wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soul Journey

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Mar 1, 11 1:34 AM
I've just finished the trial hour and I must say I was really starting to get into it! It's a little bit slow to start off with - no tutorial or help - but once you get the hang of things it's really good fun.

The English isn't top notch - however to me it began starting to sound a bit poetical! It was quite nice how the character was describing the new sensations in each body

I'm still not entirely sure if I'll buy it, simply because I got quite far in an hour and don't want to waste a credit if I've nearly finished it anyway. Will wait until I see a walkthrough or something before deciding.

All in all - definitely worth a try, but try and get past the first 'body' so you can get a true sense of it.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 1, 11 1:44 AM
Hi fishies,

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread for your convenience !

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 1, 11 1:58 AM

Thanks Goofy,
I agree:

its light-hearted

its not the same old haunted mansion, grandpa/grandma hunting story,

It's very different and I enjoyed starting out as a golden retriever (my choice)

[Post New]by adventure777 on Mar 1, 11 2:06 AM
This is one cute game, very sweet puppies in the beginning and it's a good HOG try. However, it's for the fishies who like straight HOGs. Very original story and cheerful mood.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 1, 11 2:26 AM
this game actually turned out to be fairly interesting... i was amazed by how quickly i changed bodies, though... it was like the object of the game was to get to the next road marker as quickly as possible - something akin to the amazing race!

as a dog, i wondered how a dog would actually perform the feats i had to complete... then to be thrust into the body of a bird? i had bounced through five different bodies by the time the hour ended and found myself wondering just how many more were there...

the mechanics are a little different... for those of you who, like me, are used to backing out of rooms and going through doors/windows to get to the next area... not so here, every move is navigated by the map [as we saw earlier in cave quest ] and it can be a little disorienting at first... looking for that arrow that never appears...

the music is really light and i have to say that at several points i thought the game had simply gone silent - oh well better than some hideous noise that you have to mute if you want to play the game...

and the angel - reminded me of "chances are" [an older film starring robert downey jr and cybill shepherd, where he comes back as her dead husband and they fall in love all over again] because in the movie, when the husband dies, he gets off the escalator in heaven and fights anyone and everyone to get back right away because he needs to be with his wife... he escapes without the "forget your previous life" injection and romantic comedy ensues...

not that i think being shrunk to mouse-size is any way romantic or comedic - it would be downright terrifying if you think about it!

anyway, i enjoyed this little romp - not entirely sure about purchasing, but feel there's enough whimsy for a definite DD!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 1, 11 2:54 AM
Well it is certainly different that's for sure lol. I spent ages looking for the footprint before remembering that I was now a and should therefore have been looking for a pawprint but I found one of them in the end ... had a job to see the other even with a hint as it was so small. It is a good job that the hints refill because I had to use more than one and for that reason this is a no buy for me.

Cherb

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 1, 11 2:59 AM
Sounds like a buy for me. My sister and mother are simple folk who just like regular HOGS without too much complication. I know that the latest MCF set in Louisiana was a little difficult. Sometimes easy is better and I enjoy easy from time to time.

dino_14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dino_14 on Mar 1, 11 3:23 AM
It is cool to play this game. I like it. good story and graphics.I am realy interesting in this game.

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 3:29:06 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 1, 11 3:24 AM
Different story line. Nice graphics. Cute dog. Music wasn't annoying. I like straight HOGs. But....I had to use hints more times than I want to count in the 16 minutes that I played and that's it for me -- it's a no buy.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 1, 11 3:52 AM
I love the story and think it's adorable. With that said, it's not for me. The cursor moves way to slow and the items are to small and hard to find. I wish it played better, because I would love to have it. But it's a no buy for me. For those of you who like it, have fun, it's cute and I would have like to have known what happens in the end.

‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Mar 1, 11 3:55 AM
Thanks goofyduck for yet another great review.
I wil go ahead and buy this game, as you say its different but this time no dead (or missing parents/grandparents). Honestly these days kids will loose anything!
What time do you get up in the morning to complete your great in depth reviews or do you stay up all night?
Thanks once again purplehatlady

easybake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by easybake on Mar 1, 11 3:57 AM
Uh oh, I'm posting again. Could this mean a bad review?

No, not this time

I agree with previous posts. Despite such a serious topic, it is instead taken with a light-hearted, humorous approach. There is no real mystery to solve; I'm not trying to save the world/a city/my family and or friends/myself from impending doom. I'm just helping out living beings while in an in-between state so I can prove that I'm worthy of a second chance at life, which I probably will get (I hope? I think so, but I don't know because I only played through the demo ). I think my only problem with this game is that some things were too difficult to find (size-wise, or because they were so close to the bottom of my screen that I wouldn't think to look there) and I ended up using more hints than I usually do.. or maybe I was just too lazy to really look.

Other than that, graphics were fine. Grammar was a bit iffy, but the whole premise of the game helped me to look past the grammar.

Anyway, I liked it. It was.. refreshing? Simple, kind of like taking a deep breath.. adeepbreaththatIdidntgetfromslingomystery2 .. I think I needed it.

Even then, I don't think I will be purchasing this. Not now, at least. It would be good for a Daily Deal or Catch of the Week kind of thing.

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 3:58:41 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 1, 11 4:33 AM
Delightful change of pace. It's much longer than you might realize. I have been playing for over 3 1/2 hours and still not finished.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 1, 11 4:45 AM
This is a hog with a little bit interactivity. The graphic is average. I have used several hints in my trial time, because many objects are tiny. Overall a no buy for me

ToadyIAm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ToadyIAm on Mar 1, 11 5:16 AM
I do not have to go into a long dissertation to say --- No Buy --- It is very boring . I buy the CE --- they are worth the time, they are longer and the money is extremely reasonable. . After being with BF for three years, I have learned that the CE's are the only ones that are very intellectual, enticing, and the basis of the stories -- ( to say in plain words) You have to be smart to play them
Have a happy day and good gaming

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 1, 11 5:22 AM
I echo everything Goofy wrote.

It is a cute little game with a very funny storyline LOL.

One scene I was playing as fast as I could so the poor girl could change bodies before she humiliated herself on stage LOL.

It may be a simple uncomplicated IHOG but it is more difficult than first appears.

The very generous hint system is a God send, although I must admit, I found the game easier as I went along, I suppose because I got the hang of it.

It is well worth my credit.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 1, 11 5:35 AM
I tried to like this game but found some items too small and/or camouflaged. As others have said, I had to rely on the hint too many times. I also found the spinning cursor annoying...if you clicked 3 times without a successful click it spun.

The hint system was nice as it refilled quickly but you are able to store only 3 hints at a time.

Happy gaming

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 1, 11 5:47 AM
I played 17 minutes of the demo, so I'm not sure if this gets better, but it's a no buy for me. Maybe at $2.99 I would consider it. The grands might like to play it, but I found it boring and the English was atrocious. So many of the items are blended into the background you end up using a lot of hints to get through the scene. For those who like it, happy gaming.

catnip5
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by catnip5 on Mar 1, 11 5:56 AM
Love this game! It's bright and cheery, a 'happy' game. Nice change from the dark, creepy ones. Love the music (upbeat), and the dog. Knew I would buy it long before the trial ended.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 1, 11 6:12 AM
I tried this game for about 15 min and I had to stop because I just didn't like it at all. I think it looks cheap and the HOs are so hidden I needed to use a magnifying glass fo see them.

Go to: