directions etc? You have to have those directions before this will work. You also have to have something to dig with. I don't remember exactly where both of those items come from right now.

Have you checked the walkthrough?

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 3:44:00 PM PST

IvvyM
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Re:Chap3 Compass on gravestone.. digging.

[Post New]by IvvyM on Feb 28, 11 11:20 PM
.. I cant find anything re digging etc in WT? Is the measuring stick different from the Measuring tape/ I have tried using a stick from my inventor (no joy) - not sure if is measuring stick!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 11:48 PM
Sorry, the digging is much later in the game than I think you are at right now.
It has to be the measuring tape that you put on the compass. I think the walkthru term is wrong. The only stick I can think of is the pool stick and that's not right to use here.

You should find a measuring tape in the church yard. It is shown in the walkthru a couple of pictures above the grave.

Chap3 Compass on gravestone...

[Post New]by Parker on Mar 8, 11 5:08 AM
IvvyM wrote:If I try to put M. stick on symbol Carol comments: " I need to do something first" .... then nothing . What room is she meant to end up in & how? No text message comes.. tried going straight to mailbox, but nothing in it.What am I not doing or haven't done, right?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 8, 11 10:11 AM
Before you can use the measuring tape, you have to look at the Blue Madonna painting in St. Lydia's Church, find the measuring tape at St. Lydia's ruins, find info at the seamstress's house.

Go to: