bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart CE! March 4, 2011

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 9:46 AM
We have a new version of Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game addresses issues that have been reported regarding the sunflower garden and the dream cards sticking.

IMPORTANT:

You will need to create a new player profile if you update to the new version because the old profile won't work with the new version.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart CE! March 4, 2011

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 7, 11 12:57 PM
I can´t now remember whether I bought the game before or after this announcement was made. I bought the game on the 4. of March, but don´t know if it was before or after the new version came out.
I finished the game and have had no problems. And there is nothing on the Game Manager that tells me to install a new version. So I am assuming I can just keep my game and don´t have to update it?

BTW, the version I have is 2.0.1.43 - is that the new version?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart CE! March 4, 2011

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 1:34 PM
Hi Valdy!

Version 2.0.1.43 is for the Game Manager, and it sounds like you're totally up to date with the version that you have for it.

I'm unfortunately not sure exactly what time the updated version of Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition went live on Friday, but I would guess that it would have been live no later than 6 PM PST.

Regardless though, if you've been able to play through whichever version you have without any trouble, then I wouldn't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling to check for any potential updates, but would instead just keep whichever version you have.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoyed the game!

-bfgDonau

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 7, 11 2:05 PM
Oooh... 6pm PST on Friday - I would have then already downloaded the game.

But I will keep the one I have - didn´t have any problems with it. Thanks Donau.

TAP73
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by TAP73 on Mar 7, 11 3:04 PM
I downloaded this on March 5, 2011, so it must be the update, but it still does not save the profile. I have to start over every time I go back in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice and it still does not save. I hope there is another fix coming soon, otherwise I want my money back.

[Post New]by PeggyLprp on Mar 7, 11 3:31 PM
ditto, I like the game but not enough to keep restarting at the beginning, I'll never get it done.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 4:43 PM
Welcome to the pond TAP73 and PeggyLprp!

I definitely wouldn't want to have to start again at the beginning of the game each time either. I'd recommend giving the steps in this help article a try:

Save Errors

If the trouble with saving continues, please be sure to contact Customer Support so that they can assist further. They'll also be able to gather data regarding the different systems that are being affected by this save error, which they can then send on to the game's developer.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Feel free to also post in the Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only thread.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by kim1961 on Mar 8, 11 2:49 AM
I've unistalled and reinstalled the game, but the problem still remains. When you leave the game it does not save the profile or game progress. If this is not solved soon, I will be wanting my money back. The game is great, but I don't have enough free hours to complete it at one go, and now I'm getting pretty bored with completing the same tasks over and over again.

[Post New]by dani9987 on Mar 8, 11 9:59 PM
Hello,

One question is there a walkthrough for this game if so where would I find it and thank you very much for your help

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 9, 11 2:00 PM
dani9987 wrote:Hello,

One question is there a walkthrough for this game if so where would I find it and thank you very much for your help

Hi dani9987!

At this time we don't have a walkthrough for the game, but it does have a built-in Strategy Guide and the hint system can also be used for guidance.

To access the Strategy Guide, just look for the red book above the Menu button once you're in the game after clicking on Play.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by PamSerr on Aug 11, 12 4:24 AM
I, too, want my money back if this issue with not saving can't be fixed. I don't have time to sit hours on end trying to play this or any other game all the way through. That's why I get these - to play at my leisure. Please, send us a fix for this or refund us with either our money back or an option for another game of the same value.

Go to: