JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Any Connection to the Margrave Manor games?

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 3, 11 2:58 AM
There were a couple of older HOG games - Secret of Margrave Manor and a sequel set on a ship. I think the protagonist was Edwina Margrave.

Is this game connected? As I remember they were straight HOGS and I eventually found them quite boring.

Thanks. Happy Gaming.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Any Connection to the Margrave Manor games?

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 3, 11 3:04 AM
Yes, this is a sequel.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Mar 3, 11 3:07 AM
But its different from the other 2,,I liked them too tho

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Mar 3, 11 3:14 AM
I'm downloading now, since I really liked the first two in the series. The first one talked more about her parents, but the second one in the end hinted there was something more to learn about what happened to them. I'm hoping this story solves that mystery.

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Mar 3, 11 4:11 AM
Akenta wrote:I'm downloading now, since I really liked the first two in the series. The first one talked more about her parents, but the second one in the end hinted there was something more to learn about what happened to them. I'm hoping this story solves that mystery.

If you liked the first two in the series Akenta be careful about this one.I remember the first two fondly as well and I wanted to see what Edwina would find out about her family this time,so I rushed to get this one and sadly I have just finished it after a few hours and I feel sorry I did.Somehow Edwina Margrave now knows about the supernatural and magic,heaven knows how.If I can give everyone some advice it would be to wait for the normal version because I have just played the bonus game play and found it totally bizarre and not worth the extra money.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 4:11:55 AM PST

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Mar 3, 11 5:13 AM
I just finished the game, it took me about 4.5 hours , it was a wonderful storyline but if I could turn back the clock I would not buy and would wait for the SE version, the extra chapter was not really what I would have liked to have seen. This is the same character from the first two games but definately not the same kind of story. Only good thing is that you do find out what happened to her parents lol.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Mar 3, 11 9:15 AM
I'm very grateful for all the comments and suggestions. While I really enjoy the Margrave Manor games, I will wait for the SE

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 3, 11 2:17 PM
Thank you for all the comments.

Since I did not like the previous games, I will definitely wait for the SE version of this one.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Mar 3, 11 7:59 PM
Thanks for all the good info-I can only afford so many CE's.

Go to: