crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Overly emotional??? (Possible Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 4, 11 4:32 AM
Well I've just finished Syberia II - and it's the only game I've ever played that caused my throat to tighten and tears to form in my eyes at the end of it.

Perhaps I'm being a little overly emotional, but I found the ending to be very moving.

(can't help but wonder what happens to Kate now though...)

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Overly emotional??? (Possible Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 4, 11 4:43 AM
Spoiler:

According to internet searches, Syberia III is expected to be released in 2011 for PC. I hope it will be.

The expected story line is that after having traveled throughout Europe in Syberia and Syberia II, Kate Walker starts out on the mammoths' trail in a world on the border between reality and imagination, where strange white birds indicate the presence of extinct mammals.

Syberia III takes Kate on an adventure which mixes suspense, myth, ecology and action. She crosses paths with a weird Vic McPherson who is investigating the murky business of international trafficking of ancient works of art and prehistoric ivory.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 11, 11 1:26 PM
LizzieK wrote:Spoiler:

According to internet searches, Syberia III is expected to be released in 2011 for PC. I hope it will be.

The expected story line is that after having traveled throughout Europe in Syberia and Syberia II, Kate Walker starts out on the mammoths' trail in a world on the border between reality and imagination, where strange white birds indicate the presence of extinct mammals.

Syberia III takes Kate on an adventure which mixes suspense, myth, ecology and action. She crosses paths with a weird Vic McPherson who is investigating the murky business of international trafficking of ancient works of art and prehistoric ivory.
Sadly that's an April Fool. Vic(toria) McPherson is the main character in the trilogy Post Mortem, Still Life and Still Life II. Note the date at the bottom of the quote.
MICROÏDS launches SYBERIA 3 on PS3 and announces a major collaborative innovation bringing together console and PC manufacturers

After having traveled throughout Europe in Syberia and Syberia 2, Kate Walker starts out on the mammoths’ trail in a world on the border between reality and imagination, where strange white birds indicate the presence of extinct mammals...

Syberia 3 takes Kate on an adventure which mixes suspense, myth, ecology and action. She crosses paths with a weird Vic McPherson who is investigating the murky business of international trafficking of ancient works of art and prehistoric ivory…

Syberia 3 will be entirely in real time 3D and will be released on PS3 and PC in June 2010.

Last Update : 04/01/2009

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 11:03:49 AM PST

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Jan 8, 14 10:31 AM
According to Wikia Syberia III may release this year or next. I'll keep an eye open for it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 6, 14 3:58 AM
raindear82 wrote:According to Wikia Syberia III may release this year or next. I'll keep an eye open for it.
Some in-game screenshots have been published and the game is now due to be released next year.

Go to: