[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Mar 3, 11 9:09 AM
Anyone know yet?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:The bonus stuff is......?

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 3, 11 10:41 AM
I think its the bonuslevel in the mainmenue (on the right site).

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 3, 11 11:28 AM
Well, I don't know how to name it... - the game has 5 acts, and the 5th act is the bonus play. It lasts (by a very slow gamer like me) about 1 hour.

I would wait to play 5 acts, and then to play a bonus play. It shortens the game time... Nevertheless it's a nice game, and without the SG I wouldn't know where to move.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Mar 3, 11 11:30 AM
I got the first 2 and really liked them. Not happy about how they changed the game play but still thinking about getting it. Flounder seemed about to tell us what the bonus was but didn't.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 3, 11 12:46 PM
Hi 1_of_5!

The part that had originally been partially included in bfgFlounder's post but that was later edited out was from the Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition game page.

I'll include that section here for easy reference:

The Collector’s Edition includes:

* Bonus gameplay
* In-game Strategy Guide
* Breathtaking artwork
* Incredible puzzles

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Mar 3, 11 1:49 PM
Not as much as you may think. That's a generic CE bonus description. I was hoping for something a little more specific.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Mar 3, 11 1:58 PM
Wouldn't you know it - the first time I really like the music and art and there are no "bonus" options for those associated with this CE game. Drat! I really liked the title song and some of the chapter music.

I'm not one of those who rant about the price of CE games, I don't mind paying extra when I get something extra. But, I don't consider a bonus chapter, strategy guide, pretty art work, and puzzles to be worthy of the full CE price. Pretty art work and puzzles are usually part of the game, don't you think? Well, maybe some of the games are a bit less on the "pretty" side....

I enjoy seeing the art development and have used a couple of the "wallpaper" options from other games. I like having the option to enjoy the music with a different game. Concept art, music, etc - that's why CE games cost more, isn't it?

I did enjoy the game, used the guide a couple of times (nice hints in the game so less need for the guide). I liked it - no problem there. Actually, I liked better than either of the previous Margrave games.

I just expected more in the way of "bonus" than "usual and customary" items. So, no quibble here about CE's and their price - I do have an issue about a standard game disquised as a CE.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 3, 11 2:55 PM
1_of_5 wrote:Not as much as you may think. That's a generic CE bonus description. I was hoping for something a little more specific.

Hi 1_of_5!

I've just received a bit of extra info from a team member who's been able to play through the full game already. She has said that the CE content is extended game play that offers a sneak peek of the next game in the series, as it's a part of the storyline for that game. She says that players are able to find out more of the story behind the Severed Heart and that it was a good amount of content (to be more specific, she indicated that it took her over an hour as an advanced player).

Hopefully more players will be able to add their findings here as well.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 3, 11 3:04 PM
It is an extra chapter, took me over an hour (I'm a slow player) and that's the only part where I used the SG, may be I was tired, it's night here -or rather very early morning-, though I really liked the game. It inroduces you to the next game. Very good game and I don't care about wallpapers so..........

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 3, 11 7:01 PM
The bonus was a seperate storyline setting up for the next one I suppose. It is connected by the heart. It kind of dropped you into it without much intro which took me a few moments to adjust to. It was about an hour long for me.
I never use the SG so I'm not sure what it contains as to any description of the bonus.

This was the first time that I managed to go through an entire game with no hints what so ever. Didn't get bored or stumped.
(pats self on back )

Happy gaming

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 7:14:30 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 5, 11 6:54 AM
The Collector’s Edition includes:
Bonus gameplay
In-game Strategy Guide
Breathtaking artwork
Incredible puzzles

If these are the extras that make this game a CE, I am curious as to how they will leave out the Breathtaking artwork and Incredible puzzles from the Standard Edition.

When the SE is released without the Breathtaking artwork that is in the CE maybe we will see a whole game of concept art or unfinished drawings.

But seriously, I would really like to know if the SE will not have Breathtaking artwork and Incredible puzzles. How will that be done?

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 10:03:30 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 5, 11 7:03 AM
Gotta agree with Lizzie on this one--inquiring minds want to know...

So the SE will NOT include breathtaking artwork and incredible puzzles?

I must also agree with CasualGran--I demoed this game and didn't see the 'amazing' production values synonomous with CE's, especially when considering games like Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials, Nightfall Mysteries Asylum Conspiracies and Nightmare Adventures Witches Prison were not Collector's Editions.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 7:25:15 AM PST

patcard
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by patcard on Mar 7, 11 11:15 AM
Love the bonus game.I only buy BF.I am 2 min. to end but I can"t find the cauldren?, or sanctum.. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 10:13:21 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 8, 11 6:26 AM
The extra gameplay is called "The Revenge of the Blacksmith" It's the extra gameplay available after you've finished the regular game and it's available on the bottom right side entitled just that and it lasted me about an hour. Not very long as far as bonus game play goes. I think the thing that was confusing is that in the Strategy Guide they didn't entitle it "Bonus Game" they entitled it Act 5 or whatever. That probably wasn't real wise on the developer's part especially if they weren't going to give us all of the other regular CE stuff like bonus art work, music and stuff like that.

It's just that if the developer's were going to take away the bonus artwork and music they should have replaced it with something ELSE or made the bonus gameplay a LOT LONGER (like the length of another game) Or come down on the price. If you are going to take THAT MUCH out of a CE you'd better replace it with something!

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 6:30:43 AM PST

Go to: