Finding Dogg

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

Finding Dogg

[Post New]by dussgemma on Dec 11, 08 12:24 AM
Just seen this one! As i came online. It seems to be another HO game. I guess i will give it a try.

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

Re:Finding Dogg

[Post New]by dussgemma on Dec 11, 08 1:15 AM
Lol, i think i might give it a miss as well...

PapillonMom
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by PapillonMom on Dec 11, 08 2:25 AM
Cute, easy match three

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by dussgemma on Dec 11, 08 2:58 AM
It is a bit cute? Ain't it..

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Dec 11, 08 3:14 AM
Yes I will have to pass on this one as well Looks like a cute game for younger kids.

I really want to see a GREAT HO/ adventure game!!! Please Pretty pleeease!!

BIRDRED
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by BIRDRED on Dec 11, 08 4:02 AM
i too, like match 3 games , but this is the second one to freeze up on me ,in treasuers 2 i got to level 33 and everything left, so i contacted BFG AND THET REPLACED IT ,BUT I BOUGHT finding doggy w/ coupon and it froze on level 2-10, so i havent been having alot of lately . already contacted BFG .

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 11, 08 5:11 AM
Played the one hour trial this morning without encountering any technical issues. This is a fun match game geared for possibly a younger audience but it kept my attention. Not that that means squat. Anyway's...

If you're looking for a family or childrens matching game... this would work perfectly. So for that reason, I give this game a .

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 11, 08 5:25 AM
It was rather interesting if you like match 3 games, however I'm currently stuck. For some reason the doggy's trail on this level forces it to go through a path between hedges, but there are no tiles there. I don't think the hedges can be destroyed. Either there's a bug in the program (should have generated tiles that you can match in that path) or I was supposed to collect some kind of special object back before I got stuck in this area of the board.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 11, 08 6:06 AM
This one did not appeal to me ... at least I still have Rooms, Fairway Solitaire, and Fishdom to fall back on.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 11, 08 10:15 AM
Cute- but another geared towards the younger set.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 11, 08 10:32 AM
I think I may be in the minority on this one. I am actually happy that BFG are putting out games that we feel are more child friendly. I was wondering how/when/if they did that. I can't begrudge the kids a new game or two -- after all, BFG has really outdone themselves for us "grown-up" fishies.

Besides, I've been really looking for a good game for my Nephews --- I have found it!!!!!

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by dussgemma on Dec 12, 08 12:21 AM
Finding Dogg Voting Board

Recently this game has not captured peoples attention....Once again we are back to the thumbs up & thumbs down board...

5 5

Looks like it's a draw, so buyers, this game is suitable for everyone (preferable for the younger ones) but it looks like it can be sort of a boring game & sort of a very cute little game.

Happy gaming,
Duss

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Dec 12, 08 2:32 AM
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll.........I think you might have been just a tad fast on the judging......

If you were to actually buy the game and play it to the end you might find it gets a bit more challenging and a whole lot more fun. I give it a big

I play a lot of games that use brain power, and a lot of games that I have to work hard at. Sometimes it's nice to have one you can just sit back and relax and enjoy.

Or....... maybe I'm just lame but I liked it and bought it.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 12, 08 9:45 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Finding Doggy.

Happy gaming!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 14, 08 1:37 PM
Count me in on the "maybe I'm just lame" group. I bought this game, too. And I'm enjoying the heck out of. While it started off easy enough - it becomes more challenging as they game progresses.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 15, 08 1:07 PM
I've played the game four times now, and have had no freezing or "stuck" problems. I did find one level (on my fourth go-round) that could not be solved. There were always moves (or the screen reset), but none of them gave me access to the bonuses I needed to explode the triple crate I was parked behind. I suspect I missed something critical earlier on that level. I let the time run out and replayed the level with a new life with no problem. (Hurt my pride at still not having a game with no loss of life at all, though.)

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 15, 08 9:33 PM
Hi Jupiter51! Have you ever played it on just one life? I'm just wondering if it can be done.

[Post New]by SliverFlash on Dec 16, 08 1:21 PM
I don't play a lot of match 3 games. This one is cute, and I'm enjoying the game very much, but I can't figure out what constitues a Combo. Can anybody help me?

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 16, 08 2:31 PM
Welcome, SiverFlash! This game doesn't say specifically, but with most Match 3 games a "combo" is a move that generates at least one other move. In other words, as you remove game pieces, others cascade and match themselves, and also score (without you doing anything more). Normally, you get extra points for 2X, 3X, etc. combos. The longer the cascade, the bigger the multiplier.

I'm finding that trying to plan combos in this game is pretty hard, because I'm mostly trying to beat the obstacles while not running out of time. If you make it to endless mode, that's a place where combos come a little easier.

I hope I helped.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 16, 08 4:05 PM
What I've noticed is if you make a match using one tile type, then another match using the same tile type, that's a combo. As long as you continue making matching using the exact same shape+color tile, the combo builds.

Go to: