autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 11 3:44 PM
So in a related note while I am still gamely going for Mr. Darcy........


What is your Fave version of Pride and Prejudice film.......?

Mine is the BBC Classic (eight hour series) of it.

Yours?

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 3:52 PM
Mine is the monochrome version but I much prefer the BBC with Colin Firth diving into and then climbing out of the pond

If you ask me...a wet Colin Firth in that scene would not just have reached over my side of the bed to switch the bedside lamp off and I still wouldn't push him off the edge of my bed if he ever happened to sit on it either (if you get my drift )

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 4, 11 4:26 PM
Pearly11 wrote:Mine is the monochrome version but I much prefer the BBC with Colin Firth diving into and then climbing out of the pond

If you ask me...a wet Colin Firth in that scene would not just have reached over my side of the bed to switch the bedside lamp off and I still wouldn't push him off the edge of my bed if he ever happened to sit on it either (if you get my drift )


Two words Colin Firth

I get your drift Pearly. His slippers are always welcome under the bed LOL

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 4:27:25 PM PST


 

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by dudleysore on Mar 4, 11 4:27 PM
I completely agree!! And am definitely going to try this game!! BTW? Loved Sense and Sensibility and TKS was the best movie I have ever seen bar none!

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 4:32 PM
dudleysore wrote:I completely agree!! And am definitely going to try this game!! BTW? Loved Sense and Sensibility and TKS was the best movie I have ever seen bar none!


The trial might not be long enough because there's a LOT of reading involved and before I sussed some things out, with all that reading of the conversation AND the tutorial my trial time was up but I bought it anyway and it's so enchanting I don't regret it having bought it one little bit.

 

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by dudleysore on Mar 4, 11 4:40 PM
What TYPE of game is it exactly? TIA!!

Never mind Im an idiot LOL I can just find out myself LOL

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 4:40:59 PM PST


 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 5:11 PM
It's along the lines of Cute Knight but A LOOOOOOOT better...there's however LOADS of reading involved, which I don't mind because the reading passages are extremely well done.
I really enjoy the reading bits, but I would advise to minimise the game frame to windowed, because depending on the size of your monitor...it was too large reading for me, so I downsized it in the options the windowed and the graphics look a lot better too that way. But you can change that throughout the game whenever you want.
It's difficult to say what type of game it is. It's pretty stagnant...so you won't be walking through rooms and stuff, you bascially make decisions for one week in advance on what you want the character to achieve and she will do exactly that and then you go to different venues and differents events happen and sometimes you can influence them by a choice in your response.
The game has me totally hooked and the last time I was as hooked to game like I am now was when Fairy Godmother Tycoon was launched
It's just a completely different game and it doesn't really fit into any genre ...I can see this one becoming a classic

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 5:16:34 PM PST


 
autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 11 7:43 PM
i keep getting various interpretations of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility............I also like Jane Eyre interpretations........

I like seeing how the stories are treated in each version.....some are good , some are dreadful.........I hear another version of Jane Eyre is coming out this summer and am really looking forward to it......

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 7:53 PM
autumn_leaf wrote:i keep getting various interpretations of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility............I also like Jane Eyre interpretations........

I like seeing how the stories are treated in each version.....some are good , some are dreadful.........I hear another version of Jane Eyre is coming out this summer and am really looking forward to it......


I totally LOVE Jayne Ayre I watched a play years ago on s tage and the most recent (pretty old) BBC versions are really cutting it for me. I also hope for another version of Wuthering Heights.

 
autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 11 8:27 PM
I haven't gotten into Wuthering Heights yet..........probably will one of these days but I prefer the ones were the heroine gets the hero in the end.......



which isn't happening so far yet

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 8:50 PM
autumn_leaf wrote:I haven't gotten into Wuthering Heights yet..........probably will one of these days but I prefer the ones were the heroine gets the hero in the end.......



which isn't happening so far yet


Start by reading the novel...it's 1018 pages

 
autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 11 8:53 PM
Pearly11 wrote:
autumn_leaf wrote:I haven't gotten into Wuthering Heights yet..........probably will one of these days but I prefer the ones were the heroine gets the hero in the end.......



which isn't happening so far yet


Start by reading the novel...it's 1018 pages




Let me find the time inbetween trying to find Darcy and my sanity!

 
Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Mar 5, 11 6:53 AM
All of them.
The BBC version with Colin Firth, well he is just yummy.
I also enjoy watching the 80's version.
I adore most period pieces, especially BBC productions. I hope game developers make more games in this vein.

After watching Sense and Sensibility with Alan Richtman was the Col., I may have to entice him as a love interest in my next play through. He is also in The Barchester Chronicles with Donald Sutherland. That voice....

Enough gushing. Happy Darcy chasing all.

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 10:30 AM
Saelihnne wrote:All of them.
The BBC version with Colin Firth, well he is just yummy.
I also enjoy watching the 80's version.
I adore most period pieces, especially BBC productions. I hope game developers make more games in this vein.

After watching Sense and Sensibility with Alan Richtman was the Col., I may have to entice him as a love interest in my next play through. He is also in The Barchester Chronicles with Donald Sutherland. That voice....

Enough gushing. Happy Darcy chasing all.


I just bought the first season of Downton Abbey on DVD. Totally love it

 
Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Mar 5, 11 12:15 PM
Oh I just finished watching that. You will not be disappointed.

I am crossing my fingers for season two!

 
Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 12:25 PM
Gets launched on TV this autumn
But it's only March

 
J0an
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by J0an on Mar 6, 11 12:23 AM
P & P : Started with the old black and white version and loved it. SPOILER: It has the crusty old Aunt of Mr Darcy actually testing and liking Elizabeth. The Aunt sitting on the music box was priceless - lol. 2nd fav is the Colin Firth one.
Anyone else seen "The tenant of Wildfell"? Very dark but really good. You start off hating the main female character and then end up respecting her and her choices. Have to agree with Col. Brandon stealing the male lead in S & S for me - "Give me something to do else I will go mad." scene was perfect. sigh....

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 12:27:27 AM PST


 
riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 6, 11 11:16 AM
Alan Rickman in S&S - yes! So much better than Hugh Grant.

For P&P, I just loooove Colin Firth. Love love love! Jeremy Northam in Emma wasn't too shabby either.

 
purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Mar 27, 11 7:33 PM
Mine is Bride and prejudice, a Hollywood/Bollywood Anglo-Indian version, and great fun.

If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it!

 
soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Favorite Adaptation Film Of Pride And Prejudice

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 10, 11 8:56 AM
purplecat8 wrote:Mine is Bride and prejudice, a Hollywood/Bollywood Anglo-Indian version, and great fun.

If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it!


I saw this DVD of Bride and Prejudice on the shelf at my library and since I LOVE Pride And Prejudice(Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Rosamund Pike) I checked it out,and I loved it so much I had to get my own copy! It is wonderful fun,and eye-candy,too!

 
 
 
 
Go to: