Post 'em if you got 'em...........

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Tips and tricks for Capturing Mr. Darcy

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 5, 11 6:24 AM
Not ignoring you Autumn, lets just say, it is a work in progress LOL

I can get up to yellowish/ almost green.

I thinl he has been kidnapped.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 10:29 AM
I think if you go to London (chapter 11 I think), you won't get him. That puts you into Sense and Sensibility as Marianne, and Wickeby as Willoughby. It's probably the way to get Brandon (which, if he was a 35-year-old Alan Rickman, I would NOT mind).

Also it might even be too late if you end up going to your Aunt's party at Brandon's place. You're supposed to go to Hunsford with Charlotte at that point, but I can never get her to ask me!

Alright, I'm back to playing around with my characteristics to see if I can find a combo that will entice that jerk.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 5, 11 10:31 AM
Thanks for the tips Riefer & welcome on board the Darcy hunt & welcome to the pond!

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 10:32:24 AM PST

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 10:35 AM
riefer wrote:I think if you go to London (chapter 11 I think), you won't get him. That puts you into Sense and Sensibility as Marianne, and Wickeby as Willoughby. It's probably the way to get Brandon (which, if he was a 35-year-old Alan Rickman, I would NOT mind).

Also it might even be too late if you end up going to your Aunt's party at Brandon's place. You're supposed to go to Hunsford with Charlotte at that point, but I can never get her to ask me!

Alright, I'm back to playing around with my characteristics to see if I can find a combo that will entice that jerk.

You may have a valid point there. Lizzy never went to London, I think. Her annoying little sister made a runner with Wickeby to London and her dad went to search for her. Darcy later sorted the matter out financially to avoid a scandal with would have making a marriage to Lizzy impossible.
I ended up in London three times. First I ended up as a spinster, then as spinster with a dead sister and then ended up marrying Captain Wentworth. This game is driving me nuts i try again

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 11:57 AM
Thanks all!

Somehow you have to get Charlotte to invite you to her house, because that's where Lizzie runs into Darcy again. I can't get Charlotte to do it though. She loves me, and so does her mom. I also tried getting her mom mad at me, and also tried being "shocked" at her marriage, which is what happens in the book. She still won't invite me.

SPOILER
You know how after Lady Lucas invites you to the outing at Brandon's estate, the next thing Lizzie says after she leaves is "with so many guests lately, it seems odd that there isn't one more". That one more is supposed to be Charlotte. I know because I chose the option at the beginning to get more help, and to get a head start on the path for Mr. Darcy. Then I played the next day to see what happens, and Charlotte showed up right after Lady Lucas and invited me to her place, and I had the choice of going with Charlotte or with Lady Lucas. I stopped playing at that point because I don't want to shortcut to the ending, I want to figure out how to actually get through!

Also it seems impossible to get the stats that they have on that "head start" path. The stats Lissie has if you do that are:
willpower - 70
wit - 62
talent - 52
kindness - 60
propriety - 20
sensibility - 30

That's mathematically impossible to get, because you can't get your wit that high without also raising your sensibility to the same amount (because reading raises both, and reading is the only thing that raises wit). Unless there's an event in the game that drops your sensibility by a great amount.

Also, on the "head start" path, Darcy is already in the green on the like-meter. I don't meet him enough to get him up to green. The best I've gotten him is neutral. Can't figure out what I'm missing.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 12:21 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Thanks for your detailed post riefer.

I read up on the obnoxious Mr Darcy in the help- option within the game. According to that Lizzy need willpower, talent, wit and a dash of kindness (how much is a dash? ) Also you should keep your sensibility low and property even lower. I've tried but find it impossible. Sometimes I lose a few points of something depending to an answer. I can lose some (sensibility if I recall correctly) if I say to Colonel Brandon on his estate that I enjoyed the drive in the carriage, but that would only be about 4 points.

You also need to get Wickeby to like you otherwise he won't tell you anything about Mr Darcy.

The problem I have noticed that I keep on running into is that I chose the activities to build up Lizzy's traits on how I see myself. Perhaps that is a problem that we all find it so difficult to detach ourselves from ourselves . In the help-manual it says that you should try to make Lizzy like she is in the book.

EDIT: Just tried it out, the maximum it would lose me in total are 8 points sensibility and that is when chose to say how well tended the garden is and that you enjoyed to travel by carriage.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 1:10:48 PM PST

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Mar 5, 11 1:16 PM
SPOILERS

I tried the jump to chapter ten approach with Darcy and still did not get him. I do not see how you can possibly increase wit and keep sensibility low.
What I did note is that in all my previous playthroughs I never got the invitation from Charlotte. She never showed up when I got the invite to London and she was quite high in approval.
Ah well, off to try again.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 1:33 PM
I just did the same, Saelihnne. When she was asked by Lady if she plays and sings she says that she does but not very well and then she thought that she should have concentrating on pursuing in that rather than in other things.

Another thing I have noticed when looking at how much folks like her is that indeed Mr Darcy is in the green zone and so is Charlotte, Lady Lucas, Wickeby and the sister. I managed to Charlotte, the sister and Wickeby in the green zone but none of the others. This is beginning to drive me insane . I WANT MY MANSION!!! I DESERVE IT!!!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 2:46 PM
Well...I just managed to get Mr Darcy into the green area of the likability for me . Strangely, by disagreeing with him, then playing nicely when Charlotte asked me to and refusing to dance with him afterwards (what a weirdo).
I'm sensing that I need to get Charlotte to like loadsamuch otherwise she won't turn up to invite me to her house and that I need to get dangerously close to Mr Wickeby or he won't fill me in about Mr Darcy.
I just hope that I get enough willpower points to fight off that Mr Collins soon, as I'm raising everything now very carefully

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 2:48 PM
I GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to the first proposal, where I saved and accepted, just to see the ending. Now I'm going to go back and refuse, to get to the REAL ending!

I'll be checking back if people want hints. One hint is, when you're given choices to make, try to make a choice that results in the text from the book. You want to have the same conversations as were in the book. I made a mistake very close to the beginning of the game, where I thought I made the right choice, but didn't. Don't assume that all your choices are right. If you make the right choice, you'll get some longer conversations with him. You'll also get to dance with him at the Netherfield ball (!)

Anyway, don't want to leave any specific spoilers for now, in case people want to do it on their own. Good luck!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 3:07 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIEFER!!! YOU STOLE MY MANSION!!!

Congratulations anyhow no hard feelings
So the conversations have to be equal to the ones in the book. I can see that there will be a sudden increase in the sales as of Monday
Would you please be so kind and PM me to let me know how I can arrange for a longer conversation with him? There are moments when what he says is so discriminating against women that I want to headbutt him . I think this is where my problem may be

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 3:25 PM
Done, Pearly.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 3:31 PM
riefer wrote:Done, Pearly.

Thxi riefer

WOW I must be doing something right here. I'm at the ball at which this horrible Collins ruins my shoes and toes during two dances and suddenly Mr Darcy pitches up and wants to dance with me shortly after I've slagged him off because Mr Wickeby isn't here and its his fault lol. That never happened before.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 3:43 PM
Yep! You're on the right track!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 3:45 PM
Oh II just floated across the dance floor with him and engaged him into a conversation and now he likes me even more than before . You better start packing, riefer, for it is me who will move into the mansion

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 5, 11 4:30 PM
Hahahaha. Too late! That sexy bastard is mine all mine, and I've had the double wedding to prove it!

Only ending I haven't gotten is Brandon. Time to name myself Marianne and start a new conquest!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 4:37 PM
riefer wrote:Hahahaha. Too late! That sexy bastard is mine all mine, and I've had the double wedding to prove it!

Only ending I haven't gotten is Brandon. Time to name myself Marianne and start a new conquest!

Good Luck while you're busy with Brandon I will make sure that your divorce papers will be served lol

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Mar 5, 11 5:19 PM
lol

Well done ladies!

I am afraid, the dear Col. is otherwise engaged. To me.

I wonder what the heck I am doing wrong, must be something I said at the beginning.
Thanks for the hints, they are appreciated.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 6, 11 1:16 AM
Actually the dear Colonel & myself have been married more times then Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton LOL

Go to: