bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 9:51 AM
We have an updated version of Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition available now. To get the updated version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. More information can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart CE! March 4, 2011

If you are having problems getting the latest version of Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

melon804
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by melon804 on Mar 7, 11 12:19 PM
What about the issue of the game not saving?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 1:25 PM
Hi melon804!

If the game isn't saving properly, then please try running it as administrator. There are some steps in this help article that may come in handy:

Save Errors

If that doesn't do the trick, then I'd recommend contacting our Customer Support team so that they can help further. They can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

melon804
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by melon804 on Mar 7, 11 2:56 PM
No, I'm done with this game! I want my money back for it. I've played up until Act 3 and it's always the same. The screen goes black and I start all over again. I'm not doing this anymore! I have played the same Acts 5 times now, and I'm done!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 7, 11 4:45 PM
Hi melon804,

I'm very sorry for the frustration with the game. If you'd like to request a refund, please contact Customer Support, as they'll have access to your Big Fish account.

Hope this helps,

-bfgDonau

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Mar 7, 11 10:54 PM
Does the new update address the sluggish cursor issue? I played it through once, but by the end the cursor was so slow and jerky as to be excruciating. I've e-mailed customer support, but I wondered if the new update addressed this issue also.

[Post New]by katohavice on Mar 8, 11 5:56 PM
My slingshot will not shoot at the targets.

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Mar 9, 11 8:11 AM
I have named all of the shadow things and all symbols are lit, but I still have one card left and the game will not return to the scene. Everything is working, but the game will not continue. I can quit, call up inventory, but I cannot get the cards to return to the bottom of the screen to try something else. I will reboot and try again.

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Mar 9, 11 8:46 AM
This is the last shadow of the six to be named. I have named it, but this time, it doesn't say that it is named and when I pull up the map it shows that I still need to solve the last one. So, I cannot get the recipe although I have all the ingredients. Stuck until someone can tell me what is wrong.

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Mar 9, 11 8:49 AM
Sorry, I re-read the other thread and found my answer. Will have to uninstall and put in the newer version...didn't think I had installed it after the 4th, but I probably did.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Mar 11, 11 7:18 PM
I installed the game yesterday, 3/10, I've played just fine until I have to name the barnyard shadow locks, Rose eyes. There are five spaces for cards to name it, however there are six cards. I even got to the point where I peeked at the strategy guide, yep I had it correct, one card left over and the game just stops there, I can click off and start over but it never recognizes that it has a name. Can move around to different areas but can't proceed until the game recognizes the name and I can use the potion. Now I didn't install the game until yesterday so I believe this is the new version. I also used Dr. Felix and emailed my results. Haven't heard back yet. Would really like to play the game! I still love BFG!

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Mar 12, 11 1:21 PM
melon804 wrote:No, I'm done with this game! I want my money back for it. I've played up until Act 3 and it's always the same. The screen goes black and I start all over again. I'm not doing this anymore! I have played the same Acts 5 times now, and I'm done!

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Mar 12, 11 1:27 PM
My screen went black too, as soon as I got second music sheet, and played h.o. in barn my cursor couldn`t go down out of the barn, then turned black except inv. items, strat. guide, hints,and menu. Bummer, once again, on a C.E. game. Last week it was stray souls. Why??? ip57

[Post New]by kim1961 on Mar 13, 11 3:14 AM
I've tried running this game as administrator, but then the game won't even start. The game still does not save the profile so it is useless to play it unless you have hours to play the game without stopping. This is the second game recently which has had technical problems, resulting in an inability to play them.

[Post New]by perks123 on Mar 13, 11 10:51 AM
Cursor is sluggish at times. Game slows down and freezes many times throughout the game. Had to reboot the computer several times which became very aggravating.

[Post New]by wingnuts0915 on Mar 14, 11 11:18 AM
I am not able to save, and yes, I am running XP as Administrator.

[Post New]by shaganese on Mar 16, 11 7:14 AM
''FISH TAIL next to the doorway''...there is absolutely nothin next to the doorway in my game...i hav gone back n forth hopin it will appear..well nothin ..now im stuck..!iv got just the head...n cant go further..

Re:Post any Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by shaganese on Mar 16, 11 7:45 AM
helpp!!!!
shaganese wrote:''FISH TAIL next to the doorway''...there is absolutely nothin next to the doorway in my game...i hav gone back n forth hopin it will appear..well nothin ..now im stuck..!iv got just the head...n cant go further..

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Mar 16, 11 8:05 AM
I am having the exact same problem as aowyn. The game is not responding to ROSEEYES...please help! Thanks bootsky

[Post New]by shaw_n on Mar 19, 11 9:19 PM
I have gotten to the apothecary at the end of Act 2, and I have done the first hidden object area, plus I have found the snake skin and worm. I can see the eye peeking through the cabinet, but I click on it, and nothing happens. I can't leave the room because the hint just says that someone is watching me, and when I go to leave, it says I'm being watched, but I can't go any further. Is this a glitch in the game? What can I do? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it didn't help.

Go to: