WARNING READ BEFORE PLAYING!!!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 6, 11 3:19 PM
I just had to try this game after reading the reviews to see it myself.. lol curiosity killed the cat you know..

I actually was doing OK with the game and thought perhaps I may put it on my DD list. NOT unless this is fixed!

DO NOT adjust the brightness in the game's option's!!! It will also adjust your GAMMA levels on your computer!
When the demo was over I came out to an almost colorless screen!! I could hardly see any thing on my laptop screen right now.. it was all very bright and white!!

Bad enough the game is sub-par but to change the settings on our computers when you think you are only changing them in game is sneaky and I for one will NEVER trust or support a company that does that! I have a few games that do have the brightness setting in the options and all of them ONLY change it in the game, unlike this game. It tells you they "suggest you adjust the brightness in your PC settings" but they do not say if you adjust it in the options menu it IS adjusting it on your PC.

I'm so upset and angry right now, in Dec a game I like got pulled because more than normal had problems getting it to play (worked fine for me and many others)..and it was liked by some fishies.. I was one upset I could not buy it. With that in mind, its clear very few will buy this and the fact that it changes your settings with no warning to top it off should be enough to pull this "PHILE" of &^#@! :thumbdown Phile is the spelling of vile in this game.)

ETA FIX: I'm running XP, and had to go to...

Start
Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
NVIDIA Control Panel

For anyone else with a different video card (mine is NVIDIA) that is where you would go to fix the problem. From there it was my GAMMA that had to be reset back to 0. Nice tip on the brightness.. but that was not it. Knowing it changes your gamma level is even worse!

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 8:25:36 PM PST

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

Re:WARNING READ BEFORE PLAYING!!!

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Mar 6, 11 3:33 PM
Same thing happened to me!!! I am so upset, I just got a new computer on Wednesday with windows 7 and I can't find the brightness button or whatever you call it.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 6, 11 3:52 PM
I don't know if this will help but on my computer, I went to:

Start
Control Panel
Hardware and Sound
Power Options

And at the bottom, there's a little slide bar that adjusts brightness.

Good luck!

[Post New]by dochran on Mar 6, 11 3:55 PM
Relax, Folks... the contrast on a laptop is usually a key combination (ie, on my Dell, it is the function key and the "up" or "down" button.) Check your manual (you can find it on line), or just really LOOK at your keyboard. The function keys often have print color that is different than your "normal" keys.

For future reference, you can't just change your contrast "for the game".

Good Luck.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Mar 6, 11 4:01 PM
Hi, for windows 7, click on the pearl in the left-hand lower corner-click on control panel-search brightness, and this will take you to "power options"-"adjust brightness". Hope this helps. It is just so wrong that a game would alter your PC settings!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 6, 11 4:31 PM
I'm invisible!

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Mar 6, 11 5:24 PM
Thank you for answering so soon. I just got this new computer on Wednesday and not sure where all the buttons are. LOL (for windows 7)

[Post New]by mhill1 on Mar 6, 11 5:46 PM
I was going to ask how to change the lanquage in Dr. Jeckyll. I guess it's in Russian or something but, after reading how no-one really liked the game in the first place. Never mind.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 6, 11 6:28 PM
I'm running XP, and had to go to...

Start
Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
NVIDIA Control Panel

For anyone else with a different video card (mine is NVIDIA) that is where you would go to fix the problem. From there it was my GAMMA that had to be reset back to 0. Nice tip on the brightness.. but that was not it. Knowing it changes your gamma level is even worse!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 6, 11 6:38 PM
dochran wrote:Relax, Folks... the contrast on a laptop is usually a key combination (ie, on my Dell, it is the function key and the "up" or "down" button.) Check your manual (you can find it on line), or just really LOOK at your keyboard. The function keys often have print color that is different than your "normal" keys.

For future reference, you can't just change your contrast "for the game".

Good Luck.

Not contrast.. it was gamma. Sorry to have to correct you, however I have played(own over 300 games.. lol don't ask which 2 they were) several HOGs that have a brightness control in the option's menu, and when I exited the games my settings on my laptop were never changed.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Mar 6, 11 6:42 PM
I'm not happy about the controls on this game either, and I own over 300 from BF...sent an email into support, and have yet to receive a confirmation email...things seem to be going downhill these days...

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 6, 11 6:59 PM
Lynne, make sure add the Big Fish Games Customer Support email address to your contacts list. It may have gone to your spam box.. check there too. It's also Sunday after hours, you should recieve an email back when they open in the morning. I have never had a problem with , or thier help departments. Lets remember this is the Developer at fault not . If anyone has a problem with any game a to will always be answered and they will make it right.

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Mar 7, 11 2:52 AM
I have XP but not NVIDA so how do I get my color back to normal?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

WARNING READ BEFORE PLAYING!!!

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 7, 11 3:52 AM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:DO NOT adjust the brightness in the game's option's!!! It will also adjust your GAMMA levels on your computer!
When the demo was over I came out to an almost colorless screen!! I could hardly see any thing on my laptop screen right now.. it was all very bright and white!!

I adjusted the brightness in the game, and when I finished playing, my screen was just as it always was. I had no problems whatsoever.

bpfrimmer wrote: Same thing happened to me!!! I am so upset, I just got a new computer on Wednesday with windows 7 and I can't find the brightness button or whatever you call it.

Do you mean you can´t find the brightness button on your computer? It´s the combination of Fn+F5/F6 keys to down and up the brightness respectively.

I have a Win7 / 64-bit computer and no problems

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 3:55:11 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 7, 11 7:22 PM
LadyXXXHolic wrote:I have XP but not NVIDIA so how do I get my color back to normal?

NVIDIA is my graphics card so I'd look for your graphics card under the control panel. If your in category view (start, control panel, performance and maintenance) it should show the graphics card settings. Under it I found my gamma bar and slid it to 0.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Mar 12, 11 12:46 PM
Thanks for the warning. Wow. It doesn't sound as though this one was tested very all on any level.

Go to: