bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 5, 11 4:28 PM
We have the latest version of The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising available now. Please see this thread for more info:

UPDATE! New PC version available for The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising! March 5, 2011

If you are having problems getting the updated version of The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Post any The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ariinya on Mar 5, 11 10:55 PM
Hmm... the video seems to lag, and sometimes the screen cuts itself off. That, and in the opening cinematic, Hapu doesn't say his line about Hattie being a woman! Sad panda...

[Post New]by Tashasmam on Mar 9, 11 3:29 PM
I can't even get this game to open on my computer.... game manager says there is a game in progress and then switches over to the screen where I've closed the game

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 9, 11 3:49 PM
Hi Ariinya,

There are a couple of things you can take a look at for the lag and display and here are two help articles that can assist you with this:

Screen Resolution (for the display)

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen (for the lag)

Tashasmam, please check your running processes to make sure that two games are not open. If you can't find a second game, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager; take a look at this help article for those instructions:

Game Manager

For any further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Mar 10, 11 4:45 AM
Also had game frame cutting issues. I changed resolution before dropping by here, but it didn't help. It only improved when I switched to framed game,and as this was after changing the resolution everything was microscopic.

Didn't try playing framed with alower resol, but I won't bother. I just play during recesses from work, and having to change resol each time aint worth it.

[Post New]by SnoAngel83 on Mar 11, 11 8:09 AM
When I start the game I can not see the mouse at all so I can't select the levels and what not!

rhodiemom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Level 18

[Post New]by rhodiemom on Mar 11, 11 7:36 PM
Downloaded on March 10th and purchased on March 11th so I am assuming this is the new version. In level 18, one of the goals is 4000 stones. I have played this level over 7 times and the 4000 stone goal is never acknowledged. I have even played past the 4000 stones (after achieving the other 2 goals) and gotten 40,000 stones and the goal never checks off. In this type of game the level never ends until you achieve all goals so obviously this level never ends so I cannot continue the game. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on Mar 12, 11 4:38 AM
Hi, I tried this game before I bought it and it played great. However, after purchasing it, when I play a level, any level, the time bar isnt there. The golden scarab is on the bottom of the time bar but there is no bar visible so I cant see how much time is left for the level. I didnt have this problem on the trial game. Any solutions?
I have the updated version as i purchased on the 11th March.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:40:06 AM PST

[Post New]by snuffaluffakus on Mar 13, 11 7:53 PM
I get an access violation on this. Sooooo frustrating. I have done about 25 different things thru tech support to try and get this and terrafarmers to work but nothing has worked. I really want to play this game. And i am out 2 game credits right now.

[Post New]by vagabondpixie on Mar 15, 11 4:38 PM
I purchased the MAC version March 11th. It only went to level 30. If I uninstall and re-download, will I get the new version, or is the new version only for PC's?

Lazyhab
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Lazyhab on Mar 18, 11 7:30 AM
I think I would like to buy this game but am unable to play it! Downloaded new version after uninstalling old one and still will not even start . Sometimes I get the message "unable to start game, another game is currently running" but there isn't"

Hope you can help me as I really want this game!

[Post New]by Loverboy123 on Mar 18, 11 8:02 PM
I have a new computer with lots of memory, and on several levels, the quarry freezes. What's the problem?

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Mar 20, 11 3:11 PM
I, too, cannot get the game to run. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a trial version of the game, but it still will not launch even though Game Manager says it is running. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit machine, with 4 or more gigs of ram, so memory and processing speed are not an issue. I downloaded several games to trial and this is the only one that will not run.

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Mar 20, 11 3:35 PM
For those who are having trouble with the game not launching, if you are running Windows 7 or Vista, try launching the game from your administrator's account.

I could not play the game with my normal account, but it played on my administrator's account, so I am guessing there is some kind of permissions issue in the file launch. I'll notify tech support.

[Post New]by duchesstaylor on Mar 28, 11 12:17 AM
I can only get to level 15 and the game doesn't acknowledge that I built 8 villas so cannot proceed.

I have reinstalled the game twice.

Any suggestions?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Mar 28, 11 11:03 AM
duchesstaylor wrote:I can only get to level 15 and the game doesn't acknowledge that I built 8 villas so cannot proceed.

I have reinstalled the game twice.

Any suggestions?

Duchess, you may have to upgrade those villas 3 times. Check the goals. If there are three ankhs next to the villa, then you need to upgrade them three times.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 14, 11 11:35 AM
Well, I wasted download time doing this one! It wouldn't even open to play on my Win7 Notebook. My Task Manager told me the game was running, but the only thing open was the Game Manager

Nor would it uninstall from the Trash Can in the GM. I had to go into Programs and do it that way.

eta: I AM the Administrator on my PC, nobody else about to use it!!!!

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 11:38:11 AM PST

[Post New]by GoodBitey on Jun 14, 11 12:41 PM
Stuck on level 12, I have beat it three times now getting the golden scarab the last two times, the first time I just barely missed it. Anyways everytime I beat it now it doesn't progress just stays on level 12. I am not sure what else I am supposed to do, am I missing something or is the game stuck?

[Post New]by trevors1 on Jun 17, 11 9:01 AM
I have the iPad app & am stuck on level 12 as well. I have completed it twice well within time but can not appear to go further.

[Post New]by Wkspatzer on Jun 18, 11 9:51 AM
On level 13, you need 20"joys" to complete the level. However, there are only 3 available enrichments. Is this a "bug" or am I missing something? Thanks

Go to: