bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Ice Cream Craze: Natural Hero

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 2, 11 1:40 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Ice Cream Craze: Natural Hero? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ice Cream Craze: Natural Hero

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 2, 11 5:17 AM
Hi all.

I agree with the above.

You have a choice to do 1 or 2 things a day.

Basically you have @ 7 fruits to maintain & 1 oppotunity a day to buy a fruit that will give you freshness points, that translates into % & £££.

The freshness wains daily so you have to keep on your toes.

Having said that, your second choice is to either work for cash or buy lessons in a skill.

If you opt for cash, there are hidden fruits for you to find while serving customers which if found, you will be rewarded by a full freshness score.

The other option is to pay for a skill. Here you are given a challenge to serve but when completed you increase that skill, e.g. speed, singing (to soothe the customers) reshuffling the line up etc.

My only gripe so far is there was not a log in option so I can not change players or let any of my rugrats play until I have finished.

All in all a very good startegy game.

It reminds me of the diner dash game where you had to work out what recipe for what customer. Totally different but similar thought processes.

8/10 for it's genre. 7/10 over all.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 2, 11 7:27 AM
Very cute tm-game. I had a little bit technical problems today, so now buy yet, but i will try this later again. A good game

maggiegs
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maggiegs on Mar 2, 11 8:38 AM
Is there any way for more than one player to play? I don't see any place to enter any other profiles. Am I missing it?

[Post New]by stewama on Mar 2, 11 8:43 AM
maggiegs wrote:Is there any way for more than one player to play? I don't see any place to enter any other profiles. Am I missing it?

"Click to Change Player" can be found in the bottom left corner of the title screen.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 2, 11 9:12 AM
[i]What's with all these silly games. Bring on IHOG/HOG. My apologies to those who like these games. But I am home sick and I want to play games. I know, I know it's not about me. LOL

maggiegs
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maggiegs on Mar 2, 11 9:30 AM
stewama wrote:
maggiegs wrote:Is there any way for more than one player to play? I don't see any place to enter any other profiles. Am I missing it?

"Click to Change Player" can be found in the bottom left corner of the title screen.

Thank you, Stewama, I had to switch from full screen to see it.

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Mar 2, 11 10:22 AM
angelfishsb wrote:[i]What's with all these silly games. Bring on IHOG/HOG. My apologies to those who like these games. But I am home sick and I want to play games. I know, I know it's not about me. LOL

Today's release is a HOG.

With all due respect, for the last three months I've not been able to complete a punch card for wont of TMs. I usually have to buy them from the developers because BFG is so full of iHOGs & HOGs. So when TMs show up here, I already have them. This one I don't. So... cool!

I'm also away from home but I don't complain that BFG doesn't gear directly to me, I just make due with what's given.

As far as a review of this game, it shows up in my window & I cannot expand it so that distracts me & also makes it difficult to click in areas on the bottom of the screen. It LOOKS very interesting & I'll keep trying (I have another Ice Cream Craze that I really enjoyed).

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Mar 2, 11 11:01 AM
I agree with the previous reviews and love this game.I even bought it before end of the trial !!

There is so much to do that I am just afraid of a new addicting game.Its difficult to leave it.

Just one thing more : Gaining skills become very challenging.

LOVE TM games and feel spoiled with this one.Besides : No technical issue at this point.

[Post New]by KitchenTable on Mar 2, 11 1:53 PM
First of all -- Thanks, Big Fish, for offering TWO TIME MANAGEMENT GAMES (this Ice Cream Craze and Cake Shop 3) in ONE WEEK! I was so used to a seemingly endless parade of dreary, occult-themed HOGs, that I scarcely know what to do with my good fortune this week! Of course, I bought both Cake Shop 3 and "Craze" immediately.

That said, is anybody having trouble with the non-linear nature of this game? I'm finding it difficult to visualize my goal...

Edited on 03/02/2011 at 1:53:44 PM PST

[Post New]by jackfaithsmom on Mar 2, 11 3:07 PM
I really enjoyed this game and am looking forward to buying it. I enjoyed the first Ice Cream Craze game and this one didn't disappoint. Really cute and fun TM game.

Yorkenshaw
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Yorkenshaw on Mar 3, 11 3:57 AM
I have played the demo and thought it very good, so a buy for me. I did have the first game, but it kept crashing and I found it a bit boring after a while, but this one has so much to do and think about. I mean which order do you buy fruits etc so it must have a good replay value. I am not finding it easy though, still very challenging so far.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Mar 3, 11 5:17 AM
Ok... I came here to post my glee about this TM sequel but my glee was temporarily stifled due to the complaint about HOGs.... Seriously? What nerve is that when every other game released is some form of HOG. What's worse is when a game that's really a HOG is mislabeled as a TM (e.g., Shop-N-Spree Family Fortune). Sigh....

Back on topic: this is a nice game. You can tell that the developers took a lot of time to incorporate details to enhance this sequel. Lots of opportunities to strategize. if you're a TM purist like me, you'll like this game.

I will add that it's been nice to have a few more choices for TM games in recent weeks, e.g., Fix-It-Up Eighties, Ice Cream Craze: Natural Hero. HOGs dominate the market, unfortunately, so maybe those who prefer those games are less appreciative.... Must be nice.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Mar 3, 11 11:55 AM
angelfishsb wrote:[i]What's with all these silly games. Bring on IHOG/HOG. My apologies to those who like these games. But I am home sick and I want to play games. I know, I know it's not about me. LOL

If you have to apoligize for what you just said then why say it?

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Mar 3, 11 3:56 PM
Opened the game and was fascinated by it. Nice graphics. But when I started playing disappointed. The game is very slow! Everything is done very slowly and it annoyed me. I was ready to smash the monitor so that this girl was faster. I deleted the game.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Mar 3, 11 9:47 PM
Cute game but after playing 25 minutes, and fighting Dr. Bane, I ran into a bug where my character would not move and/or deliver ice cream to the customer. Although the game was enjoyable, I just wasn't into it enough to retry it and quit the game.

The game is cute, you are given goals to meet and the freshness of your fruit factors into your market share. You have the choice to buy fresh fruit to serve, earn cash for free or learn a skill that will help you with your customers. The gameplay itself is pretty simple but I'm sure this game will get frantic enough with time. As customers come in, you must serve them the proper combinations of ice cream treats, and sometimes you have added challenges such as finding hidden fruits on the screen while you're serving people. I would rate this game at a 3.5 for originality in gameplay.

P.S. I also find it highly rude that people constantly feel the need to moan and complain every time something other than an IHOG adventure is released when they are a nearly everyday occurrence here.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 4, 11 10:27 AM
What a great game!

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Mar 4, 11 3:25 PM
kpacoma wrote:Opened the game and was fascinated by it. Nice graphics. But when I started playing disappointed. The game is very slow! Everything is done very slowly and it annoyed me. I was ready to smash the monitor so that this girl was faster. I deleted the game.

You can buy upgrades to make it faster.............

[Post New]by arhart79 on Mar 5, 11 6:09 AM
dakotanprudle wrote:
kpacoma wrote:Opened the game and was fascinated by it. Nice graphics. But when I started playing disappointed. The game is very slow! Everything is done very slowly and it annoyed me. I was ready to smash the monitor so that this girl was faster. I deleted the game.

You can buy upgrades to make it faster.............

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 5, 11 12:28 PM
I much prefer TM games, but this one? Not for me - deleted it after 10 minutes.

Go to: