Is anyone else having this issue??

[Post New]by Luvspurple1969 on Dec 11, 08 2:28 PM
Okay so I downloaded this sucker......4 HOURS LATER I open up the game and all I see is the bedroom NOTHING else. I can't even get my cursor to show up on the freakin screen!! OOOOHKAY so I deleted and downloaded YET AGAIN......ANOTHER 4 FRRREEEAAAKKKIN HOURS and the EXACT SAME THING. I did wait 5 FREAKIN MINUTES to make SURE it had loaded and if it hadn't loaded within 5 minutes then there is a SERIOUS SERIOUS PROBLEM with this game. If it means staring at a freakin picture with no cursor or anything then YEAH I played it!!!! I have windows xp btw so what next? Sorry to yell but I'm slightly teed off right now!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re:Is anyone else having this issue??

[Post New]by ellbee on Dec 11, 08 6:34 PM
I have the same problem

[Post New]by Luvspurple1969 on Dec 12, 08 8:05 AM
Not that it's a good thing but I'm glad I'm not the only one that's having issues!!! I've had a lot of problems downloading games from Big Fish but other game sites.....not one problem downloading and installing EXCEPT for one particular game BUT that was a glitch in the game itself and not the download. If I didn't love big fish so much I'd have dropped this sucker like a hot potato YESTERDAY!!!! lol If ya get the game to work PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what I need to do in order to get this sucker to work!!!!! It really sounds like an AWESOME game!!!!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 12, 08 9:10 AM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties with
Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Dec 12, 08 10:14 AM
No problems here. I was having problems with several games so I had a video card installed in my computer. I have not had any problems since. Hope this info is helpfull as I understand how annoying this can be. Do not give up as this is an excellent game and I am sure someone can help you. Another thing you could do is ensure your computer meets the system requirements for the game. We use the word friggin instead of freekin, but I suspect they mean the same thing.

[Post New]by MaasiesMess on Dec 12, 08 7:24 PM
I wasn't having any problems at all until I decided to try to change my screen resolution so that I could open up another page to try and find a walk through or tip and then the game got all squashed up and wouldn't unsquash! I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted and then contacted support which I am still waiting to hear from. I must have 20 games from BigFish and this is the first time I have ever had a problem so I can't complain too much... :whistle:

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on May 11, 10 12:37 PM
When I opened up the game, it said to click to continue. I couldn't see any cursor. I thought something was wrong, but I went ahead and clicked and the game progressed.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on May 11, 10 2:08 PM
Same here, on some screens there is no cursor, but clicking advances through the screens.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 11, 10 5:50 PM
Ditto, I just kept clicking, even though I couldn't see my cursor, untill they stopped talking and the game moved on

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 10 8:28 PM
Same here, the opening page had no cursor. There was an option to switch off custon one but I took my chances. Like others said, just click anyway on the page and it progresses, then the cursor will appear to play. Weird, even where it says Continue you can't with no pointer, so that threw me too.

Game is playing find now, until I got to a punch and a card in inventory I could pick up but wouldn't stick to the puzzle piece. Went to another room, then found scotch tape, went back, tape had nothing to do with it, but tried the punch again and it worked. Taking me almost 30 minutes just to learn the gameplay, but I like the graphics and will keep going til hour is up. It's my kind of game if not too hard, not to easy. I like that you can only go to 2 locations at a time so shouldn't wander and get lost.

Open, then just click anywhere.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 12, 10 12:29 AM
Guess I am lucky, had no problems with it.

[Post New]by wishbone44 on May 13, 10 1:20 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem.

I open the game. I see a bedroom. On some parts of the screen, a yellow arrow cursor appears, and other parts of the screen, it does not. I have clicked everywhere I possibly could, and nothing happens.

Kind Regards,
Diane

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 13, 10 1:35 PM
Hi fishies,

Sorry to hear that where are some cursor issues. It's possible that it's a display issue that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The good thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a link to our help article.

Display Errors

Also, here is a walkthrough posted by bfgAegean that may help! Click here!

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

Go to: