bfgFlounder
12,348 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 5, 11 1:04 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 5, 11 5:37 AM
Yay! Finally the SE is out. This is a sure buy for me (as long as it runs ok) since I really liked the demo of the CE.

ETA--Well, played the demo and it runs slow and laggy much of the time as is usual for ERS games for me lately. Based on that, I'm not keen to buy it.....haven't decided yet.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 12:03:25 PM PST

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Mar 5, 11 6:18 AM
me too Krissywillow, yes, and thanks BF. Been waiting for this one to come out!

And if it plays without a glitch. Oh happy day.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Mar 5, 11 7:22 AM
I bought the CE and posted there. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 5, 11 7:40 AM
I was happy to see the SE version finally released – it has been a long wait.

The graphics are very pleasing but as it is made by ERS that is no surprise, they really do make some lovely games; the hidden object scenes are a little dark in places for the old eyes but my widescreen monitor was filled which is a rare pleasure.

The gameplay was pretty easy although I liked that you had to open or move items within the H0 scenes to find all the objects – by the way the hint was interesting, a triangle slashed with what sounded like a sword. (I had no idea that snowdrops were called bell flowers )

Some of the mini-games did tax me so it wasn’t totally simple to play & the music fitted in with the atmosphere & the voiceovers were fine, nothing too grating to the ears although it was an odd mix of accents.

There are lots of areas to explore & I have taken my time to enjoy the artwork; it has taken about 5 hours for me to complete the game. The ending appears to leave room for a sequel; I sincerely hope so. Thanks to all who had a hand in making this game

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 1:49:16 PM PST

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,357 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 5, 11 9:35 AM
I have spent most of the day playing this and love it.
ERS games,although they always run slow and sticky for me.Not enough to put me off though

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 9:36:57 AM PST

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Mar 5, 11 12:08 PM
hi fishies, I was very happy to find out this morning that this game was finally on se version. I bought the game immediately cause I loved the demo on the ce. I am off to play this game cause we waited soooo long to get it. It seams that it takes longer now to get the se version. happy gaming to all of you.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,974 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 5, 11 4:32 PM
Are all the scenes as dark (physically) as in the opening sequences? I'm on the way to the circus, on the road with the big house up ahead.

Every scene has been so dark that I've had to use hints because I couldn't find even more "obvious" things. I've changed my monitor resolution and lightened it up, but wow, these scenes are so very dark.

I'm enjoying the game and would like to buy it, but if every scene requires that I hold a flashlight to the screen, I might have to think again.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 5, 11 7:13 PM
The grapihcs are true eyecandy. Brilliant! The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and skippable minigames.The items are not too small or dark, despite the scenes being dark *for atmoshpere* The storyline is where ERS rules. This story is complex and compelling. Love it! There seems to be little difference between the SE and the CE.

This game is an A+.

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Mar 5, 11 7:48 PM
I bought the SE as soon as it came up. Just got finished with the game. The graphics are quite colorful, really dark in some places. I ran across the usual, wondering if a bow was a bow tie or a pretty ribbon bow or a bow for arrows. There was one particular one that I had no idea what it was, and had to use a clue. I don't remember what it was. The usual frustration of wondering where to go, what to do, but that is what I love about IHOG games, the challenge/frustration. I particularly liked the having to move or open something within the hidden object scene to find an item. I was glad that the puzzles were skippable, some I could do, some I couldn't do or finish them. I did have to refer to the walkthrough,more than a couple of times, which I am glad that is also offered with mostly every game right when BFG puts the game up for sale.The music was enjoyable. The storyline/plot was also very good. The developers did really, really good job with this game! I would just suggest to lighten up some of the scenes a little.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 6, 11 1:13 AM
Really good game. Played the whole demo. Graphics and music were good. Got stuck a a couple of times, but worked my way out of it. Looks like an "8" out of 10 for me..

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
685 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 6, 11 4:28 AM
Fantastic game well done ERS for this superb story... yes I nearly bought the CE but having spent loads last month got this on my punch card so well done me

Hope theres a sequel

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Really unhappy with the ending of SE

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Mar 6, 11 9:37 AM
I had waited a very long time for this game to go on SE . I was so happy I could get it this weekend and was really enjoying the game . That was until the end which was abrupt and left you feeling like you just played half a game . I do not want to spoil anyone fun buy explaining why I feel this way so Ill just say that there is no real closure to this game at all and what you find out at the last screen is that there is a whole bunch more to this story that was not included in the SE . I came away from this feeling like I was playing a demo of a much larger game . very disappointing

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Mar 6, 11 11:39 AM
felt like the game was going on forever, everything was great, BUT!!! A lot of fishies complained about the end in Dying for Daylight ( brill game) This did the same only worse. no ending at all, at least with a vampire they go home when the sun comes up!

petal62
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by petal62 on Mar 6, 11 11:52 AM
i have already played this game and i am sure it was from bf as i dont buy from any other site very puzzleing ?????????????

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Mar 6, 11 2:11 PM
I am sorry I am so dumb but what is SE and ERS?

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 6, 11 2:21 PM
sorry rozanne - we forget that not everyone knows the initials.

Games come in two versions CE which means Collectors Editions, they usually have about an extra hours play, wallpapers, artwork etc and the SE Standard Edition that are the basic game.

ERS are one of the game developers - they make very good games & when one such as Shadow Wolf comes out I will always try it out as I really like ERS developed games.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Mar 6, 11 2:42 PM
I love games like this..game was very interesting the whole way thru but disappointed with the ending..will not give away ending but it only showed what happen to 1..

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Mar 6, 11 5:09 PM
This game has excellent graphics, good theme, good hidden object challenges, but on scale on scale 1/5 would only rate it a 3.

My reasons for this rating? A total lack of logic related to finding necessary objects to finish a puzzle or a scene, Where else would one go to look for an empty bottle to fill with wine, but the tavern?! Surprise, it wasn't found there!

The ending left me cold. It was a slap in the face.

All in all, I bought it and would buy it again.

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 5:10:19 PM PST

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Mar 6, 11 5:23 PM
Enjoyed this game very much. Like the story and mini games. Hidden objects were not too hard to find. Look forward to seeing the sequel.

Go to: