bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 4, 11 1:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

Re:Post any Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale technical issues here only

[Post New]by auds7466 on Mar 4, 11 11:42 AM
this is the error i am getting for this game i have windows vista. i have already used up ten mins of my trial trying to get in to the game can anyone help me cos it looks a good game. and i really wanna give it a go!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Exception: Shader error: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) failed to link.

After initialization, but before game start.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\main.py", line 299, in main
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 1153, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\core.py", line 1285, in set_mode
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\gldraw.py", line 270, in set_mode
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\glenviron.py", line 323, in init
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\glshader.py", line 155, in blit_program
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\glshader.py", line 142, in compile_program
File "C:\Program Files\Matches and Matrimony - A Pride and Prejudice Tale\renpy\display\glshader.py", line 108, in check_status
Exception: Shader error: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) failed to link.

After initialization, but before game start.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2a

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 11:43:11 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 4, 11 3:40 PM
have windows xp...started up...then froze...then would not quite running..would like to get into game...but is sucked up some minutes on #@#@#...will try one more time...but that is it..am very very tired of games going to the side of the tracks!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 5:40 PM
Can't report any tech issues at all the game is running like clockwork, I run Windows 7 (Ithink it is called...yes I am certain it is) however....even with a brand new comp I ran into difficulties and asked the tech service for help. They send me a tool which ran a diagnostic on my system and the tech team supplied me with links and instructions on how to upgrade. And behold...the newest graphics card needed upgrading after only one week. After that the problem was sorted. And TBH...XP is pretty old and I know that XP is running out of being able to run the newer graphics cards. It just won't be able to acknowledge them.

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 5:43:31 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 4, 11 6:19 PM
Windows XP here--and the game is running perfectly.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 6:54 PM
That's what I meant your constellation of graphics and so on may be totally different, but fact is that XP is on the way out

[Post New]by 2pointysticks on Mar 6, 11 3:54 PM
Running Windows 7 with the latest driver for my card. When I start the game, the music starts but the screen is just black, with a mouse pointer. Tried clicking all over, hitting Enter, etc, no response. Just kept playing the music and eating up trial minutes. Have to End Task to get out of it.

[Post New]by renpytom on Mar 6, 11 5:44 PM
auds7466 >>> You can enable software rendering on your card by holding down shift as the game starts up. This will bring you to a menu that lets you choose which mode you want to render in. Choose "Prefer Software Renderer", and you'll be in.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Aug 5, 11 4:20 PM
I dont know if this is a "technical" problem but i really think the developers should update this game with the option of creating profiles because once you beat any level or all of it you cannot start over fresh i hope u know what i mean. almost every game even kate's fix it up u can make new profiles. what if u have more than one person wanting to play the game and you have your profile and they have theirs?
and as i said b4 i want to start all over fresh now that i have beaten the game with all 9 endings. anyway just an good idea

LadySorcha
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by LadySorcha on Aug 7, 14 10:54 AM
I am unable to start a new storyline. I have finished one, and went to continue to the next story to get a different outcome. I am unable to enter "Next" after I type in the girl's name. Must I create a new player prophile?

Go to: