2Pioneers
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Does this game contain spiritistic or supernatural elements?

[Post New]by 2Pioneers on Mar 4, 11 1:42 PM
I am a big fan of HOGs and challenging IHOGs, but it is difficult to find one that doesn't have elements of the occult. I cut my teeth on MCF Huntsville and Prime Suspects, but when Ravenhurst came out I felt uneasy, so I have been cautious ever since.

I have no problem with creepy or dark feeling environments, so long as they are nothing more than that. From what I have read this is a challenging puzzle game, but I can't determine if ghosts and spirits are involved or not.

Without giving away anything about the story, if someone could give me the all clear on this one, or let me know if I should pass this one by. Thanks in advance.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Does this game contain spiritistic or supernatural elements?

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 4, 11 1:45 PM
Yes there are ghosts and/or spirits in this game.

2Pioneers
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 2Pioneers on Mar 4, 11 1:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Lizzie. I appreciate the info.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 4, 11 3:42 PM
Here are some games that do not have ghosts (I think)

The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect 
Steve the Sheriff The Case of the Missing Thing
Nancy Drew Lights Camera Curses
Nancy Drew Resorting to Danger
Mushroom Age
Escape the Museum 2
Robins' Quest a Legend Born
The Mystery of the Crystal Portal Beyond the Horizon

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Mar 5, 11 8:32 AM
I'm with you 2P about staying away from occultish type games. Seems every one no matter the setting ends up with Horis or some such thing.

I enjoyed Phantasmat but it did have "ghosts" as such but I was not uncomfortable playing this game. I'm with you, I have RTR and 13th Skull but still haven't played. This was one of my fav games since Dire Grove. Maybe for this one it's not "spirits" or evil in the grand sense of things.

I have played Royal Trouble and also a western themed one can't remember name now that had absolutely NO spiritist issues.

Don't know why these have to appear in so many games. Guess it's because the culture has become addicted to spirits, vampires, and occultish things. We know why. Enjoy

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Mar 5, 11 8:55 AM
OK I do have to say it was ALL about creepy topics and very um sorta scary type. But I still never felt occultish and i'm usually pretty sensitive to those things.

I hate it when u pick a game that looks fine and then by the 10th HOG scene you're into Egyptian symbols, etc. which have NO relations to the game.

OK I'm not coming back here so PLEASE no pm's or anything. Everyone to their own opinion and if you like those types of games, that's great. Just give those of us who don't space to converse about it and stay in our comfort zone.

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Mar 5, 11 8:58 AM
The Big City Adventure games are fun and I liked Dream Day edition where you planned a couples' 50th wedding anniversary party.

Also LOVED The Great Gatsby. Beautiful graphics.

Good luck and happy gaming!!!

Go to: