bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Glimmer technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 8, 11 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

wiloo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Glimmer technical issues here only

[Post New]by wiloo on Mar 11, 11 8:53 AM
the Glimmer trial won't work for me . first download when i hit play now would start to load then back to start screen with it saying 60 of play time ,,, play again? So i dumped and reloaded . now i get to first screen put in my name and it then dumps me back when i try to pick a character . i will dump and try one more download .

[Post New]by lunarra on Mar 29, 11 3:54 PM
this is the first game i got that you cant even save i wont buy something you cant save

lemur998
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lemur998 on Apr 23, 11 7:45 PM
I downloaded this game the first day it was available and discovered that it doesn't save your games. I waited for an update to fix this bug, but no update has happened. It's clearly supposed to save because the game play is far too long for one sitting.

I don't see how this could be a glitch in my computer. I've been a member of Big Fish Games for over a year now and I've bought many games. None of my other games have ever had a problem saving. Since other people are having the same problem per the reviews, it seems to be a bug in the game itself.

Will this ever be fixed?

lemur998
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lemur998 on Aug 14, 11 5:05 PM
For others with the save game issue:

I liked this game so much that I decided to buy it when there was a sale and play it even if it wouldn't save. I was hoping that purchasing the game would make the save work- and it did! Although I'm not sure if it was the act of purchasing the game or what I did after I purchased it. The first time I played after buying, I played one board and then exited to see if it would save. But before I exited, I noticed the change player area. I clicked on the text that said something like"If this is not you" and was taken to the change player window. I double-clicked on my name and then went back to the main menu and exited the game. When I restarted it, I was able to resume my game without starting over.

So if you have the trial, try going to the change player area. If it still doesn't save your game, buying it might work for you too. Don't count on it though, only buy the game if you like it enough! It may not work the same for you as it did for me!

Also, I played a few more boards and then quit again to see if the save was still working. When I restarted that time, the sound quit working and the game locked up. I had to hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and close the game from the Task Manager. When I started the game after that it worked fine.

Kathy0531
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kathy0531 on Mar 22, 12 9:19 AM
My problem with Glimmer is that when I first click on the icon to start the game I get a bar across the middle of my screen that says Glimmer and when I get into the game it reverts to a half screen in b/w and makes me enter my name and then goes to a full color screen. I have already told customer service about it but I think that this problem is a glitch somewhere in the program. I am able to download other games and not have this problem.

Go to: