bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 8, 11 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 8, 11 12:44 AM
"Fatal Error: 3D could not access your graphic device"

Enough with those old Direct X, with Bing bars!!!

Re:Post any Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by kim1961 on Mar 8, 11 2:15 AM
I'm also having the same problem: Fatal Error: 3D could not access your graphics device. !!

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Mar 8, 11 2:29 AM
Ditto, same problem here.
First time for this message though.
At least tech issues vary and add a bit of diversity for frustration.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Mar 8, 11 3:44 AM
Will not add direct x ever again as my computer went nuts. Once I uninstalled it went back to normal. Took awhile however and don`t appreciate having to go through that again. If BF has to have that type of add-on we should be warned first.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 8, 11 4:01 AM
Well I hit cancel on the dirx download because I already have it up to date. But when I hit play on the demo got an error 126 something about corrupt DLL. Not worth pursuing it, darn thing took over 12 minutes to load on high speed cable. That's twice as long as most CEs to load. I just uninstalled since it doesn't sound like a fun game anyway.

[Post New]by coolest_mommy on Mar 8, 11 5:18 AM
Same thing happened to me. Corrupt DLL. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to playing this game. Uninstall.

isabeau1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by isabeau1 on Mar 8, 11 5:55 AM
Same problem here with the installation of the game

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 8, 11 7:00 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:"Fatal Error: 3D could not access your graphic device"

Enough with those old Direct X, with Bing bars!!!

Same thing, and after reading reviews, don't really care.

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Mar 8, 11 3:31 PM
geez, I hope this isn't why I've been having so much trouble with these games lately. I can't get anything to play, and with 3 credits I would like to acquire some more games. Big Fish was the one to tell me to add the directx about a month or more ago and I've had nothing but trouble since. I couldn't get past the front door in this game. I got in with the key, it told me to collect three more gems and and then it put me outside the front door where I started all over again. After three tries I gave up.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Mar 8, 11 4:55 PM
Same thing here. It's getting tiresome wondering if a game will play or not. I've got a killer alienware machine and WIN 7. I'm starting to think if a game isn't made for win7 then I'm out of luck.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Mar 9, 11 7:34 AM
I too got an "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version File "d3dx9_42.dll", error 126...

Oh dear?!?!

This has to stop, the errors are doing my computer in.....!!

thanks
Annie

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 9, 11 10:45 AM
Hi everyone!

If you're encountering the DirectX/126 error, please uninstall and reinstall the game, but be sure to accept the installation for the newest version of DirectX when reinstalling (even if you're already up to date). The option to install the Bing toolbar can be unchecked if you do not wish to install it along with DirectX. Please see this help article for more info:

Error 126

If the game still isn't opening and playing properly after doing that, then our Customer Support team would be more than happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Mar 10, 11 7:08 AM
haveing the same problem so I think I'ill just uninstall and forget about it

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Mar 10, 11 7:09 AM
haveing the same problem so I think I'ill just uninstall and forget about it

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Mar 12, 11 10:43 PM
kerchers wrote:haveing the same problem so I think I'ill just uninstall and forget about it

Ditto all the above.....cant be bothered with the agro....... until its fixed

[Post New]by kim1961 on Mar 13, 11 3:45 AM
I have follewed the instructions to a T, uninstalled the game, re-installed the game, accepted the Direct X instructions - guess what the game still does not play. Will wait for a fix before buying another game which can't be played.

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by edgery on Mar 13, 11 3:49 PM
Game plays fine for the most part but when it hits a bug OR when I exit, it doesn't save so restarting puts me at square one. frustrating and definitely not worth it!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Mar 26, 11 1:52 PM
This is the first game I've downloaded that I have had a major problem with. The graphics are fine, no Direct X related problems. It's the audio that is messed up. I can faintly hear background music at the start up screen, but during the game - nothing. The "sound affects" on the other hand are extremely loud. A click of the mouse when you are picking up an object on the items list sounds like a loud static electricity "snap". When you click on an action, that is not possible at the time - like trying to go up the stairs in the main hallway before the ghosts are defeated, you get the same clunking sound that one hears when one is doing regular stuff on the computer and try a function that is not allowed. The toggle switches in options do nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't help. I was not overall impressed with the game anyway - I doubt I will ever buy it even if the audio somehow gets fixed - I just thought I would bring the issue to the attention of the BF techies.

joefraust
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by joefraust on May 16, 11 3:37 AM
coolest_mommy wrote:Same thing happened to me. Corrupt DLL. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to playing this game. Uninstall.

I have the same problem you do. I just wasted $7.60 on this game that won't play and another $7.60 on Lost Chronicles:Fall Of Caesar and that one won't play either.

Go to: