bfgFlounder
9,236 Posts

Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 8, 11 12:05 AM
Banish the ghosts, uncover a mystery and live the adventure! In the haunted mansion, excitement is around every corner! Dive into Mystery Seekers: The Haunted Mansion and use your Hidden Object skills to hunt for clues and rid the mansion of the spooky spirits! Explore beautiful locations and complete multiple missions, perplexing puzzles, and mesmerizing minigames to succeed.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,439 Posts

Re:Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 8, 11 12:19 AM

Tip: watch out for the Bing program imbedded in the DirectX install.

This game isn't for me but, for all those fishies that might enjoy it: Happy Gaming!!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Mar 8, 11 12:29 AM
Not impressed with graphics and there is no music or sound effects. Just another blah game. It's a no buy for me.

2dogsx2
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Mar 8, 11 12:36 AM
bugger! i am starved for a deceint hog, there has only been 2 in the last 2 months
might have to look else were, but wishing i didnt have to, oh well back to phantasmat for the 4th time!
cheers

nomatt
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 8, 11 12:39 AM
Sorry, and I know somebody might like this game, but it is rubbish. I think somebody knocked this one up in his garage one night. I won't list all the things I think are wrong with it but the best thing is it has a delete button. Not for me then.
PS, as for the direct x thing, unless you haven't played any games for a long time you will already have the latest direct x, just say no to the install.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 12:41:55 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,032 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 8, 11 12:40 AM
No music, no sound effects, no tutorial, a hint system that penalizes you ten minutes for every hint and that takes two minutes to refill PLUS a cursor that freezes if you click too many wrong things, and no storyline at all. You're just dumped outside of a mansion without any instructions. Perhaps the storyline is in the journal--I don't know--but it's definitely NOT in the game proper. A disappointment all around.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 8, 11 1:01 AM
Played for 30 min. and now I have a headache. I don't like it. Graphics are not clear.

Again no buy for me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,628 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 8, 11 1:09 AM
I've been away for 4 days and I'm glad to realise I didn't miss anything. A good game please.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,087 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 8, 11 1:19 AM
There was no introduction to the game what so ever. I don't even know who the heck the main character is. You're standing in front of a mansion knowing you can go left, right, or in front of the mansion. It's one of those moments, Ahhh gee George, which way do I go? What the heck do I do?

Game play: Horrible.

Graphics: Stink and I have 22 inch HD monitor and still can't tell what the heck they are asking for.

Music: nothing.

Mini games: That weird puzzle had to use the hint twice cause I couldn't make heads nor tails out of it.

Hints: Every time you want to use a hint, that question would come up, "Are you sure you want to use a hint? It will add 10 minutes to your game". Noooo I don't want to use a hint, I was just checking to see if the button works.

This game awful. Simply awful.

fireeyes5
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 8, 11 1:28 AM
I played it for maybe 10 minutes. I think my eyes are now a blurry mess from it. I don't like the graphics, the constant do you want to do this questions that you have to click on before continuing to play. The journal does give you an idea of the story line and on the upper right there are instructions, but what a boring game. The ghost fight is ridiculous. Anyway, will not buy this game.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 8, 11 1:35 AM
Oh GOD!!!!!!! One more crappy game. Thats 3 out of 4 days. Frog, Ihog, Hogs are all I play. This one looks like it's been recycled from the beginning of game developing. Had to delete after 5 minutes.

I have beta tested so many BFG games for the last couple of months, some really outstanding that I know I would buy in a heartbeat and yet they rarely appear. What's with that?

Getting quite frustrated with BFG at this point and my coupons and credits are accumulating.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Mar 8, 11 1:36 AM
Terrible Game!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,087 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 8, 11 1:36 AM
fireeyes5 wrote:I played it for maybe 10 minutes. I think my eyes are now a blurry mess from it. I don't like the graphics, the constant do you want to do this questions that you have to click on before continuing to play. The journal does give you an idea of the story line and on the upper right there are instructions, but what a boring game. The ghost fight is ridiculous. Anyway, will not buy this game.

Yep what Fire said. One monstrosity.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
570 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 8, 11 3:04 AM
i agree with all the fishies in this pound!very bad game!perhaps a new game (and a good one,of course!)every day is impossible ?i agree,tuttepeever,i betaed very very good games and some of them in september,and they never came out!perhaps are they keeping them to make CE and CE?so can't publish them every day?
if BF goes on to publish bad games in exchange of game club credits,i prefer to pay the good price ,for i feel deceived by the deal ,and the 3 punch credits are a joke!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,903 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 8, 11 3:31 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this game -- it seems that I spent more time trying to do the puzzles (was working on the 3rd one when the trial time ran out) than in doing anything else.

Then in 1 area it states that the desk has a broken key stuck in the lock and the only way to open it is to pry it open and I tried to do that with the chisel and I got a message that you can't use the 2 objects together ; what 2 objects -- I was just trying to use the 1 object -- the chisel

I don't know -- I MIGHT it, when/if it comes out as a DD but I find this a bit too frustrating to pay the full price. Unlike many other forum members, I've still got other games on my manager list that still needs to be played out.

MEnr56

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Mar 8, 11 4:44 AM
[b]I agree with you having trouble using my credits too
i refuse to settle for any of the regular games that have been on here lately like you said they are rubbish
just tried playing this one it is worthless also
i think a child could make better games than the ones we have had lately

Then you buy the collecters edition and the only ones that are any good is the regular games from collecters edition
really having a problem with this lately
i have not been buying any and was buying several a month but i guess that is over with and who is rating these worthless games anyway whoever it is needs to be replaced or just try playing the games they are trying to sell us

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 8, 11 4:50 AM
another Horrible game, Graphics are bad, just the whole game is terrible, BF we know you can do better then this, I don't have anything else to say except

[Post New]by queenpixie on Mar 8, 11 5:28 AM
Seriously?? No plot, dumped into the middle of a scene with no instructions, took me 20 minutes and I still couldn't find all of the gems to get in the mansion...NO GO FOR ME!! Come on BFG...bring us some good HOG or FROG games!!!

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Mar 8, 11 6:50 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of this game -- it seems that I spent more time trying to do the puzzles (was working on the 3rd one when the trial time ran out) than in doing anything else.

Then in 1 area it states that the desk has a broken key stuck in the lock and the only way to open it is to pry it open and I tried to do that with the chisel and I got a message that you can't use the 2 objects together ; what 2 objects -- I was just trying to use the 1 object -- the chisel

I don't know -- I MIGHT it, when/if it comes out as a DD but I find this a bit too frustrating to pay the full price. Unlike many other forum members, I've still got other games on my manager list that still needs to be played out.

MEnr56

If you get message "u can't use 2 objects together" you are using the wrong item. You have to use a different item to open the desk, something that will "grip" the key perhaps? Hope this helps if you decide to continue playing.

Go to: