bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ now available for the Mac

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 11, 08 10:52 AM
We are very pleased to announce that the Mac version of Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ available on our website. You can download a copy here:

Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Mac

Big Fish Games Studios takes you on an Adventure into the stunning world of the Amazon with the Hidden Expedition team in search of a missing professor. A tattered map referencing the legendary Beetle Temple is your only clue as you begin your adventure deep into the Amazon Rainforest. Explore cities, temples, and ruins while unlocking the secrets of an ancient yet advanced civilization. This adventure is the largest yet for the Hidden Expedition team, and the discovery of the Beetle Temple is just the beginning.

heliotrope
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ now available for the Mac

[Post New]by heliotrope on Dec 11, 08 10:54 AM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you! This has made my day!

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Dec 11, 08 11:24 AM
What a humongously fantastic thing to wake up to! Thank-you BFG! This means a great deal to us Mac folks.

[Post New]by imacootie on Dec 11, 08 12:53 PM
Yeah Big Fish!! Thank you!! Merry Christmas to me! (And to you!)

[Post New]by capestar on Dec 11, 08 1:19 PM
Phantasmic! Thanks BFG. Seems like the changes/additions you've made in Mac staff is paying off. Keep up the good work. BTW, will the Strategy Guide for the Mac version be coming along?

werdeee
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by werdeee on Dec 12, 08 4:11 AM
Fantastic! This made a wonderful early birthday present (that I gave to myself because if someone else gave it, I'd have to wait until the 16th). I've been playing off and on all day and having a great time. I love many of the games you offer but I find myself most attracted to the ones Big Fish puts out themselves. Back to the game for me!

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Dec 12, 08 11:12 AM
owulissie - I have that problem with a few other exclusive BGF also with my 24" iMac. What I do to fix that is to open the options, deselect full screen, then select it again and it resizes the game correctly. Never had to do that on my old computer, so I am not sure what the problem is. Try that, and hopefully it will work for you.

bellezado
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by bellezado on Dec 12, 08 4:15 PM
I have the same problem with the full screen mode not being actual full screen about 75% of the time I open a game but the fix mentioned above by Felinda works every time! Don't know why - it's bit of a pain but at least the workaround is fairly simple.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Dec 17, 08 1:09 PM
My cursor is somewhat hard to control too. I tried the demo on my older iMac with a slower that recommended processor. I'm going to play the demo on my iBook & see how it runs.

Applyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,874 Posts

[Post New]by Applyn on Dec 25, 08 7:50 PM
TillyQ wrote:My cursor is somewhat hard to control too. I tried the demo on my older iMac with a slower that recommended processor. I'm going to play the demo on my iBook & see how it runs.

Hi,

I am new here. I'm using a Powerbook G4 and I downloaded this game
and the demo doesn't work. I also downloaded it from it's creator's website.
I open it and hit the try demo button and the same window appears, without the button "try demo." I really wanted to try this. I wonder why I have this problem and others do not.

Also, I just realized that my game, "Murder Among Friends," which I purchased and am at chapter 3, has disappeared from my hard drive!
Has anyone else had this happen? The game is gone and I am so disappointed. I don't want to put that hanoi toy back together again! LOL!
Now I have to start all over! I don't want to start over. I already did that the first time because it ended before I could save it.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Lynn

PS: Oh, wow! I just unzipped my original Murder Among Friends and I hit the icon and it went right to the last place I was during the game last night! PHEW!
This time I better put it in a different folder!

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 7:58:16 PM PST

[Post New]by bryorjoon on Jan 31, 09 3:34 PM
has anyone had problems with this game? i keep getting stuck on levels. i finish the level and i don't get the continue to next level prompt. i get continue to the other location but i have found everything. it is getting very annoying. i think my computer is fine, its a brand new mac.

[Post New]by ccopenhaver on Feb 26, 09 7:46 PM
I have MAC G4. I can't get a full screen, and it is very slow. Is there anything I can do?

[Post New]by ccopenhaver on Feb 28, 09 12:12 AM
Amazon is Amazingly Awesome. Even with the problems with the slow cursor, undulating screens, and not being able to have a full screen, I couldn't stop playing. Thanks to everyone in the forum for your hints. I will be playing again and hopefully without hints. Thank you again Big Fish for increasing the quality and quantity of games for the MAC!

[Post New]by dragoneyes3820 on Mar 6, 09 10:33 PM
Now it would be nice to be able to download the Strategy Guide that the BFG Site says is only for PC"s.

[Post New]by dragoneyes3820 on Mar 6, 09 10:41 PM
bryorjoon, Hi this is Dragoneyes3820, I have experienced some problems one is currently where I am at the cave entrance and I have found all the objects as well as the stuff for the inventory. I click on the boat and get the blue cursor but nothing else happens. I try putting the inventory items in the boat and nothing happens. I can't go forward as there is nothing to say I can. Also I purchased the Strategy Guide and the BFG site says its for PC only. I have tried to contact them at BFG and get no replies. Their site says its for MAC but it's not cause I downloaded it and it is an MS Exec program. Any ideas? Anyone. Thanks new to the games

mrshogget
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mrshogget on Mar 18, 09 2:30 PM
The game is delicious!

BUT, I ran out of maps after the gopher screen and no "continue" button. Can you please tell me how many levels there are in the game? I reached Casablanca & page 4 in the journal but I can't progress beyond.

So, how many levels are there in the game?

Thanks

mrshogget

[Post New]by Teachro on May 30, 09 1:06 PM
I have this game. I am at the snakes doing the "dance". I can't go on because I don't know what I have to do besides have them dance. What do I have to do now? I also wish the stragedy guide was available to the Macs. Why not, if the game is.
Thanks.
Teach Ro

[Post New]by sallysusanne on Sep 3, 09 9:51 AM
I haven't experienced any of the problems discussed earlier, however, I can't find the DRAWER KEY or PASSPORT in the office scene. Any help? Sally K

[Post New]by farmgirlmn on Sep 5, 09 8:49 AM
My copy of Hidden Expedition:Amazon won't save my game! Everytime I re-open the game the log-in screen appears like it's the first time and there are no 'explorers' saved - I have to start from the very beginning.

Any suggestions?

kaejo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kaejo on Sep 11, 09 10:22 PM
I'm stuck trying to get the crow bar and can't figure out how to get the flower and the golden slot maneuvered... hints are gone, have restarted that level three times now and it won't advance.. why isn't the strategy guide for the Mac up??? grrrr

Go to: