peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 12:50 AM
Hurray! I love this. Only played a little but I am definitely buying. Options are, Fullscreen, Voice over, Widescreen (which does not work for me) and custom cursor. The SG is the complete one and the game looks long. Graphics look fine to me. Thank you a to me. Waiting to see the indepth reviews, Goofy, Casualgran and Doc. Have great fun all!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 1:40:44 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 3, 11 12:57 AM
I was wondering if this was a sequel to Margrave Manor. I didn't care for those games much, but my sister loved them. Gotta have it. I'm sure it will be a goody.

Goodness, played the whole hour and didn't even notice the time passing. Not much on music, and glad you can skip those dream card things so I bought it and will have a great time playing it!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 2:25:53 AM PST

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by katiepops on Mar 3, 11 1:00 AM
I just played half an hour and already came to review as this is going to be a buy for me.
Graphics are nice, music is also an added treat in the beginning. The background music in the game can be repetitive but it can be turned off. It really didn't bother me.
It is set in wide screen but can be set to full screen in options by unclicking.
Hints recharged quickly.
So far seems to be easy to maneuver around.
The storyline is already intriguing.
2 thumbs up!

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Mar 3, 11 1:14 AM
I am going to buy but...... I do think that if I was not having such a good night with my eyes and headaches I would not be able to find many of the hidden items, for those out there with vision issues too just take your time and once you get used to how they are hiding them it will get easier. Give it a chance and it will be a good game, or maybe I am just desperate for a good game hmmm did I say that

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Mar 3, 11 1:18 AM
Would like to ask a favor of some kind fishie. Please PM me with comments about this game. I have the first two Margrave Manor games and I find them terribly tedious. I an debating whether or not to even demo this game. Hate to take the time if many others find it tedious also. Would appreciate someone commenting that also found the first two boring and see how this compares. Thanks for your time.

Marty

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Mar 3, 11 1:23 AM
I'm not quite sure why, but I don't think I will be buying this one. The graphics look lovely but the H0 scenes are really not clear ... at least to me ... a lot of blended items that are very hard to spot ... and are very hard on the eyes. The story is yet another spooky, occult one ... getting really bored with those. It is interesting and I haven't seen any problems but I just don't like the game. I've bought every H0 CE ever sold here and I think this one will be the first to break that chain. I will try it again later and see if it grows on me.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 3, 11 1:38 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Mar 3, 11 1:44 AM
Hi everybody, I thought that eye thing was just me. Allergy season is approaching here. So far there seems to be no misclick penalties and the hint refills fast on casual play so I will just take my time. I cant seem to wait for Thursdays anymore. I also liked the intro music and the graphics are georgous.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 3, 11 1:55 AM
This is much improved graphics over the previous Margrave games. So far I like it. I'd like to see how long the bonus gameplay is before I purchase the CE. Otherwise I'll just be getting the SE. The hint system was interesting because it looked like a looming shadow coming up from where you clicked for the hint. There was recharging, unlimited hints. I do like the adventurelike IHOG aspect of it and you can play casual or a harder mode. I tend to play a casual or relaxed mode. So far that's all I have to offer because it's 3am here! So, goodnight fishies!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 1:55:41 AM PST

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Mar 3, 11 1:57 AM
I did not care for the previous Margrave games and I like this one.
I do not think this is really a sequel to that. I am not remembering anything that strikes me as coming from the first 2 anyway.
I really do like this and would buy it in a second, but apparently BF is having problems, it keeps telling me to try again later when I purchase.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 3, 11 2:13 AM
Was happy to see this as a new game. Good thing I did the demo. The graphics looked super sharp until the HOscenes. I did have problems with finding the items, those scenes looked blurry to me. Might just be old eyes

Edwina looked and sounded differant in this game (if I remember correctly). I do like the storyline so far.

I will have to think about this purchase not real sure about it.

Happy game day

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 2:28 AM
Goofyduck

A portcullis (from the French "porte coulissante" or gliding door) is a latticed grille or gate made of wood, metal or a combination of the two. Could be raised or lowered quickly by means of chains or ropes attached to an internal winch.

Clever me huh?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 3, 11 3:00 AM
Goofy, I actually enjoy the card puzzles. Haven't skipped any of them so far, and have actually enjoyed the challenge of figuring them out. They make more sense to me then those flip things to turn on the lights or whatever...I hate those, so I am so glad to see this kind of puzzle that I can actually use some logic to figure out. I have solved and set free all the shadowlocks so far, and have entered the portal. Since Ms Thorn kept wanting her to free the shadowlocks, I hesitated with each one, lol. And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 3, 11 3:10 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.
I look also first around the area. I now what you mean.
And I like the cardspuzzles also. It's good for the brain.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 3, 11 3:13 AM
Oh, I just had to come back in and say that this game has a twist in the story...all things are not what they seem, and though I was right about one thing, I was wrong about who that person was...play the game and see for yourself, lol. Ok, going back to it now. Dobbie, glad to know I am not alone in this,

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Mar 3, 11 3:28 AM
Goofyduck just waitng for your usual excellent review. I just have to run and buy, you have made my day
Thanks once again purplehatlady.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 3, 11 3:46 AM
Downloading now, and I'm eager to see what the game is. The first Margrave was pretty much a straight HOG, which I enjoyed. The second one -- on the ship -- towards the end, if I'd been able to blow it up, I would have. I don't think I ever actually finished the game because it was so repetitive and boring.

From looking at the few reviews here, it seems that perhaps this one will be different. I hope so. I'm looking forward to trying it.

EDIT: No! No! A thousand times no! I had to turn off the voiceovers, because I didn't think I could stand to hear inVENTory one more time without screaming at the computer. The cursor was slow and difficult to control. I don't like being led by the hand to everything, although that may be different in the harder mode. I usually demo games in easy or casual. The only good thing I could see was the hint system. Thought that shadow thing was really neat, but no way would I ever purchase this with that poky cursor, not even as an SE.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 4:22:41 AM PST

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Mar 3, 11 4:09 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote: And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

This really made me laugh because I ALWAYS do the same thing. And it has served me well. Nothing has been able to sneak up on me . The more we are different the more we are the same eh?

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 3, 11 4:12 AM
Thanks to all who have commented. I played 30 minutes of demo, enjoyed what I've seen so far, have had no technical issues or problems and am buying it.

Faylyn

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 3, 11 4:23 AM
Wolfenraindancer, may I join the club ? I always do that too....
This is a nice game, lovely graphics, to start with the music is great, then it might get a little repetitive, voices are good. Up to now the little games are fairly easy (I hate playing piano games though), there's a pipe game, which I don't like either, but I miss an item to do it. Story is interesting, objects sometimes not too easy to find, a bit creepy but not too much up to now (played 30 minutes). I played the first dream cards' game but skipped the other as I wanted to go further in the game. You talk to people (up to know only to the lady in the cottage). The hint, as in other games now, is more "lively" than the regular ones and it refills pretty quickly. As usual Goofy said everything in her good review, so I'll just add that it's a buy for me.

Go to: