PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by BarbieLicious on Feb 28, 11 4:31 PM
THIS GAME IS THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER SEEN ON BIG FISH AND I'VE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER FOR LIKE 3 YEARS!!!!!

THIS GAME DEVELOPER OBVIOUSLY JUST WANTED TO SHOW OFF HIS ART SKILLS INSTEAD OF MAKING A COMPREHENSIVE GAME!!

THE MOVEMENTS ARE DIZZYING AND WHEN YOU SCROLL OVER SOMETHING AND GET A MAGNAFYING GLASS, DON'T GET EXCITED CAUSE MOST OF THE TIME IT JUST SAYS STUFF LIKE "DUSTY VASE". AND WHEN YOU SCROLL OVER A PICTURE AND GET A MAGNIFYING GLASS, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO!!! YOU JUST LOOK AT THE STUPID PAINTING WITH NOT EVEN AN EXPLAINATION OF WHO IS IN THE PICTURE SO IT IBVIOUSLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE "GAME"!!

i RARELY WRITE REVIEWS AND WHEN I DO IT'S BECAUSE THE GAME IS REALLY GOOD BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS ONE IS A BOMN!!! I CAN'T EVEN CALL IT A "GAME"

 
Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Maven on Feb 28, 11 7:30 PM
Don't fret. I'm sure Diner Dash 9 will be out soon.


 
jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 28, 11 7:40 PM

Needed:
Patient looking around, practical and deductive reasoning with the expectation that this is a game that will last for days, not hours.

If you rely on walk-thrus for HOGs this is probably not for you.



 
mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 7:49 PM
Scratches was first released in North America on March 8, 2006.
It is the first commercial adventure game ever to be made in Argentina.

From Wiki......

@Maven Aaha

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 7:49:49 PM PST


 
sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Mar 1, 11 2:08 AM
Maven wrote:Don't fret. I'm sure Diner Dash 9 will be out soon.


lol!!!

@barbielicious: each to their own, ok? i happen to think this is an awesome game, it is certainly one of my faves now

 
hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 2, 11 1:23 AM
Barbie,

The use of all caps is like screaming! Right now my eyes are bleeding!

Why are you so upset? It's just a game. This one even offers a demo, so if someone doesn't like it they won't buy it.

Are you mad at BF? You don't have to answer. Just wondering.




 
Nemo_60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Nemo_60 on Mar 2, 11 2:47 AM
Hated It!!!!

 
blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by blessed34 on Mar 2, 11 5:09 PM
One of the best games I have ever played.

 
Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 2, 11 6:45 PM
I remember there was a great line in a Bob Dylan song that applies to a lot of the comments about this game. It went something like this:

"don't criticize what you don't understand".

As I posted on another thread. This is not the typical game that a lot of users are looking for on BF. This is a LF Adventure game.

If you have never played this type of game it is not like any of the "adventure lite" HOG/Adventure games that are usually offered.

This is a game to be savored and enjoyed. A game to explore and puzzle over. Take notes on and wander around in the environment for hours.

I am thrilled that BF went out of the box and offered this for those of us that appreciate this type of game. We appreciate it and hope for more.

Frankly, I don't get the point of the Diner Dash games but I would never presume to post a warning to others because I just can't see the point in playing them.

 
hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 6, 11 12:43 AM
LOVE that quote from Bob Dylan and will remember it from now on.

Thanx Boomer!

 
majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by majicbird on Mar 6, 11 12:21 PM
Just played about a half hour of the demo, not what I expected, but that's good! I don't think an hour demo will allow anyone to really figure it out. Wonderful graphics, but the looking around can make you dizzy. Completely confused me as to what your supposed to do, but intriguing.

 

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by dellinindyp on Mar 6, 11 1:44 PM
Oh my goodness this is the worst game I have ever tryed to play I got so dizzy that I had to close my eyes for a min. to get myself together. what in the world is game about. first of all it took 10 min. jus to get started, then all the rocks, im going aroung in circles what in the heck im just disappointed that I even downloade this mess, I hope someone can enjoy this but for me Big fish, this is giving you a bad rep. let this go to someone else. wow.

 
Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Gieyo on Mar 8, 11 1:36 PM
Probably not a game for everyone. So far I've demoed half hour and have been able to do little more than answer the phone and look around (and reading the diary, which I didn't find unsettling).

I consider myself rather logical, so as the guy keeps saying the trip from London left him exhausted I can't understand why on Earth I can't go up to leave my bags instead of carrying the around. I confess I just thought about trying to drop them in the entrance hall, maybe I'll do that on the next half hour

I will demo the whole hour as I also get the feeling this is a game that might be more than meets the eye... but I understand why it's not evryone's cup of tea, if you've had my luck, it's not very thrilling and the house reminds me of others seen in these sort of games. Still I like the little storyline unveiled so far, and think the graph quality is good. I feel a bit intrigued to know about the photographs.

Although I don't get dizzy I confess I'm no fan of 360º views: I always have the feeling its 360ª but looking through a toilette paper role... the area you see is so small!!! Come on guys, what about peripherical vision?

 
cmajal
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by cmajal on Mar 9, 11 9:12 PM
BarbieLicious wrote:THIS GAME IS THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER SEEN ON BIG FISH AND I'VE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER FOR LIKE 3 YEARS!!!!!

THIS GAME DEVELOPER OBVIOUSLY JUST WANTED TO SHOW OFF HIS ART SKILLS INSTEAD OF MAKING A COMPREHENSIVE GAME!!

THE MOVEMENTS ARE DIZZYING AND WHEN YOU SCROLL OVER SOMETHING AND GET A MAGNAFYING GLASS, DON'T GET EXCITED CAUSE MOST OF THE TIME IT JUST SAYS STUFF LIKE "DUSTY VASE". AND WHEN YOU SCROLL OVER A PICTURE AND GET A MAGNIFYING GLASS, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO!!! YOU JUST LOOK AT THE STUPID PAINTING WITH NOT EVEN AN EXPLAINATION OF WHO IS IN THE PICTURE SO IT IBVIOUSLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE "GAME"!!

i RARELY WRITE REVIEWS AND WHEN I DO IT'S BECAUSE THE GAME IS REALLY GOOD BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS ONE IS A BOMN!!! I CAN'T EVEN CALL IT A "GAME"

 
cmajal
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by cmajal on Mar 9, 11 9:16 PM
I totally agree with you.After the introduction,which was too long,the only thing i managed to do was open the glove box.After that i was dizzy.Found the barn and just didnt know where to go from there.The worst game ever and like you have purchased games since 2005.

 

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by PhoenixRider on Mar 9, 11 9:25 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with the speed of the game? I spent the first 20 minutes for it to get past the opening and the photos. It was almost like the flip book where you have the stick men changing slowly and you flip the pages to get the story. I don't know if it loaded wrong or my laptop just didn't process it right or what. I am not computer savvy but it just didn't seem right.

 
Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 14, 11 10:09 AM
Boomer47 wrote:I remember there was a great line in a Bob Dylan song that applies to a lot of the comments about this game. It went something like this:

don't criticize what you don't understand".

As I posted on another thread. This is not the typical game that a lot of users are looking for on BF. This is a LF Adventure game.
If you have never played this type of game it is not like any of the "adventure lite" HOG/Adventure games that are usually offered.
This is a game to be savored and enjoyed. A game to explore and puzzle over. Take notes on and wander around in the environment for hours.
I am thrilled that BF went out of the box and offered this for those of us that appreciate this type of game. We appreciate it and hope for more.
Frankly, I don't get the point of the Diner Dash games but I would never presume to post a warning to others because I just can't see the point in playing them.

Thanks Boomer - you summed this up admirably - too many are criticising this game because they don't understand it

If someone doesn't like a game because it's not their style fine to say so, but not fine to say that the game is rubbish because of that.

 
Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 14, 11 10:20 AM
I often wonder why, if some-one doesn't like a game, they have to do all the text in capitals.

You can get just as much effect with bold and italic in the right places!

Kel

 
Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 14, 11 10:43 AM
True kel
The odd emphasis here and there is far more effective

 
aubreean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE

[Post New]by aubreean on Mar 15, 11 3:09 PM
i cannot even get past the front yard not even to the front door. is this a glich or the game does it always run like this

 
 
 
 
Go to: