bfgFlounder
12,344 Posts

Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 5, 11 1:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon technical issues here only

[Post New]by maxxxx14 on Mar 5, 11 6:22 AM
why does the game keep shutting down...

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon technical issues here only

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 5, 11 9:45 AM
As is the wont of most new ERS games, this one runs slow and sticky on my computer. Not all scenes, only certain ones, and I have ascertained that it's usually (but not always) the ones with fog, mist, smoke, or moving clouds. Something about the programming of those types of scenes really drains my computer's resources...or something.

Has anyone ever tried contacting ERS directly about this? I know it is VERY common for people to have the slowness issue with their games.

3/12/11, ETA-- At the time of my original post, I emailed ERS about the slowness of many of their games for many people. I received no reply. No acknowledgement. Nothing. In fact, I think I emailed them in the past and never received a reply.

This developer has gone way down in my book because they consistently ignore technical problems and they can't even respond to a customer's email??? Not good business imo. They're too busy churning out new games to make more $$$, I suppose. (And the new ones probably won't run well for many people either, but they don't seem to care about that.)

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 9:48:25 AM PST

[Post New]by tdiewold on Mar 5, 11 12:16 PM
I'm having the same issue - it keeps shutting down on my. I have uninstall and re-installed and the problem is still there.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 5, 11 2:42 PM
I got as far as the circus and when I went into the gypsy's caravan (trailer) my screen went black I had to control alt delete to get out of the game! I am soooooo disappointed because I really wanted to buy this game! Glad I just "re-demo'ed it!
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!

Happy gaming to all you fishy's who's game is working!

Lean

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Mar 5, 11 4:42 PM
The game is so slow................hate it too because this looks like a really good game!!!

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Mar 5, 11 9:39 PM
The old access violation rears its ugly head. Apparently every third game I try to play does this now, especially if it's from ERS.

muckheap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by muckheap on Mar 6, 11 6:46 AM
Every time I move to a new location the game closes itself and I have to start the scene again. UNTIL, I get to the girl's bedroom and that just shuts down every time I try to leave.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 6, 11 7:05 AM
I am deleting this game!!!!!! It will not open. After trying for 17 !!!!!!!!! times I had to restart the computer to get it to open. THis has been happening ever since I installed it. I am fed up with it. NO GAME IS WORTH THAT MUCH FRUSTRATION

[Post New]by krzykathy on Mar 6, 11 8:43 AM
Everytime I go up the left steps to get into the castle the game crashes to my desktop. Does anyone know how to work around this? I just downloaded it last nite so I think I have the latest version. My computer is on a 64 bit os. Could that have something to do with it?

[Post New]by TboneMcg on Mar 6, 11 7:57 PM
We've been having problems since trying the free version. Now we've bought it and have the same problem. It doesn't run. Looking in task manager it puts two entries there but never runs. If you try and run it again it says that it's already running, but on the screen where you start it, it says no programs are running. HELP!!!

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Mar 7, 11 10:40 AM
I donwloaded the game yesterday and when I opened it, it flickered badly so it was impossible to play. I deleted it and upgraded all my video. Today I downloaded it again, and it still flickers so badly that you can't play it.

lisette42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lisette42 on Mar 8, 11 1:24 AM
I downloaded the trial for this game and it told me I had no minutes left and I should buy it.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 9, 11 11:43 AM
I'm having the flickering screen happen when exiting the game. Disrupts everything and I'm not even able to access the Shut Down to reboot the PC. Never had this happen before and not particularly pleased it's happening now. I've done the Help section stuff and it's not my system since drivers are updated.

Edited on 03/09/2011 at 11:43:34 AM PST

[Post New]by CROCKETT315 on Mar 11, 11 2:51 AM
Several people are having trouble at various points in the game with inventory items not functioning as they are supposed to. In my own case, I am unable to proceed because the mace will not break through the hole in the cave wall. This seems a problem with the game itself, which runs beautifully on my computer.

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Mar 11, 11 1:49 PM
This game is soooo slow!!!! During my 60 minute try out, I only got into the house on the right and into the little girl's room. This should have only taken 5 minutes and it took me all 60 minutes! I love games by ERS Games, but this is so freaking slow I am not even going to buy it. I know it is not my computer because I haven't had this issue with Sherlock Holmes and the Hounds of Baskervilles that I just finished playing. From some of the other comments posted here, I can see that I am not the only person experiencing this issue.

nananor
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nananor on Mar 12, 11 4:05 PM
I am only at the scene outside the tent and the gypsy caravan and am finding that the game is sticky and jerky here. Not inside any of the applications, just outside. I hope this doesn't continue.

[Post New]by VIRGINA33 on Mar 12, 11 11:01 PM
my disks will not rotate.

cav_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by cav_ on Mar 13, 11 2:50 PM
Im at the spot where you have to put the red jewel in the boar's eye, in Hunter's cabin. I retrieved the jewel back in the cave, but its not in my inventory. Since i was up late last night, i thought i did not click the stone. But, to my surprise, I did and i cannot select (another) the jewel from the wall in the cave and thus far, it is not in my inventory.

Please help!

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Mar 14, 11 5:13 PM
choppy,slow-not working right at all-to bad looks like a good game!!!

Go to: