bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 8, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Mar 8, 11 12:12 AM
Good Morning, Ladies & Gentemen!!

Just Checking In!!

Have fun!!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 8, 11 12:16 AM
Good morning Blackie

I'm just downloading

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 8, 11 12:18 AM
Good Morning downloading now too.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Mar 8, 11 12:22 AM
Hey now. Downloading too. Gettin my dancin shoes on.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 8, 11 12:30 AM
dootney wrote:Hey now. Downloading too. Gettin my dancin shoes on.

Hi sweet friend I was dancin' (well kind of) until I found out I can't use my left-handed mouse. It's so frustrating to be excited about a new game and not be able to play.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 8, 11 12:35 AM
Good Evening from this part of the world! Lets hope this is worthy of a credit!!!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 8, 11 12:36 AM
Trust me, you're missing nothing. Very disappointing.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 8, 11 12:45 AM
Nomatt, can you say why it was disappointing? I dont want to dl it if it is a waste.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 8, 11 1:13 AM
Good Morning all.

I have played very little of this game & I am really not sure what to make of it.

I can not decide if I love it or hate it, but |I am intrigued by it.

I hate the enormouse target style curser, it is far too big & distracts they eye from the objects, in the Hidden Object scenes.

There are diamonds to collect which assist you when fighting ghosts which is when your humongus curser comes in handy.

The H O were nicely done & I did use a hint ( at the cost of 10 mins on my time ) ( and I noticed it refilled slowly) but the object was infront of my nose.

So far I would describe this game as intriging, very nice artistically & a bit clanky.

I'll update later if I have anything further to add, but I think I might actually end up liking this game.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 8, 11 1:45 AM
I was so hopeful that this would be a really good game. But all i can say is it's horrible.
It was very boring. Not made very well IMHO.
Dev's, if your reading this, you should of put more into this game if you wanted it to sell.
BF, what is going on with you of late?! What's with all these poorly made games your putting out?
I'm a very fair person when it comes to games but the pattern i'm seeing these past couple of weeks, it's not good.

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Mar 8, 11 3:56 AM
I havent personally downloaded it or played it but I did google it yesterday. It said it was a classic click and point adventure game that was aimed at 7-11 year old children, so that put me off right away

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Mar 8, 11 4:47 AM
are you kidding me this game is rubbish
i dont know what it is that you like about it unless you are the develper of the game

dodogirls
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dodogirls on Mar 8, 11 5:46 AM
Thoroughly enjoying the game get a bit stuck every now and then and it does cost a ot of minutes to use the hint button, and towards the end of the game all I seem to be doing is shooting flaming ghosts! Well worth a credit though........

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Mar 8, 11 6:42 AM
Good concept, poorly executed! It's ashame these people put all that effort in designing ALL the objects in the hidden object scenes: they don't look normal, therefore you can't make them out, even if you're staring right at them!
Anyway, I'm stuck in the dining room and all the hints (I must have put an hour or so in penalties for using the hint button - VERY frustrating) point at some glassware on the table, which I don't know what to do with!! I have a complete red amulet, pieces of a blue and a green one and a shield with a sword on it. Any suggestions please????

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum

[Post New]by lillijeff on Mar 8, 11 6:44 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

HOW ABOUT A WALKTHROUGH!!!!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 8, 11 3:32 PM
tried it for 60 min,decide to buy see where it was going.will when went back nothing was save.not sure if i want to start again.so if you don,nt want to start all over don,nt buy.

[Post New]by cinderella49 on Mar 9, 11 7:43 AM
I purchased this game yesterday, and I'm asking for some assistance. Aside from the large cursor, volume preset, and huge time costs for using hints, I am getting a repeating instruction to 'visit entrance hall front" which I have done countless times. I've collected 25 crystals, complete pink amulet, 1 pc of blue amulet, knitting needle, fishing hook,lit candle, and set of keys that have enabled me to open all rooms available. What am I missing? Very frustrating, hints give little guidance!

[Post New]by Signing2Worship on Mar 10, 11 4:56 AM
Zoesgran wrote: a classic click and point adventure game that was aimed at 7-11 year old children

Really? no self-respecting 7-11 year old I know would enjoy this one - I'm so bummed.

I did look at the "achievements" to see how long it is - 15 "missions", 66 "items", 39 "mini games", 10 "letters"

[Post New]by smontgomery10 on Mar 10, 11 4:57 AM
Well, I'm stuck at the VERY BEGINNING. I have a wooden pole, two pieces of a red amulet, one piece of a blue amulet, half a sheet of safe code, and a small kitchen key. The key does not work on the kitchen cupboard. I honestly don't know what to do from here. I've never been this stuck so early in such an easy game!

Suggestions/hints folks?

Go to: