mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

I'm confused ?

[Post New]by mystine on Mar 5, 11 12:44 AM
Why is this game considered TGT when it hasn't been that long ago it came out? Is this a different version?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:I'm confused ?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 5, 11 1:05 AM
Hi there,
I have removed the original text from this post as the information was incorrect. Got the dates wrong!!! Seemes to have "missed" February.
Cheers.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 7:57:32 PM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Mar 5, 11 1:06 AM
Yes, this is the Standard Edition of the game ($6.99). The version previously released was the Collector's Edition ($13.99), which has additional bonus elements for the $$.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

I'm confused ?

[Post New]by lisam63 on Mar 5, 11 1:16 AM
mystine wrote:Why is this game considered TGT when it hasn't been that long ago it came out? Is this a different version?

the CE version came out on Jan 27th..which actually was a long time ago for those who have been waiting quite a while to get the SE version
ty
i can't wait to try it out

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 5, 11 4:39 AM
I wasn't confused until I read Dragon Ladys post. . Yes, I've been waiting well over a month for this SE. I almost don't care anymore.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 5, 11 7:33 AM
BF started this CE craze by telling us that SEs would be out "2-3 weeks" after the CE. But for some time now, the SEs don't come out until 5-6 weeks after the CE. THis is obviously the way BF is going to do it. As to why...I do'nt know, but my guess is they are milking the extra $$$$ (from the CEs) as long as they can.

At any rate, lucky for me I have a lot of as yet unplayed games, as well as a lot of really excellent games to replay (as well as a FB online game I play all the time), so I can wait.

I do, however, wish BF would honor their original plan to release SEs 2-3 weeks after CEs.

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Mar 5, 11 8:43 AM
What is an 'FB online game?'

dokken117
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by dokken117 on Mar 5, 11 9:21 AM
krissywillow wrote:BF started this CE craze by telling us that SEs would be out "2-3 weeks" after the CE. But for some time now, the SEs don't come out until 5-6 weeks after the CE. THis is obviously the way BF is going to do it. As to why...I do'nt know, but my guess is they are milking the extra $$$$ (from the CEs) as long as they can.

At any rate, lucky for me I have a lot of as yet unplayed games, as well as a lot of really excellent games to replay (as well as a FB online game I play all the time), so I can wait.

I do, however, wish BF would honor their original plan to release SEs 2-3 weeks after CEs.

Actually someone (forget who; probably from BF) posted a list of the games from the past year that had started out as CEs. In all the cases the games were appx. 4 weeks between CE and SE dates. I know it seems a lot longer to us, being the impatient fishies that we are, but 4 weeks is about how long they wait.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Mar 5, 11 9:27 AM
I don't think it is BFG "milking" the CEs for as much as they can get. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads about this. That DEVs are putting out CEs to try and recoup the money they pour into these games to make them. We always seem to want better games with more stuff. That ain't cheap folks!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 5, 11 9:48 AM
lilyr wrote:I don't think it is BFG "milking" the CEs for as much as they can get. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads about this. That DEVs are putting out CEs to try and recoup the money they pour into these games to make them. We always seem to want better games with more stuff. That ain't cheap folks!

I do think it is milking (quotations around that word unnecessary, by the way) the CEs for as much as they can get. Because originally they said 2-3 weeks, and now it's way over that. I stand by my opinion. But like I said in my original post, I don't KNOW. Nor do you. Nor does anyone, I suspect, except BF themselves, and they aren't going to tell.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Mar 5, 11 10:05 AM

lillyr said,
I don't think it is BFG "milking" the CEs for as much as they can get. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads about this. That DEVs are putting out CEs to try and recoup the money they pour into these games to make them. We always seem to want better games with more stuff. That ain't cheap folks!

While I think that there are a multitude of reasons for this trend, I agree that recouping the cost of game development is the main reason

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 5, 11 10:18 AM
Coco157 wrote:What is an 'FB online game?'

Hi coco
it means Facebook online game ........can't say I know what they are like as I don't have an FB account.

On the subject of this thread I stopped buying CEs months ago as the extra game is not worth twice the price (it is usually only about an hour extra). I don't need the strategy guide as there are always walkthroughs and have no interest in the wallpapers, etc.

Am happy to wait for an SE as I always have lots of unplayed games to keep me going.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 5, 11 11:03 AM
shagwendy wrote:I wasn't confused until I read Dragon Ladys post. . Yes, I've been waiting well over a month for this SE. I almost don't care anymore.

Hi there,
Sorry about the date thing!! I was sure I purchased this in February. Where did that month go???
Cheers

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Mar 5, 11 4:18 PM
dfringer wrote:
lillyr said,

While I think that there are a multitude of reasons for this trend, I agree that recouping the cost of game development is the main reason

Yes. Especially considering that BFG lowered the price of CE's for members by $6. Have to balance the budget somehow.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 5, 11 5:12 PM
Well, I decided today that I will not buy a SE if it takes more than a month to come out. I don't mind waiting awhile, that's the price you pay for being poor or wanting more value per $ spent. But this has been 5 1/2 weeks and that's too long. I've waited this long, I can wait til it becomes a Daily Deal or goes on sale... Day is coming up soon, you know

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Mar 5, 11 7:16 PM
I generally don't mind waiting for the SE to come out. There are usually other games I can amuse myself with. Or, in the past there have been a bunch of great games out at the same time and I've used a CE to fill my punch card. So in that way the CE pays for itself. I can't go see a movie for $13.99 and I get a lot more enjoyment from these games. I think this is pretty economical fun.

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Mar 5, 11 7:30 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I replied to someone who posted in the forum for the CE version who stated that they were told that this would be available in 5-6 weeks.
Obviously BFG decided to release it earlier.
Lucky people for those of you who were waiting for the SE of this game.
Let's just hope that it wasn't a mistake by someone at BFG as happened recently.
Enjoy.
Cheers
...or, in my suspicious mode, maybe this is to boost the Sweepstakes purchases!

don't be suspicious, you're entirely correct. it's just a marketing strategy, i filled 4 punch cards last month buying ce's and extra's so as not to "waste" punches. all of the games i bought are currently in the top 10. the best games are released at higher prices and then go on sale right before the next ce/good game is released. but who can really fault a company for making money? i have 4 credits now but there's nothing worth using them on unless i choose something from last year, which compared to newer releases are visually disappointing. i have to wait until payday to buy new ce margrave curse of the severed heart, but i know i'll do it. demo was really interesting. i just hope something decent comes out se in the next month, the charlain harris vampire game was cute, maybe something interactive and clear will come out soon that i can use a credit on.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 7:44:27 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 5, 11 7:55 PM
Hi there ravensgone,
This was probably a planned release anyway - I messed up the dates/time frame!!
I should have edited my original post rather than add a second to clarify this.
Cheers.

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Mar 5, 11 8:23 PM
lol, i understand. i wouldn't even have piped up if i hadn't been so disappointed by the "new" tgt after having bought shadow wolf in ce. i usually stay up until 2am cst to catch tgt bc it's released in pst, and i'm always on the lookout for a new distraction. wish there was a consolation prize for those of use who've already purchased the ce, or they'd release se in addition to the positively NEW tgt, it would be a blessing.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 5, 11 8:46 PM
Hi there ravensgone,
Yeh, seeing the SE of a game you have already purchased can be a pest when you are looking for something new to play.
Well sometimes there is a second game on offer (soft release) when the SE of a game is released to the "wider" audience the next day. Not always my cup of tea, but sometimes.....
And I sympathise with you as to your time. Me? 6 or 7 pm depending on the season. Much more reasonable, but get just as impatient and I have to be careful of the date near the end of the month!!
Cheers

Go to: