bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 3, 11 12:05 AM
Deep in the English countryside, Edwina Margrave has returned to the cottage where her parents died, eager to speak with the one person who might shed light on the tragedy – the volatile landlady, Miss Thorn. But her shocking revelations are not what Edwina expected! Enlist the aid of the spirit world and evade the wrath of a disfigured beast as you explore Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart, a heart-breaking Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 9:06:14 AM PST

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Mar 3, 11 12:34 AM
Hi!

This is almost the first time a collector's edition did not do it for me...... the graphics are too grainy for my taste but i am a little picky i'm afraid. The story did not engage me for some reason either so it looks like a no buy for me....................

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 3, 11 12:37 AM
How strange it is that the only two of us who have posted have such different views of this game. Like I said on the other thread, I think the graphics are lovely, voices are good, and they had me at Spiritfire and Shadowfoot, lol. And I love the storyline. Ok full game ready now...back to play some more.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 12:38:41 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 3, 11 12:40 AM

I'm happy with the voice acting, the music and the graphics....just not grabbed by the story.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 3, 11 12:47 AM
Downloading, wanted to get an idea. It seems I'll have to make my own as you all disagree !!! The graphics looked beautiful....

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Mar 3, 11 12:48 AM
Gentlegirl, hold your opinion until the SE comes out other than that i can't say i am currently d/loading it will get back to you.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 3, 11 12:56 AM
Very good graphics, fast hints recharge, and of course Strategy Guide, to which I am addicted in this kind of games... If I can "see" the match stick - it's enough for me.

No tech problems, game returns to the saved screen.

For me it's a buy! Thanks developers, thanks BF!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 12:57:30 AM PST

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Mar 3, 11 1:05 AM
The graphics are very crisp and clear, hints recharge fast, storyline is intriguing. This is a buy for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 3, 11 1:09 AM
I like the game already and I played only 25 min. It's a buy for me.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 3, 11 3:52 PM
Not quite up to the standards of the other CE's I've purchased, it is none the less a fun game. It is a purchase for me

[Post New]by gilamonster on Mar 3, 11 6:09 PM
I played the trial only for 20 minutes, and could plainly see this is a very poorly formated program, immature, and for first-timers, or teen-agers.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 3, 11 7:20 PM
I purchased and finished. Took me a little over 5 hours including bonus.
Lovely game.
I suppose it has a scary element to it but I found it quite relaxing. The graphics in most scenes were very nice. I did enjoy the storyline and it held my interest.
As CEs go this one is not bad at all IMO.
Glad I bought it.

Happy gaming.

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Mar 12, 11 4:43 PM
katiepops wrote:The graphics are very crisp and clear, hints recharge fast, storyline is intriguing. This is a buy for me.

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Mar 12, 11 4:54 PM
I totally agree with you. I thought the story was good, the hint system when used in conjunction with the the story line system was very helpful. I think this is a good one for gamers who are not so experienced to 'cut their teeth on'.

Being English I so enjoyed the voices and accents, I also thought Daddy and the boyfriend were quite yummy (suppose there is no accounting for taste!!!!)

I personally loved the graphics and therefore being a little grainy helped to hide some of the objects. I thought it was so pretty. Some of the best scenes were not fully utilized.

The puzzles were not impossibly hard and it was lovely to see the different puzzles. Although it did have a few 'join the pipes'. I thought the cards were fyn and quite challenging
I recommend this one for pure fun and not frustration

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 13, 11 1:14 PM
gentlegirl wrote:Hi!

This is almost the first time a collector's edition did not do it for me...... the graphics are too grainy for my taste but i am a little picky i'm afraid. The story did not engage me for some reason either so it looks like a no buy for me....................

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 13, 11 1:19 PM
I certainly have to agree with your comments. Generally, all CE's are amazing games and I love them all - not so with this one. Something about it just did not appeal.

On another note- it would only play on a small "centered" screen on my 23" all-in-one computer (running windows 7) - I downloaded it onto my laptop (17" widescreen, with windows 7) and ran perfect.

However, even though it ran good on my laptop - the game/storyline just did NOT appeal.

I've still got 2 "freebies" yet for this month (and I've still got 4 games that I haven't finished yet !!) - the month is not over yet !!

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Mar 15, 11 7:13 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote: Like I said on the other thread, I think the graphics are lovely, voices are good, and they had me at Spiritfire and Shadowfoot, lol. And I love the storyline. Ok full game ready now...back to play some more.

I agree! I am an artist and I appreciate games that have well-done and interesting graphics. For me, the graphics in this game were very "painterly" which I loved! Also an intriguing story-line with some twists and quirky turns to the tale. I bought the CE and am happy I did, as that extra game-play definitely added another twist to the story-line! Even though I didn't care for the first two installments in this series, I was pulled in to the trial for this one by the beautiful graphics, discovering that this game, by far, was in a whole different league, definitely surpassing the first two in seven-league boots!

[Post New]by mc2camila on Jul 11, 11 5:25 PM
I think the game is wonderful. I like that the many games had just the perfect balance between difficult and entertaiment. I love the graphics, the story is a little dark but I like it too.
But for me the mos amaizing thing of this game it's the opening music!!! Does anybody know the musicians names?
Bye!!!
Cami

[Post New]by beadtific1 on Nov 19, 11 8:14 PM
Anyone else have trouble with triggering the hidden object scene in the graveyard? I've done *one*, and now I need to trigger the one that gives me a cotton swab for the grimy one eyed girl. I've backtracked through the rest of the game to see if there is anything I've missed....and I'm just stuck.

I'm on a Mac.

Thanks!

Go to: