bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 10, 08 4:24 PM
Welcome to Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Welcome to Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™ forum

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 11, 08 12:24 AM
I have finished this game (it is nicely long), and my judgment is mixed. It is a nice game, with some very interesting puzzles, but the user interface leaves a lot to be desired. Particularly annoying to me were three things. First, it can be immensely difficult to get into the puzzles. I know "help" says to just drag the item over the flashing puzzle icon, but this often does not seem to work until you do it several times, and meanwhile you search around for some other way forward, unsuccessfully. Second, the hint function is totally useless for anything other than finding an HO. Third, I find it very annoying that the advice boxes (like the ever-present ones that say "I need something") do not close unless you click on them directly. In almost all other games, the box closes on its own once you move to the next action. This last problem had me stumbling all the way to the end of the game.

That being said, though, the game is fun, original, sometimes funny, well done graphically, and seems to have some historical accuracy. (Mata Hari was actually middle-aged and hardly svelte, and there is some question as to how much of a spy she really was, much less for whom, but at least some locations and people in the game are taken from real history.)

All in all, I would recommend this game, although you should be prepared for some interface frustration, especially in the beginning. Once you get used to the problems, they are not impossible to overcome.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 11, 08 12:29 AM
To CharliBrown: I had the same problem you did. It is hard to figure out at first that you have to find several (4?) pipes, and until you find them all, the pipe box will not allow you to put anything in it. Once you find all the pipes, the box becomes the gateway to a puzzle, and a rather nice one, too.

HELP!!! Mouse in Last Board?

[Post New]by kfredericks on Dec 12, 08 10:58 PM
I know I am supposed to give the mouse the apple in the map room of mata hari (last board, I think?) but it won't let me give it to it...does anyoen know what specifically I am doing wrong?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

HELP!!! Mouse in Last Board?

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 12, 08 11:20 PM
kfredericks wrote:I know I am supposed to give the mouse the apple in the map room of mata hari (last board, I think?) but it won't let me give it to it...does anyoen know what specifically I am doing wrong?

Use your glove on the mouse......

[Post New]by CharliBrown on Dec 15, 08 10:04 AM
Well, I just finished the game. I found it to be different from most, of which I really enjoyed. I find that games like this, only sharpen my mind more. Bravo to all those who had a part in making it. Hope to see more like it.

[Post New]by jasmin_fino on Dec 15, 08 9:21 PM
CharliBrown wrote:This game is a little confussing...now I'm stuck on level 3 in the green room. I can't get the smoking thing out of the cabnit...it keeps saying "I need something"...but what...Ihave everything else. HELP

Hi were you able to find out how to finish the green room puzzle? I have been clicking on it for hours now and i still don't get it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 15, 08 9:22 PM
jasmin_fino wrote:
CharliBrown wrote:This game is a little confussing...now I'm stuck on level 3 in the green room. I can't get the smoking thing out of the cabnit...it keeps saying "I need something"...but what...Ihave everything else. HELP

Hi were you able to find out how to finish the green room puzzle? I have been clicking on it for hours now and i still don't get it.

I'll try to help, but I'm not sure what you mean by the "green Room" Can you give a better description of the puzzle?

Edited on 12/15/2008 at 9:23:24 PM PST

[Post New]by jasmin_fino on Dec 15, 08 9:35 PM
prpldva wrote:
jasmin_fino wrote:

I'll try to help, but I'm not sure what you mean by the "green Room" Can you give a better description of the puzzle?

Oh, its by Major William's room, this little chess table, every time i click it states I need to do something; i tried the statue, the papers, satchel, I have no idea actually how to to this.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 15, 08 9:44 PM
Ah- ok- Put the statue on the hole in the bridge and you will get some tokens, Use the tokens with the chess board,,,

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Dec 16, 08 12:31 PM
Can anyone tell me where the sword is in Spain? I have looked and looked but can't find it,

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Dec 16, 08 12:36 PM
I enjoyed this game although it was much to short. The in game hints were helpful but a few times I need other gamers help.

[Post New]by JenniKaye on Dec 24, 08 10:27 PM
Help! Stuck in level nine! Found everything but the twig and hints don't seem to do anything, just tells me to check the other screen. Mousing over both tooms doesn't give me a puzzle cursor or anything.

thanks in advance

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 25, 08 6:29 AM
JenniKaye wrote:Help! Stuck in level nine! Found everything but the twig and hints don't seem to do anything, just tells me to check the other screen. Mousing over both tooms doesn't give me a puzzle cursor or anything.

thanks in advance

Hi Jennikaye- welcome to the forums!

I think the twig was in the plant in the bathroom...

wartie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wartie on Feb 14, 09 9:27 PM
i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one
wartie

Edited on 04/09/2009 at 10:10:58 PM PST

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 26, 09 7:40 AM
This was a cool game , it makes you think 5

wartie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wartie on Apr 9, 09 10:23 PM
wartie wrote:i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one
wartie

wartie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wartie on Apr 10, 09 12:29 AM
solved that thanks to forum .

[Post New]by trinkette on Feb 15, 10 7:16 PM
wartie wrote:
wartie wrote:i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one
wartie

I also need help with level 5 section 3. Can someone help? Thanks!

Edited on 02/15/2010 at 7:18:46 PM PST

[Post New]by trinkette on Feb 15, 10 8:03 PM
I finally figured it out, myself. Thanks anyway!

Go to: