MaraWanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Welcome to Pictureka! - Museum Mayhem forum

[Post New]by MaraWanna on Dec 10, 08 11:20 PM
Just finished the demo, making it thru the prehistoric hall and to level 3 in next hall.

What a great change of pace! I had a blast finding items that fit the categories, enjoyed the multi-card play (tho it would have been helpful if the game announced completed categories), and fun trying to stop the thief in the vault. I didn't understand the picture point rating (the dog across the top of the screen), but it didn't affect playability. Although gameplay is totally repetitive, this is a fine little family HO game.

Ah, well. I am becoming a serious HO/puzzle addict, so this little pretty will probably not join my collection unless it's on clearance ... or I decide to add it to my "relaxing games" collection with Fizzball, Zenerchi, & Fairies.

Oudespoor
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Oudespoor on Dec 11, 08 1:16 AM
I've downloaded this game onto 3 different computers (all different specs) and it doesn't want to open on any of them when I click on the Play Now button in BFG manager or on the shortcut on my desktop, anybody else having this problem.

[Post New]by carmeibiza on Dec 11, 08 1:45 AM
same problem as you, when i press the start buuton, the game gets freezed and have to restart the computer

[Post New]by smidgieroo on Dec 11, 08 7:35 AM
Unfortunately no, it didn't I couldn't use my pogo acct with it. really wanted to too.

[Post New]by almitch on Dec 11, 08 8:00 AM
i cant open this game either. never had this problem before. whats up with that? can anyone help?

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Dec 11, 08 9:11 AM
I also cannot open this game. I am going to get in touch with customer support. If enough fishes get in touch, they will know they have a problem.

[Post New]by tink1115 on Dec 11, 08 1:29 PM
nixyseven wrote:I'm really disappointed that I can't access my pogo account through this game, considering I was able to access my account with other pogo downloadable game I got through here, like the Operation Mania one.

I can't use Oberon Games (the distributor the EA site uses) on my computer, so I guess this means I won't be able to play this one using my pogo account. That's so disappointing!

I actually submitted a customer service question through the EA Pogo website asking about accessing our Club Pogo account with this game. I have belonged to Pogo for years, and this is the first time that I have not received any response to my question.

Hmmmmm - hoping it's a glitch and that we eventually will be able to access our pogo account with Pictureka - otherwise I'm not going to bother to purchase this one.

[Post New]by soulfulone on Dec 11, 08 3:15 PM
quote=nixyseven]I'm really disappointed that I can't access my pogo account through this game, considering I was able to access my account with other pogo downloadable game I got through here, like the Operation Mania one.

I can't use Oberon Games (the distributor the EA site uses) on my computer, so I guess this means I won't be able to play this one using my pogo account. That's so disappointing!

Well that just stinks. I also have a pogo acct and would like to get this game but if it is not connecting then i guess I will wait for a fix.

thanks
soulfulone

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Dec 11, 08 7:02 PM
I just finished the demo, and while I'm boogly-eyed from it, the whimsical graphics are a scream. It's certainly different. Since the items are not realistic, it's a different kind of search. And if it's not as complicated as something like Return to Ravenhurst, you also don't need a 300-page instruction book to play it.

sullyr33
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by sullyr33 on Dec 11, 08 9:45 PM
i am soo disapointed i am going to write ea at this very moment and wait for no response as well lol

[Post New]by gkhars on Dec 11, 08 10:28 PM
BIG FISH DID REPLY TO ME AND THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME AND ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY PEOPLE CANNOT PLAY THE GAME AFTER IT IS DOWNLOADED. THEY ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO ME WHEN THEY HAVE FIGURED IT OUT. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Dec 13, 08 7:02 AM
Thanks for the info that BFG are aware of the problem with 'Pictureka' - that's why I accessed this Forum as a newcomer.

[Post New]by nellie34 on Dec 13, 08 9:10 AM
Am glad to hear its not just me..have downloaded and uninstalled several times now...nothing happening when i try to play. Hoping we all get a solution really soon..even though Ive been told its not a good game i would like the chance to find out for myself

[Post New]by bjs77099 on Dec 13, 08 11:39 PM
I got the game to load and it plays really well but I sure would like to access Pogo.
Course my eyes are now cross-eyed.

[Post New]by cricket112 on Dec 14, 08 1:01 AM
Hi all it is just like all the other Pogo games that u buy through here i got my 2 mini outfits from this game....but i don't like the game it is to stressful for me....the outfits that i won are in my closet......take of u....Merry Christmas....!!!

[Post New]by soulfulone on Dec 15, 08 3:13 PM
cricket112 wrote:Hi all it is just like all the other Pogo games that u buy through here i got my 2 mini outfits from this game....but i don't like the game it is to stressful for me....the outfits that i won are in my closet......take of u....Merry Christmas....!!!

Did you get the badges also for the game?

[Post New]by tink1115 on Dec 16, 08 4:40 PM
I still have got nothing but the runaround from Pogo, so I asked the question regarding Pogo accounts with this game to Big Fish. Big Fish responded in a timely manner - their answer was that Pogo doesn't provide them with the Pictureka version.

This is just another example of why Big Fish is miles ahead of Pogo in customer service. Not only were they prompt, they provided me with a free game credit for "my trouble." In a time when everyone is watching their costs - Big Fish continues to provide its club members with games at reasonable costs, why Club Pogo is constantly trying to milk their subscribers with extra costs for "premium albums," "gems," etc.

Thank you Big Fish!!!

[Post New]by chellebelle01 on Dec 29, 08 12:54 PM
gkhars wrote:BIG FISH DID REPLY TO ME AND THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME AND ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY PEOPLE CANNOT PLAY THE GAME AFTER IT IS DOWNLOADED. THEY ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO ME WHEN THEY HAVE FIGURED IT OUT. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

Did you ever hear back? I haven't been able to get this to work either.

[Post New]by shenval on Dec 30, 08 2:50 PM
I have been trying to get this game to work for over a week. I have tried everything in the help files and finally got a response from customer support. Unfortunately, everything the support tech told me to do was the same as in the help files plus a few more detailed suggestions - none of which has worked.
My last message to support was sent early this morning and no response has been received yet.

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 16, 09 6:56 AM
I like this game and was glad to see it get to Big Fish. It's a good twist to Hidden Object games! Thanks Big Fish!

Go to: